PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with my helmet hunt for my street bike.

LonesomeTriZ
04-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, the great state of Georgia requires motorcycle riders to wear a damn helmet. That is the only thing I miss about living in Florida. I still had my right to chose for myself. Oh well, this is where we live for the moment so if I want to ride I have to comply. I am getting my bike back on the road and I need some help locating a helmet I can half way tolerate. I know more about motocross style helmets than anything. So I am starting from scratch with street bike stuff. I would like an open face helmet that does not look totally retarded. I saw one on a Hot Rod TV show a while back that I liked but I cannot remember what it was called. Are there any out there that can be open and closed faced? I am thinking for the winter time I would like a closed face that can be removed when it warms up. Shoot me some links and shower me with your knowledge. I need this figured out quick, fast, and in a hurry.

LonesomeTriZ
04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
I think I mis-spoke. I ride a criuser, not a crotch rocket. I used the term street bike because I am use to the ATV thing. So to me anything I ride on the hard road is a street bike.

harryredtrike
04-21-2010, 09:03 AM
thtas a tough one z,i think most of the open faced helmets look awful.i have a half helmet for my cruiser but i dont think its DOT approved

LonesomeTriZ
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
I agree, most of them look stupid. But i have seen one or two that looks decent. I just do not know who makes them.

LonesomeTriZ
04-21-2010, 08:49 PM
I lucked out. I just happen to find a good deal on Craigslist today for a new helmet. I even half way like it. So, now I just have to get the bike put back together and tagged here in GA and I am done.