PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa Hills Cops shoots unarmed biker in back (toledo oh)

TDS
05-11-2010, 07:30 PM
happened almost a year ago here. cop is on trial now this week. poor kid is now paralyzed.
whats worse is the cop wouldnt help get the bike off the guy, the exhaust burnt his leg severely. rumor has it it almost need to be amputated.
http://www.toledoblade.com/article/20100511/NEWS02/5110365/0/COLUMNIST42

RAW VIDEO http://control.newsinc.com/Playlist/show?vcid=81822&freewheel=59432&sitesection=toledoblade

Feel free to digg/dug it http://digg.com/world_news/Video_of_Police_officer_shooting_unarmed_cooperati ng_suspect they are tryign to get it to the front page for national exposure

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=200000996#!/group.php?gid=120592327970934

cattle-dog
05-11-2010, 09:12 PM
pure abuse of authority, i will guaruntee that this officer has drove stupidly himself, and they wonder why the public is afraid of officers and people run for no reason, to shoot a person in the back is pure cowardice,his punishment should be to be paralized like his victom, if our punishments equaled the crimes it would be a better place, a eye for a eye. Catlle-Dog

Escanabajosh
05-11-2010, 09:19 PM
i hope that cop gets longer then 11 years, there was no way it looked like he was going for a gun. trigger happy cops.

thestud25
05-11-2010, 09:56 PM
That is messed up!!

Tecate 50
05-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Been in the cops shoes before and I know how it looks on video, but please don't judge this Police Officer! He will most likely lose his job, go to jail, and lose everything he has over his mistake that he may or may not of made! He also has to live with that experience forever. From what I can see from this video the victim was reaching in his pocket for something, but I was not there so I cannot comment! Cops have a tough job, and for the most part do it to the best of their ability! We run across a lot a bad guys wanting to bad things to anyone including the police....some have guns in those pockets and some do not! I guess that Officer can only explain what was going on at that time.....Im sure he didnt set out that day to go and shoot anyone just to abuse his authority! Let the courts decide his fate......

cattle-dog
05-11-2010, 11:06 PM
well i dont pity that officer where i live (western ny) cops are aressted for drug dealing,rape,murder,embezelment,bribery,theft, at the rate of 10-20 a year and do little time because they wear a badge, yeah they lose thier jobs and they way they live, i dont feel sorry for them,
most feel they are above us the general population as we are called by them, they get in trouble then pull thier badge and get let go as a way to not get a ticket or to not get arrested, its thier job not thier rights. Cattle-dog

300rman
05-12-2010, 02:08 AM
I hope they string his ass up by the balls. to be honest, i never heard about this, and i live in toledo. amazing what the media doesnt make a big deal out of......

3 or die
05-15-2010, 12:12 AM
http://www.toledoblade.com/article/20100514/NEWS02/5140348

Guilty! He was a part time officer with little experiance. Time to review the training of part timers. It normaly is lacking.

Escanabajosh
05-15-2010, 10:35 AM
not that long ago a small town a few hours away this kid ( i think 17-18 might been 19 tops) was a public saftey officer and a part time sheriff, well he was dating a girl still in highschool and she broke up with him, kid took his service m-16/ar-15 and shot up her house while having a movie party with friends! killed a bunch of the kids along with getting hit himself......not sure if it was himself or the cops that got him.

what kind of people are they having "protect" us nowadays?

RiJiD-WILL
05-15-2010, 11:23 AM
it is a damnshame, for both sides.

its the system they are just playing us all against each other oldest trick in the book.

personally I think we should just get back to the old west give everyone a single action revolver and let all the cops become reporters that's pretty much all they do nowadays anyway. sorry if I insult any good cops they are out there and I know a few, but its the system that is corrupt and just doing your job doesn't make what some police do moral.
its a damn shame but that officer had the choice to pull that trigger and it only takes .5sec personally unless I see their eyes or the barrel of a gun or both I most likely would not fire and I have had a gun pointed at me.

TDS
06-21-2010, 03:19 PM
10 years wow. i didnt expect that much

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100621/NEWS02/100629970

puggerton03
06-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Not to stick up for the cop because obviously it was un-called for. That video was taken from the camera in the middle of the car. The cop would have been standing just outside his door to the very left of the motorcyclist and couldnt see if he had anything or not. For some reason the kid reached for his waistband. The cop was all hyped up and "jumped the gun". Very sad. By the way, I served 4 years in the Marine Corps Infantry including 2 combat tours to Iraq and Afghanistan so I know a little about rules of engagement/weapons handling.

fabiodriven
06-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Pity? For that cop? No f--ing way. I knew he was a part timer before I even got to that part of the story. Some trigger happy bozo just dying to get off the desk like Farva in Super Troopers. You see it all the time with rookies and part timers. Give somebody a little authority and a lot of the time that's what happens.

As far as that poor guy threatening the officer's life? Total bullocks. The kid was obviously stopped and sitting still like he was supposed to be. That cop deserves what he got and then some. I couldn't imagine trying to chase tail in a fricken wheel chair, and that's just the beginning of that kid's worries. For the rest of his life too. How sad.

300rman
06-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Pity? For that cop? No f--ing way. I knew he was a part timer before I even got to that part of the story. Some trigger happy bozo just dying to get off the desk like Farva in Super Troopers. You see it all the time with rookies and part timers. Give somebody a little authority and a lot of the time that's what happens.

