PDA

View Full Version : a little digging into on line Honda parts prices.,.

TeamGeek6
04-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Been searching the web sites for 250R parts and a couple interesting things..

1.) there seem to be two sets of on- line search pages, and PRICE diferences between them.
2.) There MAY be a pricing scam going on with "discounts." I got a quote from a certain dealer claiming "Service" who claimed a up tp 30% discount. When I went to order, they claimed the "discount" was already priced in. I think its fraudulent, gonna ask their States Attorney general for a decision on that one.

Realize, especially when money is tight, that Honda dealers have for YEARS kept phoney price sheets. Back about 1981, Celina Cycle (out where Billy lives) SHOWED us his phoney tractor feed green and white price sheets and ADMITTED what the game was.

They love to play the "print a bogus inflated price sheet and then mark it down" game.

atctim
04-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Isn't pricing completely up to dealers and sellers? They can sell parts for how ever much or however little they want to. What in the world would the State Attorney General have to do with this?

hublake
04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
I do as much business with my local honda dealer as I can and over the last 5 or 6 years have developed a good relationship with them. If I need a part that honda still has I get it from them as they give me a discount and do not charge shipping. There are of course some parts they don't have any more and those I have to get elsewhere. I have noticed many times that different sources on line have different prices on the same part. That is just the way business is. I just recently bought a 2009 Honda Recon 250es and paid the same price for the same machine in 2004.

I think what you are referring to TeamGeek6 is the same things that car dealers have been doing for years. In business, Let The Buyer Beware.