PDA

View Full Version : What life is about

cattle-dog
04-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I know we have heard this question many times, and a friend dickieg gave me a compliment for the kind of person i am.
So here it is my version.
I am a country boy with my strange quirks hopefully good ones
I believe in Karma if you are a good person it will return to you. if you are a jerk it will get you.
I am a firm believer in the pay it forward thing, Do good and be fair to others.
All my pets come from rescues 3 dogs and 3 horses many i travel hundreds of miles to get, i have it set up so if anything happens to me my pets will be taken care of , they will never again have to leave this farm. my animals food, shelter and medical care comes before my own pleasure.
I try to be just a all around good person, not a saint i have my vices, but i will allways do good by every living thing.
i believe all living things are equal to man and should be treated with respect, i am not a tree hugger or vegetarian but try to be respectfull of them.
i used to like my pets more than most people, then i joined this group and have met some very good people i hope to become friends with.
I do not go to church but believe in the bible, which for me is a book of lessons to show you how to be a good person towards all creatures not just man, that is about as religous as i get.
so i guess what i am saying is life is about helping others man, animals or plants (earth) and if we do you will find that things will also come back to you and your life will be better in return.
i could go on for ever but you all will get my meaning, feel free to comment, but if your gonna be a jerk dont post, and for the grammer guys you have your own thread, how ever if you have something positive to post go ahead. life is good Cattle-Dog

Thorpe
04-30-2010, 03:46 PM
You are good people...

Dirtcrasher
04-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Sniff, sniff, it brought tears to my eyes!! :lol: J/K

I believe that if your a good honest person than you'll feel good about yourself - THATS IT!

I'm not sure if the "pay it back" or "pay it forwards" works because I've been good to ALLOT OF people and one day I added up the money OWED to me it it was well over 10,000$ and I'm unemployed. So go figure that one out for me.......... Lent people $ when they were broke or over a period of time, lent a guy thousands when he got cancer - (never saw that again) and I seemingly constantly get shafted one way or the other........

Meeting and having a good girl are a whole other ball game but I figured the gods would have been good to me by now :D

Regardless - I enjoy helping guys out here, and I also enjoy getting on the guys that refuse to tread a book, download a free manual or even pay attention to what we've told them. It gets very frustrating sometimes. These aren't XR200's that will be around for a couple more decades, these are trikes that we need to respect!!

I've said it before, the very best people I can count on are from 3WW!!............

Anyhow, just knowing that you've done or did the "right thing" makes you feel good doesn't it cattle dog?? I'm glad things work out for you :beer

cattle-dog
04-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Dirt i to have lent or gave money,parts,cars, ect to people and not been repaid but it seems that when times are tight it works out so that everything gets paid or bought or traded for, yes sometimes my trikes have to sit until money frees up, but it will all work out brother trust me. i realized these ideals about 5 years ago and it took sometime but it has came around,
the thing is it is not about money my friend it is about the life we lead. i parts dead wheelers to make extra cash that all started with a 100 dollar trx 250 and this site, i dont take any money out of my pocket for my trikes or parts bikes now anyone can do that.
My animals i have a elderly farmer who cant do hay alone he is 75 years old, so i do the labor part and get half the crop 1500 bales for 8 days work which are worth 3 bucks a bale on average, so i sell some and keep some that pays for my animals care. i work a regular job at 15 a hour, then i can fix anything mechanical or to do with a house so side jobs there.
we make our own destiny by the things we do, if i am a good person people will have me do jobs or buy my parts, this is what it means comes back to you.

Dirtcrasher
04-30-2010, 07:16 PM
^ A bale of "good stuff" here is near 6$ and they say it's because of the diesel cost.........

I HOPE it comes full circle and back to me, but so far, I have very very few people who appreciate the things I do for them and just to name a few who DO APPRECIATE MY HELP - DEEPA, FABIO and TANKS (If I left anyone out, I am very sorry but I'm typing as fast as I can think at the moment and I'm running out of light. :lol:). Regradless, we have a GREAT group of guys here!! that I trust 100%!! I'm in a tough spot with no vehicle on the road and barely squeaking by..... I'm making any side $$ I can as my unemployment ran out awhile ago, I could sure use the 2K I lent Mr' Cancer and the hundreds or thousands of other dollars owed to me from others...... I will NO LONGER lend anyone more than 20$ and I hold there parts hostage........ It's my fault for being a SUKER or a "MR. NICE GUY".

