PDA

View Full Version : i didnt know they made a 2010 banshee. WOW

portland250r
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
some of you may know this but i wanted to spread the word for those of you who think theyre no longer made.
and even though its a 2010 but it wont beat the good old trike.:lol:

i learned something new today.
i was looking at banshee service manuals and i seen all the years and it keeps going till it reaches 2010 but theyre only available in select countries
heres some proof.

video. may not be full proof but i got more to back it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MepHB5n-LHk

available in europe almost everywhere but the us.
http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/factsheets/2010-Yamaha-YFZ350-factsheet-EU-EN.pdf

heres a brochure paige on the yamaha of europe website.
http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/atv/leisure/yfz350.jsp

heres the australian yamaha.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/atv/sports/10-banshee-350

heres a REAL VIDEO PROOF.
cut to 1:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeCvmmocx6E

code200k
04-28-2010, 11:34 PM
yup you can buy em in canada too

portland250r
04-28-2010, 11:37 PM
do you think tpc would do a banshee conversion?

hang&rattle
04-29-2010, 02:12 AM
-portland. Ohhhhhh. That would be cool. Why couldn't I have even thought of that?(Tell eveyone you got the idea from me) Tri-z mix?

oldskool83
04-29-2010, 07:12 AM
i heard for 2011 it was supose to turn into a 500 twin 4 stroke and look like the orginal banshee. i saw a pick on dirtwheels mag cover but i dont know if its ture or not.

portland250r
04-29-2010, 09:30 AM
as long as they keep the 2 stroke banshee.
they need to make 2 stroke dirt bikes again.

rdlsz24
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah we got the shaft here in the US the rest of the world can still walk into a dealer and buy a new Banshee

Rob

code200k
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
i heard for 2011 it was supose to turn into a 500 twin 4 stroke and look like the orginal banshee. i saw a pick on dirtwheels mag cover but i dont know if its ture or not.

that was an april fools joke

atcrider1
04-29-2010, 11:58 AM
why can you get one anywhere else but here?

Dirtcrasher
04-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Because everyone hates the USA even though we do everything for them!!

I think a PROPERLY converted Banshee would be NASTY!! No power missing there!! :D

rdlsz24
04-29-2010, 01:07 PM
why can you get one anywhere else but here?

They went the same way as the rest of the production 2-strokes in this country... GONE! I'm not sure that you can even get a pinger dirt bike anymore.

Rob

oldskool83
04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
that was an april fools joke

I thought the pic looked fishy. i only saw this last week online.

oldskool83
04-29-2010, 01:23 PM
They went the same way as the rest of the production 2-strokes in this country... GONE! I'm not sure that you can even get a pinger dirt bike anymore.

Rob

Rob, yamaha still makes the yz85, yz125 and yz250....and ktm is running strong with pingers. rm85 kx85 and kx100 but those are all dirtbikes.

Yamaha_Rules69
04-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Actually, you can still buy brand spanking new 2 strokes in the form of YZ 250, and KTM 250, 300, and also smaller models. They are the last production 2 strokes available from the dealership here.

rdlsz24
04-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Cool glad to hear they are still available. I knew Honda stopped in 07 and figured the others followed suit

Rob

tecat-z
04-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Why would any of the other oem's follow Hondas lead to completely end 2stroke production? Honda is a mear shadow of their once dominant image. They are currently my least favorite company of the big 4 japanese oems.....For MANY reasons too. Their crf150 worked so well that they completely abandoned the experiment due to the bike simply not staying together for the environment it was designed for. Motocross is a demanding sport, and a tiny 4stroke spending it's life a 15,000to 18,000k is simply not possible. This move had nothing to do with the economy either....... It was to try and protect their image of engine building superiority. This small bike did lots to tarnish their image. Thus the quiet removal from production. And them not having a competitive 85cc mini, since they despise 2strokes. Fear not, the rise of competition 2strokes is on the horizon once agian though. How will Honda explain themselves once the tide shifts this time? Through further handicapping and high minimum race weights. Like what is being done today. I hope KTM becomes one of the big 4, and Honda is on the outside looking in. KTM is an amazing company that actually listens to the customer, instead of telling us what is better.

86waterpumper
05-06-2010, 12:04 PM
The japanese companies are still selling a few smaller bore two stroke dirtbikes in the U.S., but they are doing like honda and kawasaki did with the cr500s back in the late 90's. They are changing the stickers and look a bit, but they don't care to do any r&d work or improve the engine or product any. The small bore bikes probably do sell more, since they are used alot by young racers and these days it is definately cheaper to race a small bore 2 stroke than a finicky small 4 stroke that revs it's guts out as tecat-z said.
For some reason ktm has been extremely good at marketing their product, and I do agree they make nice bikes, but most think they are about the only ones selling two strokes anymore. There are plenty other good similar specced euro bikes available, including gas gas, tm, and husqvarna. Husqvarna was bought out by bmw awhile back, but still, these european companies actually still do change their two stroke models and make advances year to year in engine design and weight and all kinds of things. In fact, for a few years now, gas gas has had a adjustable ignition selector that has a sunny day setting and rainy day setting. Basically it can adjust the timing to change the power delivery and give more bottom end torque and control the hit for more traction etc. I think alot of the reason for this continued r&d is that over in europe, supermoto racing is big, and two strokes enduro bikes are street legal unlike the states. If you watch much european enduro or isde six day riding, you will see most pros are still on 2 strokes. I ride woods, and the european bikes are better for this anyway but it is sad to see the japanese companies abandon the two strokes.

Dirtcrasher
05-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I like the KTM's, they seem to be paying attention to detail..... something that Honda lost YEARS ago.

Thats why when I build a thumper, it will be a Yamaha engine. They seem to be the thumper pioneers and make a better engine than Honda has done presently and in the past years.

Personally, I LOVED the looks of the 86-89 TRX250R and they performed well. Tecat-z has mentioned things about Honda seemingly no longer caring after those models and that sounds about right by me......

IMHO, the 400EX is a gutless and ill handling machine. If they designed that (with a better engine, or hell, just use the 350X engine) around a 250R chassis, they'd be better. Although I don't race one, I am not a fan of the 450R (F) either. They could have done MUCH better!!