PDA

View Full Version : 86 tecate calfab

motoman1012002
05-03-2010, 07:03 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CALFAB-SWINGARM-KAWASAKI-TECATE-1986-1987-RARE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bbe47771QQitemZ11052 6494577QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I think this guy is crazy a grand

busted
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
He was selling a right side shroud the other day for like $700.00. I wish his prices where realistic because that would mean I got about 30grand worth of tecate parts sitting around.

alexandros
05-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I made him an offer for 500usd and he declined it... he want 800usd and over!!!

hang&rattle
05-04-2010, 06:08 PM
WOW, I really am poor.

alexandros
05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
well i'm not rich either!!!

I made this offer with another (tecate crazy) friend here, and plans are to reproduce one swingarm like this calfab for our tecates! We have the knowledge and the equipment to do this but we need one prototype!!

jeswinehart
05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
if my lack of knowledge serves me correct, there is no swing arm chain guard sliders for these ???
Can mounts of one sort or another be added so i can offer up my services (at a ridiculously reduced rate of course to keep price as low as possible).
Let me know how/if I can be of any help.

thanks ,,,, john

alexandros
05-04-2010, 07:41 PM
well john this answer must be given by the calfab owners! i do not have one yet but if i do I know where to go for chain sliders :)

cattle-dog
05-04-2010, 07:57 PM
if you have a stock swing arm and the tools you should be able to build a extended swingarm from that with out to much trouble and very little cost.

KASEY
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
i have one too,,,

http://i43.tinypic.com/14mql52.jpg

sportvette
05-04-2010, 10:18 PM
i believe it takes stock chain sliders. see the pic of mine. i didnt try the new sliders jeswinehart sent me yet. i paid $400 for mine back a few years. getting parts ready to go out for polish and the calfab is included.

jonathandexter
05-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Hey guys:

Look if you want the best you have to pay for the best. That swing arm is the SH-T. No offense to anybody but if your going to the moon you want to be ready to go to Mars Right???!!!
Learn it, Live it, Love it!!!
And yes I am poor too, but I know the difference between talk and Banging hard products!

Thats all, for now but if your like me I have a part time job for my trike stuffs.

Jonathan

NINJA
05-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Those things are made outta rocking horse schit. To the right collector or restorer, that swinger is worth it.

Maico
05-05-2010, 02:05 AM
What makes it the BEST?? The decals?? The really cool aluminum welds?? The only REAL difference may be the weight.

All things equal...will a stock '86 T3 vs a stock T3 w/(insert favorite aftermarket manufacturer here) swingarm perform any better?? Hint....no. This stuff is purely collector fodder only.

Opening bid reflects rarity...not functionality.

jeswinehart
05-05-2010, 06:19 AM
I gotta admit I didn't open up the link in Motomans thread starter posting and can see from it, along with Sportvette's pic there was mounts.
I am thinking one of the other low production after market swing arms did not have any.
Franks, Champion, others ???

john

alexandros
05-05-2010, 12:15 PM
i have one too,,,

http://i43.tinypic.com/14mql52.jpg

nice tecate!!!

alexandros
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
What makes it the BEST?? The decals?? The really cool aluminum welds?? The only REAL difference may be the weight.

All things equal...will a stock '86 T3 vs a stock T3 w/(insert favorite aftermarket manufacturer here) swingarm perform any better?? Hint....no. This stuff is purely collector fodder only.

Opening bid reflects rarity...not functionality.

Hello Maico! i had send you some pm but never received an answer, did you received them or there was any problem with the server?

Buster Brown
05-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Dido on the "nice tecate!!!" Kasey's got some sweet stuff!

alexandros
05-06-2010, 01:28 PM
the higher offer was 675usd from another buyer and the seller declined it!

scottyms
05-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Hey Alex, if it makes you feel better i threw a 700 email at it and didnt even get so much as a go f#@$ yourself response....

scotty

86waterpumper
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Haha I wish mine had sold for that a couple years ago when I sold it. As I recall it went for 500 something. These things are rare and they are the best of the oldschool aftermarket swingers but I don't know that it's worth a grand. I will say that his is worth more since it has the extra guard and stuff with it. Any number of people can make a duplicate, or a replica of any swinger they want, but in the end that is all it is and it still won't be the same as the original part made in the 80's will it. If you just are building a rider it probably doesn't matter but for someone doing up a period correct build it is worth what it costs.

alexandros
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Hey Alex, if it makes you feel better i threw a 700 email at it and didnt even get so much as a go f#@$ yourself response....

scotty

so you are in the hunt of one too! I thing a price from 500-700usd is its current price no more!!

alexandros
05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
why I thing I'm the only one who wants to put it in a rider tecate and not in a collectible?

Garage Boy 34
05-08-2010, 09:09 PM
you should check the racing forums> I race my tecate w/ my calfab on>>would not even let go my swinger for even a grand. and as for the decals for it .I did the rubbings and pics for you SportVette and you could of hooked me up w/ a free set instead or trying to sell me it>>>>hooked you up cheap on quite a few things for your t-3 >>>>trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrai lpro

sportvette
05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
mark. i dropped the ball back then when i was working with harlan to have the calfab decals made. i appreciate your help and all youve done. if your interested i can look for the one and only set i have and send it off to you. i can try contacting harlan again to see if he would make additional sets. either way your welcome to the one i have. sorry.

fmnrd
05-13-2010, 07:45 PM
guys i now have the calfab decals ready for sale .they are exact match to the originals .if any body wants a set let me know frank @ atc parts n restorations

freaksfix
05-16-2010, 10:52 PM
I think old school parts are worth there weight in gold, you may never see another one.. I just sold a top mount alum Tri-Z tank on ebay, it brought over 800 dollars, i found it at a bone yard spray bombed white, it had been sitting in the bone yard for years on a Tir-Z with an Astro kit and a freakin street bike motor in it.. Thats what happen to the parts, they became 8-10 years old and wernt worth scrap, so most of what was made is gone.. Turns out it was only woth $20 to the bone yard but they dont get off on trikes or trike parts, they just strip them down..

sportvette
05-18-2010, 08:47 AM
fmnrd -

i've already ordered some sets of the calfab lettering for the sides. do you have a replacement sticker for the warning decal on the rear? if so im interested.

alex/mark - picking up some additional sets - so you guys are welcome to free sets for helping me out.