PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Minnesota

Leadfoot71
04-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Greetings all.

I just found my Dads old '82 Honda 200 ATC e "Big Red" 3 wheeler and am in the process of restoring it back to new. Here's the full story if you're really bored. :lol:

My Dad bought this brand new in 1982 for use on the farms. I was 11 and my brother was 9 so you can imagine how much fun we had blasting around our 980 acres with it. He sold it in 1998 to a neighbors kid for $150 and we never seen it again.

My brother and I were pretty disappointed about that especially since it was in near mint condition. Aside from some slightly faded paint it was perfect. The thing was 16 years old and the seat never even had one tear in it. It's had never been in snow, rain or mud.

Fast forward to 2007. My friend Brandon starts asking if he can bow hunt on my land. I have to tell him no because I've got too many people here already (I have 980 acres and all five bow hunters want to sit in the same tree. Go figure.).

One day last fall, I stopped by Brandons shop and he takes me out back. "I found something of yours and I want you to have it back". There sat Big Red! Then he says; "Can I bow hunt?". Lol! Needless to say I found a spot for him that season and came home with my Dads old 3 wheeler.

This June marks 10 years since my Dad died and I'd like to have project completed by then.

I have no real use for it at this point but I do plan on running over the neighbors kid (last owner) with it. :twisted: :lol:

MonroeMike
04-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Congrats on getting your Dad's bike back and welcome aboard.

oldtoys72
05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Its not often that you are able to get something back that was sold years ago, congrats! Where in MN you from?