PDA

View Full Version : Need help

david1079
04-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Hey I am new to this forum and love it already. I have a question, i am looking to buy some parts from another member on here and was wondering, how do you guys work out the shipping and payment and making sure they send it? I was just wondering how to get them the money and that they ship? Is it just a shot in the dark , whats the best way to go about this. Thanks in advance, any help on this would be appreciated

Walkerallen
04-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Most people on the fourms will not screw you, you send the money and they send the part. some people take paypal which is easy too. oh and welcome

MonroeMike
04-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Check for feedback (if any), before buying.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdisplay.php?15-Buyers-Seller-Feed-Back-Forum

Dirtcrasher
04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I usually ship BEFORE I even get paid if they've been here awhile.....

BUT, tough times make nice people do BAD THINGS!!

Yes, check the feedback and ask lots of questions and get plenty of pictures of all known failure points!!

cattle-dog
04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
the gentlemen above pretty much covered it for you, i would check feedback and maybe see that the seller has been here a while, has a few posts on here is a good sign. welcome you are going to find this is a pretty good group of hobbiest here. Cattle-dog

Dirtcrasher
04-26-2010, 03:21 PM
You know whats funny? or sad but I'll look at it in a humorous way:

I have been ripped off FAR LESS by members of 3WW, ORG or any other fellow enthusiasts than I have by "good friends", girlfriends and other people whom I trusted.........

I've explained to others that I know that I am trying to only hang on to "wallet friends".
Thats a term I made up for people I could leave alone with my wallet and feel 100% confident that they'd never touch it; And MANY of those "wallet friends" are right here at 3WW :beer

oldskool83
04-26-2010, 04:39 PM
buy from somone thats been around on here awhile. most members will not take money and run, the sites about trust, if ya need somthing post it, someone will hook ya up.

david1079
04-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys, i looked at his profile and he has only been a member for a month and only like 20 post. Dont know what to do. I am looking for some rims and plastics for my 250es.

Texas 200x
04-27-2010, 11:28 AM
No offense to that new member but I would keep looking. Many people get on here for a month or two and disappear. I've bought things from members and had great results. The members who are on here alot helping people are the ones to best deal with. I agree most people on here won't rip you off, its the ones who haven't been weeded out yet to watch out for.