PDA

View Full Version : What is up with some women?

LonesomeTriZ
05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I had a chain of, um, debates today with my wife. Apparently there are certain things one should not do in the kitchen. I have a parts washer and a deep sink. But much like my other shop equipment they are not hooked up and running for various reasons too lengthy to get into at this time. So I am left with nothing more than a hose and spray bottle of solvents. I decided today that will just no longer do. So I started off by placing the air box from my truck in the dish washer. I had no idea this was the sort of thing inconsiderate people do until it was pointed out to me. My response was logical but perhaps not that well worded. “Well if dish washers were not meant to wash parts why did my air box and tubing come out so clean?” I also got the impression that things would not have went the way they did had I not mixed in the air box and tubing with our dishes. Okay, lesson one learned for the day. On to lesson two. As I mentioned my deep sink is not operational. However, I do have a nice large double sink in the kitchen. Soaking the brake parts off of my motorcycle in a can of solvent got them cleaner than I expected. But I still had to take a tooth brush to them and wash the solvent off. I figured using the sink in the kitchen was a great idea. Once again, it was pointed out to me that I was wrong. It would seem that cleaning brake parts with a tooth brush over the sink while washing solvents off into the sink at the same time I was cooking spaghetti was not a wise combination of tasks. I felt I was doing a great job of multitasking. Not only was I getting dinner ready, but I was also getting my motorcycle that much closer to getting back on the road. I find it strange how two people can see a situation so differently. And finally, I learned the oven is not intended to non-food items. After dinner I was asked why the oven was on. My response “I just painted the master cylinder on my bike so it is baking in the oven” was not well received at all. I guess that fact that I had painted a part made of aluminum and baking it would help the paint stick was irrelevant to her. No, the fact that I had a freshly painted part in the oven is all she cared to acknowledge. I tell you, I just have no idea what some women are thinking. Her comments today almost had me second guessing my idea of soaking my transfer case in her tub tomorrow. Almost any way…

Dirtcrasher
05-08-2010, 10:46 PM
They're just a whole different breed. Anyone with a good one is VERY LUCKY!! :beer

LonesomeTriZ
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Maybe I will get a bit more understanding with my assigned tasks for tomorrow. The fuel tank I plan to clean in the shower should not be that big of deal I would think.

Greiver430x
05-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Jeez mine gets mad at me for tearing down my guns on the kitchen table and cleaning them. At least I finally taught her laundry tip #137, Always check pockets for left over ammunition.

LonesomeTriZ
05-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh man, you to? Yeah, I got the "put a damn towl down!" screamed from another room.

Greiver430x
05-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah and she doesnt like the smell of the gun cleaning solevents, its like cmon youll thank me when the zombies are here and we have clean well working guns with cases of ammo to stop them. Sheesh lol, seriously the other day I bought 400 rounds of 7.62x54r m]for my mossin nagant for 90 bucks. The stuff was still sealed, she was like what do you need that many bullets for. I was like why do you by a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro load of meat freeze it all and never take it out in time for dinner. Then she will say we gotta get something for dinner, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 300 DOLLARS IN GROCERIES I JUST BOUGHT, oh I forgot to take something out...........:banned:

Dirtcrasher
05-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, don't mess with the dishwasher, shower, tub or sink if she's the one cleaning them.....

Not to mention that they get pissed off by the smell of any chemicals or cleaners unless it's something they use. The items listed above have a purpose, when you deviate from that purpose - YOU HAVE SOME ESPLANING TO DO LUCY!! :lol:

LonesomeTriZ
05-08-2010, 11:14 PM
You know, that reminds me of way back when we first moved into this house. I told her the tub is big enough to clean a transmission in. She told me it would not fit. I responded with, "well you fit so the transmission should not have a problem at all" Yeah, we were off to a rough start in our new house.

Greiver430x
05-08-2010, 11:24 PM
You know, that reminds me of way back when we first moved into this house. I told her the tub is big enough to clean a transmission in. She told me it would not fit. I responded with, "well you fit so the transmission should not have a problem at all" Yeah, we were off to a rough start in our new house.
Lmao that is priceless. I say dumb stuff like that all the time. My wife gained ALOT of weight from the birth control shots she is taking so the other day she was just cleaning and she put an old maternity shirt on from when she was preggers with my son. I was like aww you look just like you did right before you had james.... Oh trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro I mean you have that sexy pregnant lady look... Umm I mean im never mind I love you so, so much lol. At least she is cool about stuff like that for the most part, later we went to the store she said we should park in a handicap for expectant mothers.lol.

LonesomeTriZ
05-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Hmmm. I will have to remember those comments.

Dirtcrasher
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
^^ Sounds about right!! ^^ Sorry Greiver!!

Coookoo....

coookoo....

December 21st, 2012 - Soon after is ZOMBIE alert!!

LonesomeTriZ
05-08-2010, 11:40 PM
They are not Zombies. They are Obama supporters.

Greiver430x
05-08-2010, 11:44 PM
They are not Zombies. They are Obama supporters. Thats why I gots about 2000 round on me at all times.

