PDA

View Full Version : Any Adobe Premiere experts in the house?

Dammit!
04-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I have a copy of Adobe Premiere CS3 that I never use because it doesn't seem to get along with my GoPro (SD version) files. The preview window is real jumpy and I've always ended up with degraded quality and out of sync sound anytime I try to use it.

I read somewhere the key is that Premiere doesn't like the "wrapper" that GoPro uses and all you have to do is open the files in Quicktime Pro and "save as" MOV and the problem goes away. Well it doesn't. I think that may have fixed the sound sync problems and degraded image quality issue but the preview screen still jumps all over the place and I haven't figured out how to get smooth playback there yet.

I tried some GoPro HD footage and had the same result. Choppy preview window. I just assumed that one is due to my outdated PC but I wouldn't think my slow PC would be causing that problem with the low resolution files.

Any help?

Kinda sad that little crappy Windows Movie Maker handles these things so well and expensive as hell Adobe Premiere doesn't. Frustrating.