As far as that poor guy threatening the officer's life? Total bullocks. The kid was obviously stopped and sitting still like he was supposed to be. That cop deserves what he got and then some. I couldn't imagine trying to chase tail in a fricken wheel chair, and that's just the beginning of that kid's worries. For the rest of his life too. How sad.

Exactly.....my deepest sympathies go out to that guy. as for the cop......if it was up to me....he'd get no jail time. he'd get a sword shoved into his spine and he would have to live his life out exactly like that kid does.

xomatosis
06-26-2010, 03:40 AM
cops/sheriffs in my town are super dicks, most of the time they are feared rather then respected... sad honestly

leviblue
06-26-2010, 05:23 AM
My father was a officer, a good ol'boy sheriff and hated rookies and part timers. Why you ask cuz their quick to make the wrong desion then claim it's in their power to do so. Now a days it's even worse. most part timers are undertrained and ready to "rock-n-roll" . There's no reason to side with the cop and if you do your a bigger ass than he is. By the way what was he going for you ask??? probley his ID to give to the 26yo officer. I know I keep mine in my pocket when I ride and thats what the cops ask you for as soon as they stop you. Tecate50 if you were an officer you should know this and be ashamed of his actions and his excuse. If this was anyone else they would be in prison for at least 20 years so he got off lucky....now you know why the public doesn't trust the police.
In Philly we had a cop who threw a family party at his home when a fight broke out inside the house. Mind you his family was fighting. Well it ended out on the street where the neighbors tried to break it up and the cop drunk as sht came out pulled his gun and shot a neighborhood kid dead. This wasn't his 1st time fireing his gun in public off duty and had many complaints aginst him but the dept always said "hey the complaints are comming from trouble makers that hate cops". Even with video on other occasions the police just let him do his job and could care less about the publics safety. His job was a part time crowd control officer for conserts and games. It took mths and a new DA and Cheif to finally charge him. He took a life and said he had the right to cuz he feared for his life but who did he fear when it was his own druken family who was fighting to begin with?? No pun intended but his like the other officers excuse is a total cop out.

cattle-dog
06-26-2010, 07:49 AM
levi officers like your father were real cops, i grew up in a small town with a local for sheriff , as you said a good old boy, let me tell you we respected him more than any cop of today, if he caught you out causing trouble he was at my house when i came home having coffee with my father, i didnt need a ticket my dad handled it from there. more than once he had me by the scruff of the neck shaking some sense into me and i knew my father would know before i got home. old school cops did it because they wanted to keep thier towns safe not for the thrills. not much happened back then as there was respect and you knew someone in your town would see you and if they didnt drag you home they called your parents. i would love to have thos days back.

Vealmonkey
06-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't know. The whole deal is ugly here. The 2 "bikers' see the cop is behind and leave the stop sign at a high rate of speed and then the cop lights 'em up. Instead of pulling over right away, the "bikers" continue. Not until the intersection and the appearance of the second car and the second "biker" almost losing control of his bike after hitting the curb, does the "biker" stop or very close to the same time. Now the cop is on pure adrenaline. I can't tell if the cop tell the guy to get his license and registration or to get off the bike or what. The biker makes a move the cop didn't like or the cop misinterpreted...bam... the guy is shot. You can't see what the "biker" is doing on the ground. The cop helps get the bike off of him or helps to get him out from under the bike. The "biker" stands up and walks around the bike. Now that piece of film is very important. The guy still has the ability to walk. So not paralyzed by the gun shot wound!!! Also the guy is not so burnt that he can't function. Now the burn from the exhaust may be bad, the guy may be in shock, but he is still functioning. He isn't laying on the ground not getting up, his leg is not hanging on by a thread, he is up and moving around and attempts to pick the bike up. Not looking too paralyzed to me. Not totally agreeing the cop is justified, but a cop only has a split second to react. I wish I could hear the audio better. The cop has to make sure the scene or incident is secured. This isn't an accident he happened upon where he probably would have jumped up first thing to make sure the bike was off the guys leg. The cop at some point felt threatened and fired. The bikes should have never should have bolted, suspicious behaviour right there. The whole thing starts off in a bad way. And you don't see what led up to the bikes speeding off and the cop throwing the lights on. So you don't know if they were wreckless driving or weaving or anything like that, but it sort of seemed the cop was following them. And then you have the other police car that just happened to be at an interception point ahead of the bikes. I think the first cop radioed another officer about the direction the bikes were headed, so again, it makes me think that the bikes had been followed a bit. If you have nothing to be suspicious about and get pulled over. Keep your hands where the officer can see them. No sudden moves. Keep your attitude under control. Your reactions can fuel the fire to the officers reactions. Happens all the time. Cops are human. Cops make mistakes and their mistakes can take peoples lives. The cop has a gun and generally you don't.

yooperman
06-26-2010, 09:32 AM
way i feel the ones that do crime and hurt people should get the same thing done to them that they are in trouble for. i bet crime would go down them. hey escanaba josh i cant remember exactly how long ago it was though wasnt to long ago though, about that younger cop in crandon WI i believe it was where he went on that rampage killed those kids then himself cause she broke up with him? might be the same one your talking about to