LonesomeTriZ
05-08-2010, 11:48 PM
May not be enough.

Greiver430x
05-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Enough to make a point, also have several pounds of black powder. That stuff can be handy.....:shiftyeyes:

LonesomeTriZ
05-09-2010, 09:18 AM
I think my woman would be a bit more understanding of that. But this parts cleaning thing has gotten her annoyed.

SYKO
05-09-2010, 09:32 AM
louis.....do I need to fix up the spare bedroom for you? seems like you may be making a lengthy vist soon.......lol

DixiePlowboy
05-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Mine gets ill when I make a mess working on or cleaning something out in the carport...I can just imagine what she'd say if I were in the house. It would probably turn out about like the time she came home and I had some freshly painted parts suspended by wire from the oven racks.....baking them. She came unglued, screamed something in German(I think), and went to raising windows.

They've all got snakes in their heads.

NINJA
05-09-2010, 03:53 PM
They are not Zombies. They are Obama supporters.

I didn't know there was a difference. LOL

LonesomeTriZ
05-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Today did not go well either. I forgot about the whole Mother's Day thing.

Greiver430x
05-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Yeah i nlearned that lesson a while back lol. On the broke side cuz om outta work but I got her and my mom a card.:cool:

Mosh
05-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Look at it this way.

What if your wife emptied out your toolbox and used it for make-up, or her sewing stuff?

What if your wife took your 12 gage, and used it to plunge your toilet?

What if she used your trike to pull shrubs out of the garden and burnt up your clutch?

What if she used your motorcycle as a clothes drying line?

I am sure you would feel dissed and get mad at her.

I am just trying to turn the tables here so maybe the reaction from her can be understood..
Of course I have been with my gal for 17 years..
So maybe I am the screwed up one?:D

Just one small key to longevity in a relationship is mutual respect for each other, and each others property.

And I am not a food expert, but spaghetti with solvent does not sound too appealing...:lol:

plastikosmd
05-09-2010, 07:55 PM
u arnt suppose to use a 12 gauge to unstop the toilet? sheeh things I learn here

LonesomeTriZ
05-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Man there is nothing wrong with mixing solvents and food. It puts hair on your chest.

Mr_RPM
05-09-2010, 09:21 PM
i find this whole conversation HILARIOUS. only on 3ww =)

LonesomeTriZ
05-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I do see a pattern on this site.

cattle-dog
05-09-2010, 10:08 PM
hey as long as we are on the subject of women heres one for you guys.
my girl and i have a farm together om which we have three horses soon to be four and three dogs, now i take care of all the animals morning and night, both feedings and 95% of the stall cleaning, now it is no secret that i put my pets before myself i dont even go on our yearly vacation as i wont leave thier care to someone else.
so knowing all this she will come home and around 7-8 oclock pm ask me have you done the horses? or have the dogs ate? doesnt make sense, but i will tell you i can have trike or car parts in the house or sink even on the kitchen table!

Greiver430x
05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah mine is cool but I cannot and repeat CANNOT mess with her kitchen its fair enough though she doesnt mess with my garage lol.

LonesomeTriZ
05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
My wife and I argue over our horses all the time. We have even started arguing over the cats we have.

300rman
05-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I wash my air filter in our kitchen sink all the time. just clean out the sink when your done. if the woman still has something to say, tell her to shove it. i love mine, but i do what i want, and she knows it. and she also knows i could care less if she's pissed off with me, so it all works out.

im gonna have to try to use the dishwasher in the near future!!

LonesomeTriZ
05-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I think mine and I have a similar understanding.

volfan537240
05-18-2010, 03:25 PM
i think this is a perfect excuse to build a huge shop to put your parts washer, big ass stainless steal sink and a really nice powder coating oven in. then tell her to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about that lol.

LonesomeTriZ
05-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Oh that would be so nice. I tld her when we are set, I plan to biuld a shop in the back. Then she had to suggest a small barn or stalls for her horses. I shut that down pretty quick.

thestud25
05-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Try rebuilding the topend on a YTM 200 in the living room. It went alright until she busted it on an oil slick on the wood floor. No more rebuilding bikes in the living room.

LonesomeTriZ
05-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Just tell her to be more careful.

Xpress
05-18-2010, 11:39 PM
What's the problem with washing parts in the dishwasher? Or baking paint in the oven?

Yeesh, I seriously don't get women sometimes...:crazy:

LonesomeTriZ
05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I know, right...

You would think she would be pleased with the fact I was getting stuff repaired.

oldskool83
05-19-2010, 12:16 PM
when i was married i got yelled at for not working on stuff, then got yelled at for working on stuff, then got yelled at because i was not working fast nuff to get thet stuff done. then i got yelled at because i was not spending time with her when i was working on the stuff.

i had had nuff of that stuff and she took all her stuff and i divorced her...life been way better!

im lucky with my g/f cuz i can do what ever i want, buy as much stuff as i want because she tells me to...and if i wanna build a bike in the kitchen table, well i can, cuz its my table...hell the house its all mine too!

