PDA

View Full Version : LT125 sounds like a Harley....

ATC crazy
09-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Well...Last night me and a friend, Jessie, who just got a 1985 Suzuki LT125 for free, went riding. His machine has absoutly no plastic...just a seat and a logging chain wrapped around the front bumper and no shocks or brakes. Well anyways...we have some junker cars in the woods behind my house, so he thought it would be a good idea to "borrow" some things from it...like the "chevrolet" decal and a rear view mirror (which he zip-tied both onto his LT...it looks good too). Then, when we were in the garage because it was raning like a mofo....I was wondering what it would sound like without the muffler on there. So, he wanted to hear for himself so we took off the whole exhaust system. He started it up and it was louder than any Harley ever dreamed of....and it would shoot blue flames out of the head a good 6 inches. Well, he liked it a lot so we bolted the exhaust back on and cut the head pipe right where it points towards the ground.....about 10" down from the head. It is cool as hell. It will shoot an orange flame out at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and a blue flame out at full throttle. While letting off the throttle it will pop and backfire....it sounds so awesome. He has a clamp so he can clamp the rest of the system on it now for when he wants to quiet it down some. Thats just what us rednecks do when there is a perfectly good fourwheeler around to mess with. Damn...I still cant get over how good that sounded... 8)

350Xccelerator
09-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Ive never heard of a lt125

J.D.
09-02-2003, 07:32 AM
Now I thought it would damage the valves if you ran without muffler? Why would you let him do that? My TLR200 sounds exactly like a Harley when I run it without the silencer(on acceleration). Didn't see any flames, but I did melt a few useless emissions lines, mhuahahah!

Howdy
09-02-2003, 08:59 AM
Ive never heard of a lt125

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/Sads/sSuz1983SuzukiLT125.jpg

There is a picture of one. I have a LT125 and part of a LT185.
Howdy

ATC crazy
09-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Well, this LT125 looks nothing like that :D (no plastic, bald front tires, etc...It runs good though)

Anyways....I've heard that it will damage the valves and I have also heard that it wont damage them. Yesterday he called me and said it was running like crap (probably due to not jetting it) so he got a pipe clamp and clamped the rest of the system back on and its running fine now. He can take it back off and put it back on within seconds now so we can still enjoy the sound every now and then. :D ;)

cooter
10-14-2003, 03:17 PM
here's a real photo of it. really looks like trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro with the front body on, don't it? but, it runs like a chevorlet. (real good) :twisted:

ATC crazy
10-14-2003, 04:35 PM
but, it runs like a chevorlet. (real good) :twisted:

HEHE....Ever since he took off the chevrolet decal it runs better. If only we had a ford decal....wheelies in every gear ;) :D