PDA

View Full Version : Beutiful fender braces by one of our own

jeswinehart
04-15-2010, 05:55 PM
I got to see these first hand last week end and they have the alu braces beat hands down !
Click onto his other auction too for the 250R one.
Nice job Tapper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190388944514&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

tapper190
04-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks John, the only problem is that they won't fit the liquid R's because of the front head light shell. If you just have a number plate, they will fit. I'm not sure what the front light looks like on the '86, '87 200x, maybe someone can post a picture and the hole centres on the bottom triple. You will be able to see one one the raffle trike and make your own opinion, ;) As John said on the weekend, they will outlast your trike, :lol:
Tapper

honda250sx
04-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Very nice. What do you use to cut them laser or water? I have alot of experience with cutters of all kinds.

tapper190
04-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Very nice. What do you use to cut them laser or water? I have alot of experience with cutters of all kinds.

Thanks, they are cut with a laser.
Tapper

tapper190
04-24-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure how many members were watching the auctions, but I am making more braces up. They should be ready next week sometime. If you want one, I'm charging $25 plus shipping (for either brace) for members only. That includes the brace and the 4 mounting nuts and bolts ( all in stainless steel). I'm planning on going to trikefest this year and will have some with me. If you would like to order one, let me know and I will definately have one reserved for you. If something comes up and I can't make it to trikefest, my braces will still be there, ;) !
I'm also tossing the idea around about fabricating some swingarm skid plates for the 350x. I showed some members the one I had on my 350x at bundle hill. I'm not sure of the demand of them, so I'm looking for some input. I would think the cost would be in the neighbour hood of $50.00. They are made from utility grade 10ga aluminum, with a 1/8" uhmw ware strip for the chain. It is fastened on with one eight aluminum rivets. The material has some scratches in it from lying around the shop. If I was to fabricate them I would purchase new material

Thanks...Tapper

mudbogger
04-25-2010, 08:51 AM
any chance of making them for Tecates? I would buy a couple for sure-nice job, love the look, the resemble the PRM skids.

tapper190
04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks, next time I see RoscoW, I'll have a look at his Tecate and see what would work. They should be close to the same profile, just a different mounting set up.
Tapper

Bryan Raffa
04-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Tri-z skids are just as simple as thoes... even Half the size!...

Dirtcrasher
04-25-2010, 11:55 AM
6.85$ didn't cover the materials, SS hardware and your time to the post office.......

Set a reserve or cut EBAY right out of the mix, maybe some guys here will buy some? Although 3WW is filled with broke people for some reason :lol:

Nice looking brace and skid plate too :beer

tapper190
04-25-2010, 12:18 PM
6.85$ didn't cover the materials, SS hardware and your time to the post office.......

Set a reserve or cut EBAY right out of the mix, maybe some guys here will buy some? Although 3WW is filled with broke people for some reason :lol:

Nice looking brace and skid plate too :beer

Thanks, your right on the $6.85, :lol:. I thought for sure it would at least go for $15 to $20. The ones that I have seen on e-bay run anywhere's from $30- $50. There was a lot of poeple watching it, just nobody pushing the bid botton, :lol:. Oh well you win some and you lose some. Hopefully it will recover for next time. I will be starting them off higher than the $.99.
Tapper

Dirtcrasher
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Well, thats about why I've given up offering too much anymore. People cannot understand the work involved, the R and D and the material costs.......

Even when you make a great and improved product they're hard to sell.

I'm sure the economy is not helping you either!

Good luck in the future, very nice product! May I have mine for 6.85$ as well?? :lol: