PDA

View Full Version : Transporting an ATC across the boarder into Canada?

Old Moss Back
04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
I have had several ATC's in my life and have sold 4 of them in the past 5 years to individuals in Canada. I recently sold my 350X to pay for some things and the buyer is having trouble setting up shipping or even coming across the boarder to pick it up. His customs broker indicated to him that 3 wheelers are impermissible to cross the boarder and he would have to send it back. Again, in past I have had 5 others pick thier ATC's up and take them back? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks

jeswinehart
04-02-2010, 08:42 PM
I have a board member buddy coming over to pick up a load of stuff he has bought and among other things are 2 rollers and a frame.
He asked if i could title them into my name and then "sell" them to him so to be much much more easier passage back into Canada.
From my understanding, they will look at the Michigan title that will be sign'd off of, bill of sale and check serial # and say welcome back home ~ Ehh.
Piece of cake tittling on my end. 11 dollars + sales tax on the "bill of sale". 24 hour vin # check and you get a temp title and in my case just under 3 weeks had a clear Michigan title to 2 rollers and a frame.
For future reference, titled machines are worth more too IMO.

john

Old Moss Back
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
What if I do not have a title for the machine. Never had one. Will a bill of sale be enough?

86 350x
04-03-2010, 12:12 AM
you will have to get a letter stating that it has never been regestered, from the state

jeswinehart
04-03-2010, 06:15 AM
What if I do not have a title for the machine. Never had one. Will a bill of sale be enough?

You take your bill of sale (and serial#) in to the secretary of state and they run a check on the serial #.
You will need to go back the next day to pick up the temporary tittle.
It is just that simple.
john

Orangecnty250r
04-03-2010, 07:09 AM
I had a guy get stuck at the boarder after purchasing a 3 wheeler from me. When all was said and done because it was over 20 years old he needed nothing more than a bill of sale. That was my only experience.