LonesomeTriZ
05-19-2010, 05:03 PM
That sounds like the type of woman that is happier when she is not happy.

ilmoakw
05-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Most of em are like that. :(

LonesomeTriZ
05-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah, good point.

250x
05-19-2010, 09:18 PM
I find woman's logic very unique sometime. I do have a good woman, but boy oh boy does she love to argue. She griped at me to get my son's go kart fixed, and seeing as I work from home, I tend to our young daughter during the day while doing web design. After she gets home from work, it leaves very little time to work on things before the sun goes down. So I had a brainstorm and decided how to make the best of both worlds, I brought the go kart into the living room. I was careful not to scratch the moldings or leave mud on the carpet, so I put the wheels on dark towels. Now this is 2 years ago, and she fails to forget but can't fail to remind me about this. We almost ended up in divorce over me parking my Harley in the living room behind the sofa during the winter months so I could still use my garage. what she doesn't know is that I have used the dishwasre for parts cleaning, the table for engine rebuilding, and the living room for small engine repairs. FYI while sitting on the sofa at a 90* angle, the coffee table makes one incredible engine stand while being able to enjoy your TV, and close to the fridge.

LonesomeTriZ
05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
You have inspired me. Teach me more oh great one.

brapp
05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
i miss my ex sometimes lol try rebuilding a banshee in the kitchenhttp://http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/12/11/bikepics-481646-800.jpg

84honda200s
05-20-2010, 01:42 AM
lol i caught hell for rebuilding the trike in the bedroom .. when i say the trike i mean the whole trike was in the bedroom.. when she told me it had to go i said " why ? all we need is the bed anyway" i then slept on the couch ... with the trike rite next to me !! im not even gunna explain where i rebuilt my old snowmobile .. hint dinning room + 100 year old hard wood table = one mad woman !!

300rman
05-20-2010, 02:05 AM
I think my woman would be a bit more understanding of that. But this parts cleaning thing has gotten her annoyed.

I guess she shouldnt object to you buying a parts washer, and installing a large sink in the garage!

Well, Mothers day is for KIDS to appreciate their mother, NOT for husbands to do trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for the wifes.

Man there is nothing wrong with mixing solvents and food. It puts hair on your chest.

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!

u arnt suppose to use a 12 gauge to unstop the toilet? sheeh things I learn here

Nope. your supposed to use M-80's

That sounds like the type of woman that is happier when she is not happy.

these are the ones to NOT marry....unfortunately, a close relative of mine is on a railroad to just that. i pity the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro.

LonesomeTriZ
05-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Some times I think I married one of those. It is not cool at all how they can hide that until after the wedding.

oldskool83
05-20-2010, 10:11 AM
DING DING DING....happened to me

LonesomeTriZ
05-20-2010, 10:16 AM
We should be able to sue for breach of contract.

volfan537240
05-20-2010, 11:54 AM
my wife was cool as hell.......... until we got married!

oldskool83
05-20-2010, 02:44 PM
You cant, they will just tell you to go sit in the tub and rotate on your thumb

LonesomeTriZ
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
my wife was cool as hell.......... until we got married!

Yours too? I thought I hit the lottery with mine. Then we got married and ruined our relationship.

volfan537240
05-20-2010, 04:31 PM
yeah. it seems like right after the honey moon was over she flipped the switch from cool b i t c h to just b i t c h lol.

LonesomeTriZ
05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I am telling you, that is fals advertising. Or maybe it is bait and switch...

ilmoakw
05-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Some times I think I married one of those. It is not cool at all how they can hide that until after the wedding.

They act all sweet and innocent and cool till that ring is on their finger...its ALL down hill from there....

LonesomeTriZ
05-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Oh that is soooooo true.

Thorpe
05-20-2010, 11:49 PM
My wife and I have a pretty mutual understanding... The house is hers, the garage is mine... Stay out of my tools. It works.

Jerm1179
05-21-2010, 12:07 AM
note to self......dont get married

LonesomeTriZ
05-21-2010, 08:14 AM
I cannot stand finding my wife using one of my tools as somehting it is not intened for. Like a screw driver handle has a hammer.

83ATC185
05-21-2010, 09:20 AM
kinda like the dishwasher for parts cleaning...

Jerm1179
05-21-2010, 12:35 PM
kinda like the dishwasher for parts cleaning...
haha..classic

LonesomeTriZ
05-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Totally different...

300rman
05-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Totally different...

agreed. the dishwasher IS a parts washer, just with a different label....

LonesomeTriZ
05-22-2010, 08:04 AM
There you go. I was hoping I would not be asked to justify my comment. But I think you clearded it up nicely.

83ATC185
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
i think you're right now. Jet Dry leaves an excellent shine on old plastic.

LonesomeTriZ
05-28-2010, 09:18 PM
So did my wife's hair dryer before I got my own heat gun.

300rman
05-28-2010, 10:06 PM
So did my wife's hair dryer before I got my own heat gun.

eh, the Heat Guns are cheaper than a hair dryer! and they get hotter too......hmm.....next time the woman needs a hair dryer........

LonesomeTriZ
05-29-2010, 08:55 AM
I suggested that. But she thought I was trying to fry her brain.