Why 3WW members back out on group buys is beyond my comprehension........ If you say your gonna join in, STAND BY YOUR WORD!! YOUR WORD MEANS EVERYTHING!! Aside from that, I make UNAVAILABLE parts, duplicate parts, improve parts and fix things that would otherwise cost the person triple what I charged along with the custom things I make; The people just beat me up on my price but I'll KEEP THEM until I get what they're worth and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee . BUT, the items I've sold have got great feedback, I guess in my current positiion that it is just very frustrating because I'm doing my end of it and just need the $$ to pay for materials and labor........ Maybe there broke too? who knows..........

Anyhow, I'd rather be a good person than a liar. I couldn't sleep with myself or get ANY rest if I were lying. When I was a kid, if I lied I got BEAT with a plywood plank and DAD remade them every single time. Just the noise of the saw and sanding drum scared the hell out of me. BUT, it made me a better person :beer

But, I've done plenty of good, I'd like to see it come back someday and sometime :D

I've gotta go finish the track - only about 45 minutes left of light. I just came in for a couple o0f WELL DESERVED beers :D

Mr_RPM
04-30-2010, 07:33 PM
I believe in the power of positive thinking, cattle-dog. if you believe being a good person will bring good to you, then i believe that is what will happen for you since that is what you believe.
being a negative person who focuses on money alot will simply always suffer with money till they turn their thinking around. i read a book called "The Secret" and it really changed my thinking.

but also im a realist, im not very religious and sometime find myself struggling to believe, i was raised christian and I will always have that as a part of me but i enjoy the Buddhist religion alot. I believe life is unfair and some people are dealt bad hands and struggle in life while others get it so easy and they dont even appreciate it. I have 2 looks on life, 1 what you think is what you become, if you think as a happy person happiness will come back to you. 2 life is an accident and life is filled with suffering and pain and its about how you cope with it. while those 2 sound very different they both play a part in Buddhism.
i dont believe in reincarnation or Nirvana and i believe this is our 1 and only life. and as for an after life im not sure what i believe. I am a strong science person but i also believe humans are like fish in a pond, neither physically or mentally can we understand or realize what is really going on and no matter how far we make it in science we will never see the big picture. I guess i try to use ration with many beliefs i have and others maybe not so much.
these are all opinions and please no one hate me for it.

Dammit!
04-30-2010, 08:13 PM
For whatever reason, I was instantly reminded of this classic movie quote.

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

:lol:

cattle-dog
04-30-2010, 09:00 PM
dammit you are one funny dude lol you are a dude right ???? lol
mr rpm i dont find a thing wrong or upsetting in your post, i mainly started this post to tell who i am and why. and others are welcome to do the same as long as it doesnt become a bashing thread.

Woodsrider
04-30-2010, 09:30 PM
cattle-dog...you and I have a lot in common...I can identify with what you wrote...I pretty much feel the same way about life...and I always seem to have what I need when times are tough(which has always fascinated me for many years...but now I just relax and I feel that I will get what I need before I need it.... and it just seems to be that way).

3wheelmecca
04-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Those are words of wisdom. I always try to help someone out. I believe, that you should not be sad that anything ended, but glad that it happened.
I have a friend who I have known for years, me being a mechanic, and him being one too, we help each other out. I always try to help him with things no matter what and expect nothing in return, granted, my father has f-ed up that somewhat. I always volunteer to help him on any project, just because. I just want to help out. I would let him have my LTD, if his Ford ever broke down. I always try to help him and have him go riding with me. I have tought him to ride and am really proud of him, he really has fun. I just feels good to be with someone while riding, my father has not ridden with me for 6 years. My friend recently hurt his ankle at my house starting my 250R, I feel guilty and have tried to help him out. I just scares me, last guy that got hurt at my place ( on his 4-wheeler) is now in a wheelchair and cannot use his legs.
I think if you do something, stand by it. I try my best, just sometimes I have to juggle a lot of things at one time, and things get forgotten. I try to be a good, honest person.

Thorpe
04-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I spent the day with my 14 month old little man today... That is what life is about in my book. We ate breakfast together, and played with blocks and toy motorcycles, took a nap, did some errands, played outside, had lunch, took another nap, played while momma cooked dinner... 14 months old, and not a care in the world other than wrestling with daddy on the floor... I am kinda jelous of the kiddo... No idea that dad hasn't had a job in almost a year or the things we have sacraficed to survive... But thats what my life is about. --Live a life you can be proud of, and take care of those that matter to you... Have faith it will all work out in the end... (thats what I think)

Dirtcrasher
05-01-2010, 12:08 AM
I spent the day with my 14 month old little man today... That is what life is about in my book. We ate breakfast together, and played with blocks and toy motorcycles, took a nap, did some errands, played outside, had lunch, took another nap, played while momma cooked dinner... 14 months old, and not a care in the world other than wrestling with daddy on the floor... I am kinda jelous of the kiddo... No idea that dad hasn't had a job in almost a year or the things sacraficed to survive... Live a life you can be proud of, and take care of those that matter to you... Have faith it will all work out in the end... (thats what I think)

That child is so harmless! I hope/pray someday I can have a child with someone I love..... But, even if I hate her rotted guts, I'll still be there for my son/daughter. The look on there face when you ask them what they want to do? is PRICELESS! Wish I could have a kid all by myself - no child support, no drama; ALLOT of hard work but well worth it in the end! They DO remember because I still do!!

