PDA

View Full Version : New Member With Fatcat

Varget22
04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Hello my name is Chris and I've got a 86 Fatcat. I know its not a 3wheeler but I was told on a few other sites that there are some guys on here that have Fatcats and info on these bikes is hard to come by. I bought the bike about three years ago from a friend that has several in his garage and I almost had to hold him at gun point to sell it to me. He told me it had about a million miles on it and also had been through the ringer and back again. It was a bit rough but it started fine and shifted fine also. I cleaned the carb, replaced wheel bearings, stem bearings, chain and sporckets, fork oil and seals, new tires, adjusted valves, new plug, etc. My next project is a top end rebuild. It dosen't blow any smoke but from what I was told about the number of hours it has on it, it could probably use it. What I'm wanting to do is try to maybe milk a little bit more giddy up go while I'm at it. I've done some searching about performance improvements but found nothing. Is there much that can be done with these motors? I'm not expecting to make it run like a monster or anything, just would like to make it pull a bit better in the sand. Any info of any kind would be great. Here is a picture of it.http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Varget22/th_0420100191.jpg

Bryan Raffa
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM
:welcome: to the site...theres a few fatcats around here... feel free to post pictures in BikersVille...thats where we talk about Bikes

MonroeMike
04-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Welcome aboard.