PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the 2010 Green Camaro color???

yj350
05-12-2010, 12:58 AM
I have seen one of these in person and wow I love the color. Here is my dilema I just finished up my jeep a few months ago. It is an 89 yj that had an engine fire. I got a really good deal on it so I swapped in a new 350 crate motor and an automatic, Lift tires and some other drive train mods. I have to replace 1 fender due to it being warped from the fire and it has a few rust bubbles forming. I originally was giong to just paint it the factory color (only what is needed) but since my cousin has a body shop and I can get it done for cost I was thinking I would maybe go all out and do it in the synergy green. What do you guys think ?? I attached a sample of the green camaro and one of the the color of my jeep.

SWIGIN
05-12-2010, 03:19 AM
I can't say I like 1 thing about the new crapmaros. Not a huge fan of green ether.

jonathandexter
05-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I just saw one today. Love the look, love the color. Yes I definately think that color would look awesome on your jeep!
Jonathan

300rman
05-12-2010, 03:46 AM
prepare to choke on "cost". to do a complete, with jambs and everything, i bet you have 4 grand easy in materials, especially since it is a brand new color.

Maico
05-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Color=kool.

Camaro?? Fugly beyond belief

Jerm1179
05-12-2010, 04:37 AM
i almost went a green close to that on my 94 yj...went with a 91 chrysler light blue instead....jeep had a green a few years back like 06 tj's or something that was close to the camaro color...nice choice!

yj350
05-12-2010, 08:01 AM
prepare to choke on "cost". to do a complete, with jambs and everything, i bet you have 4 grand easy in materials, especially since it is a brand new color.
The base coat is $350 for a gallon of it I had already looked it up as I figured it would be real expensive. I also figured about another $400 for clear and primer and the rest of the supplies and labor are at no cost.

Mr_RPM
05-12-2010, 08:09 AM
camarrow=garbage
the green is cool, just not on camarrows

Tecate 50
05-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Since this is a COLOR question......I think its a hot color, and think it would look great on your jeep! I guess I will get a little off track here and say that the new Camaro when it was first released I didnt care for! But like any new car it can grow on you! I say go for it......material prices are to bad!

dickieg89
05-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I like both, but I'm colorblind.

300rman
05-12-2010, 01:13 PM
The base coat is $350 for a gallon of it I had already looked it up as I figured it would be real expensive. I also figured about another $400 for clear and primer and the rest of the supplies and labor are at no cost.

wow. usually nice colors like that are 125+ a PINT........and a good clear WILL run you 300+ a gallon.

if you are priming, i would look ito RUST DEFENDER. goes on very heavy, good for blocking out and making a flat surface. basically fills in any tiny "ripples" in the metal or underlying repairs.

muddog
05-12-2010, 05:41 PM
that green looks awesome

tecat-z
05-12-2010, 06:06 PM
I like the performance of the new V8 camaros alot. The look is taking a bit of time..... but becoming more acceptible as time passes. Your choice of color is one of personal preferance 1st! Imo, a smallblock powered Jeep on big tires looks great no matter what color it's wearing. Go for it!

Jerm1179
05-12-2010, 06:09 PM
POR-15 the inside of the tub and the underside and frame....i love my jeep but they are rust buckets!....i picked up an epoxy truck bed coating that i sprayed the inside of the tub over the POR15...it was a kit. ya got a spray gun 2 part epoxy, and its tintable with regular paint( i did mine grey)....post pics when its done!

Mosh
05-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Ever since I saw that color on OCC a few years back, that bike the kid built..
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20%20A/OCC%20Cody%20Project%20II.jpg
I love that color, and I love that bike.
If I am correct it is called "Pagan Green"
I wish we could get plastic made in that color.

yj350
05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
wow. usually nice colors like that are 125+ a PINT........and a good clear WILL run you 300+ a gallon.

if you are priming, i would look ito RUST DEFENDER. goes on very heavy, good for blocking out and making a flat surface. basically fills in any tiny "ripples" in the metal or underlying repairs.
I thought it was a great price. We are doing my cousins LT-1 powered S-10 a pearl orange and that was a few grand for top shelf primer, base and clear but for the jeep I am not going to spend that kind of coin as I run it hard in the woods with runins with trees and rocks.

yj350
05-12-2010, 10:21 PM
POR-15 the inside of the tub and the underside and frame....i love my jeep but they are rust buckets!....i picked up an epoxy truck bed coating that i sprayed the inside of the tub over the POR15...it was a kit. ya got a spray gun 2 part epoxy, and its tintable with regular paint( i did mine grey)....post pics when its done!

I had already done the POR-15 when the tub was off for the drive train swap and sprayed the inside of the tub with Line-X. I will throw up some pics of before and after when it is done for you.

300rman
05-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Be careful using POR-15. it does not stick to clean metal at all. metal needs to be rusty (obviously not loose rust). knocking the scale off a frame and coating the frame is perfect. it will straight peel off clean metal like a decal peels off a backing. been there, done that, on a few different projects. painted on rusty frames and stuff, it is as tough as powdercoat.

and it does NOT stick to other paint no matter how rough you make it with sandpaper.

the crap takes weeks to get off your hands though.

Xpress
05-14-2010, 02:19 AM
The newer camaros certainly are up to modern times..

BUT, it's not a camaro if it has a crappy modern computer system, and lacks a blower.