PDA

View Full Version : Torn muscle

Eric250R
05-04-2010, 12:09 AM
So I have been determined to run the 2-stroke b class and the BTC class this year at TF. One thing I learned last year was just how good of shape you need to be in. So, I've been doing hardcore cardio....nothing but cardio. Last night I was running when I felt something tear....then an intense burning in my leg. Yeah, it sucked....almost brought me to tears.You can actually see and feel where it's torn. Jess has suggested more than once that I go to the doctor but apparently I'm either too stubborn or too stupid. Going to take it very, very easy the next few weeks, then get back at it. You boys ain't out of the woods yet..:D

factoryX
05-04-2010, 02:50 AM
i would get it looked at.
http://www.sportsdoctor.com/articles/muscle.html

atctim
05-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah - Eric - Jess is right - get it looked at. If you don't there is a good chance we will be out of the woods because it either won't heal at all or it won't heal correctly. I like being stubborn about going to see "old saw bones" too - but sometimes it is best.

Anyway - enough preaching - hope you get better soon bud!

The Goat
05-04-2010, 11:17 AM
where's the tear at?

If you can still move it pretty well, I'd say you didn't tear it all the way. It will heal back on it's own, but you're gonna be sore a long time.

Eric250R
05-04-2010, 09:15 PM
No, thankfully it's not completely torn. Small rip in the top center under the knee. Jessica is a nurse, and I can't thank her enough for taking care of me. She has definately helped speed up the process. Been keeping it wrapped and iced. Most of the swelling is gone and I can actually move more than 5 feet without crying like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. She knows how determined I am to race at TF this year. It has been every year that something has kept me from racing. That's a story all in it's self.