Good for you being a great dad Thorpe!!!!!!!!!!! :beer

Dammit!
05-01-2010, 12:47 AM
dammit you are one funny dude lol you are a dude right ???? lol

Well if I was a chick I wouldn't be posting on this forum so much. I'd be far to busy playing with my... hair.

:D

NINJA
05-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Life is what you make it, but you always have to factor in time and unforseen occurances. People that blame their hardship on a god/gods, be they malevolent or benevolent, need to face the music and look long and hard into a mirror. If your life sucks, what are you doing to better the situation? If you feel sorry for yourself and feel you've been cheated on quality of life, what steps can you take to climb up and out of the spot you're in without hurting others to get there? If your life is easy, think long and hard about how it got to be that way. Did other people have to suffer, be manipulated or be exploited for you to get there? It doesn't even matter if you weren't the one personally responsible for that goldrush climb to success, it could be a byproduct of your family or relatives capatilizing on others in the past. Either way, that's wealth aquired through others hardship. Do you use that wealth to help and benefit others who truly need it or do you horde it and use it to please your own selfish interests? Life for everything and everyone around us is a constant transfer of energy and power. After we die, none of the things we bought or aquired are of any value to us anymore.

cattle-dog
05-01-2010, 07:41 AM
thorpe you do have the meaning of life with that little guy, i myself have never been married and no children,
I spent the early years seeking monetary things, it started when i was 13 i worked around my neighborhood doing lawns and raking , when i was 16 i found a wrecked 73 z28 i purchased it for 500 bucks and fixed it up, i was driving a nicer car than most of the teachers at my school. over the years i would work 12 hour days 7 days a week and have owned hundreds of cars atleast 20 diffrent trans ams, some old mustangs, cadillacs, at 40 i realized i had alot of things but no one to share them with, so i decided a change was needed, i now live very simple, met a incredable lady, work 40 hours a week, drive a old 85 ford f250 with a 6.9 diesal and try to help out as many people or animals i can responsibly along the way. the parts i sell here also help to feed my rescued pets. i now enjoy my life, i thought i did before but i was just a foolish man,
"If one dwells on money one will never be truely happy"
i think if we treated all living things as family we would find it a much happier place to live.
well its time to do chores, gentlemen and ladys try to do one good deed to day weather its holding a door for someone or just returning your shopping cart to the store, you will notice a smile on someones face for you deed, Life is good Cattle-Dog

Dirtcrasher
05-01-2010, 05:52 PM
The parts of the country vary.......

Seems like down south there are better people!?; Up here in the northeast people are ALWAYS on guard and not very friendly. You merely say "hello" and they hang there head down - unless they are outspoken and or 300lbs.

Yes it gets lonely, but if you stay so busy you don't have a chance to be lonely, it works for me :D

I said enough in my other posts!, I think it's important to be a MAN of your word and also that being nice to people (esp. elderly people) just makes you feel good!! I always just think of them as my very own family members................ And I'd do ANYTHING for them so whats the difference?? :beer

Vealmonkey
05-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I think everyone should start a post telling everyone else how great they are without people being allowed to bash them. Sounds like a great website someone should start, "How Great I Am!" .com of course. LOL

cattle-dog
05-01-2010, 09:26 PM
is there a problem vealmonkey? did the thread upset you? i dont think you get the point of the thread, no one has called anyone great.
we have simply agreed or disageed like mature adults and voiced our opinons on what life is about to each of us.

