PDA

View Full Version : Can am?

Rm250RF900R
04-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Ive kinda been looking around for something new. The can am 450 really floats my boat. Anyone have any experience with these? How are they compared to the trx, ltr, yfz? Any info on them would be great.

dirtbiken
04-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Well I know the Can am 450 really works good. My cuzs friend had one and it was really fast and handeled really well. I would have no doubt that it would take the trx, ltr. But the only 2 wheelers it would have trouble with would be the yfz-450 and the ktm-450. These machinces are both faster and handle better but the Can am is alright.

trikes4life
04-12-2010, 02:56 PM
I have a friend the drag races, she bought one and put a stage two racing kit in it. and she walks on some of the stock banshees. handels like a dream too.

Rm250RF900R
04-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Hows the reliability on those ds 450s? I hear a lot about these high stung 450s blowing up a lot on here. But I assume you keep up with the oil changes and valve adjustments it should be fine. I really hope so because a rebuild sounds expensive as hell.

Jason Hall
04-13-2010, 08:10 AM
You here alot about the big 450's blowing up on here from people that heard a story of how their friends brothers uncle's sister's cousin did'nt have good luck with a used 450 they bought from some guy that NEVER took care of IT!!!! If you buy a older Honda CRF, put Stainless valve's In It, and check Into the engine's Internal parts (crank , Piston). If you buy any used modern 4 stroke, ride It like It was meant to be rode and change the oil / clean the air filter. Most of the problems seen with valve's breaking and wearing out Is when you get an Inexperianced 4 stroke rider fresh off a screaming 125. They have the 4 stroke bouncing off the rev limiter every second, because they don't sign off they just keep pulling!! Remember, the rev limiter on a modern 4 stroke Dirtbike Is up around 13,000 RPM's. Your old 2 stroke Is probly down around 9,000, so when the 4 stroke Is screammed over the rev limiter something bad HAS to happen.

rdlsz24
04-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Check these out

http://www.mediafire.com/?01ttdntmtzd

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ljgnzcnmdn

Rob

Rm250RF900R
04-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the links. Im going tomorrow to take a look. Im liking the ds450 and the lt450r. Wont be for a couple months until I get one but I will own one real soon.

Mr_RPM
04-17-2010, 11:17 AM
i have had no problems ripping hard on them with a limiter action (but not like a idiot that has no clue what hes doing). just as long as you take as good of care of it as you beat on it. play hard work hard. stainless valves last much longer but are heavier and can cause valve float at high RPMs. id rather just replace the titanium valves when they wear out, but thats just me and this is mainly for the hondas. if you get the suzuki your going to wanna get the yoshi powerbomb plug in for the EFI and remove the baffle in the exhaust (or buy a slip on pipe) or you will find yourself struggling to be faster than ltz400s and stuff (people come into the dealer complaining all the time, people dont realize suzuki dulled them WAY down for emission control and sound control). i have no ride experience with the DS450 myself but my dad says they scream pretty bad and everyone says they are pretty bad arse. to me either way is a good choice