Vealmonkey
05-01-2010, 11:06 PM
I definitely don't agree with several things. I also know there are some really good people on here that are getting the poopy end of the stick that don't deserve it. So karma and stuff like that, I don't believe in it, even though it would be a really keen idea. Anything else I really want to post, is just way too negative.

goodgreenbandit
05-02-2010, 01:30 AM
You guys are great!! And I'm proud of what we do, as humans, to struggle on. Hats off to you gentlemen(& you too, gentle women). Happy to be part of this site. :) It's brought good friends and good times. My philosophy on life is: we are all our own creator. Individually we have the power to do anything, imagine what we could do if we all got together. Peace & Love

P.S. I'm reminded of something I read awhile ago, don't remember where, but anyway: He has done so much with so little for so long, he is now qualified to do anything with nothing. Somehow it makes sense of all the madness!! :)

Mr_RPM
05-02-2010, 01:08 PM
I definitely don't agree with several things. I also know there are some really good people on here that are getting the poopy end of the stick that don't deserve it. So karma and stuff like that, I don't believe in it, even though it would be a really keen idea. Anything else I really want to post, is just way too negative.

i agree vealmonkey, i also had more to say but didnt. But i also dont have a problem trying to be positive. we can know how much life sucks or how everything may mean nothing but we can try to make most with what everything is.

cattle-dog
05-02-2010, 02:29 PM
guys i know nothing is perfect and there will allways be problems and lifes ups and downs, and you can post your thoughts doesnt bother me for anyone to voice there side as long as its civil, no matter what problems arrise i try to keep positive, we have had a couple of life changeing negative events in our family the past few years, and three weeks ago was a big problem one that no person should endure, worst part is it happened to my 3 year old nephew who is a awsome little guy. so when i think i have it rough i think of the little guys fighting cancer or hurt in a accident, fighting aids because of thier drug addicted mom, get my picture. no matter what has happened to me in my 46 years of life and i have had some rough times myself i realized i have lived a full healthy life. life is supposed to be challenging and we get to make our choices. i have lost 7 family members to cancer and a 20 year old niece has been fighting it since she was 12. but you know what when they would see me they smiled, even in thier last days as i was chearfull and gave them some chearfull memories to the end, Cattle-dog

dickieg89
05-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I thought I would chime in since I prompted Don to start this thread. Don is one of the finest people I've met on 3ww. ATVNUT is another. Fabio and I would be arrested at some point if I was still on the east coast, may still be...the fox is great, atceeya I could go on.

Vealmonkey always has some horseshit thing to say so I ignore the negatives and listen to what he has to say, he is a smart dude though.

I chime in on the bible in my signature bc thats what I believe. I love this site. Trikes got me away from the nonsense and back to my family. Weird to read but has a story that I won't tell right now.

So at the end of that day, God, guns,guts,family,country, whatever you believe.

Not to be dramatic but trikes has shaped my life. The secret of it is what you make it.

I forget the exact wording but in kingdon of heaven "your quality shall be known among your enemies if you ever shall meet them"

You reep what you sew. Forgive my spelling.

atc007
09-06-2017, 03:08 PM
We're here for ya glamy. Just paid $5000 taxes to keep my farm another 6 months.............. I know right ??!!!

barnett468
09-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Jesus, some people must be awful bored to post on a 10 year old thread. I would suggest an inflatable companion for those whom might be lonely or just need a second person for the car pool lane and would gladly post a link to a wide variety of them on amazon.com for those whom might be interested, however, if I did that I'm sure I will get banned again for it just like I did last time for doing that, cuz according to the "moderators" it is a far more egregious, non "family friendly" act than telling people to f off or suck their albondigas etc. :wondering

This was in the email I received for my despicable crime.

INFRACTION

Reason: Posting links to porn dolls
Date 12-24-2013 08:56 PM
5 points charged
by howdy

Oh, and my ban that was for ONE ENTIRE YEAR was apparently for posting a funny emoticon on a thread where a few different people were telling each other to f off and suck their d___'s and calling each other fa__ots etc. :lock:

Yes it's true what they say about me, I AM THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD! :w00t:

OMG...I think I excreted in my undergarment! (I hope that is G rated enough)!

...http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/l/laughing/graphics-laughing-867787.gif

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON EVER BANNED ON 3WW JUST FOR POSTING EMOTICONS :Bounce

barnett468
09-06-2017, 07:01 PM

OMG...there goes my spleen!

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR :lol:

83ATC185
09-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFeoLfbzrZc

tripledog
09-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Is that your vinyl answer?

83ATC185
09-07-2017, 04:30 PM
I've seen him live...twice!

He's the voice of Early from Squidbillies (which i have never seen, other than a few clips, actually)

Never heard any of his music before i went with some friends to see him on a whim one friday night because it was only 10 bucks to get in.

Well worth it for the laughs, he's so damn goofy on stage with the whole redneck elvis thing

barnett468
09-07-2017, 09:57 PM

OMFG...I think my appendix just burst.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR :Bounce

Jd110
01-18-2018, 09:57 AM
This is a good thread, guys! I might not have seen this if someone didn't revive it. Thx