PDA

View Full Version : Hello 3ww, New Member

EatBacon
05-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Hello all,

I am a new member I have lurked the site for a long time off and on and decided to register. I grew up on three wheelers and have loved them ever since. I took my 85 200X out of storage and I am looking for a 85/86 250R to rebuild. Being in the Army makes it hard to do this sometimes but I'm tired of saying "I'll do it one day". Loacated at Fort Leonard Wood, MO right now.

I just wanted to introduce myself and hey to everyone.

thanks

atctim
05-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the site - and by the way - nice name - Who doesn't love bacon?!?!?!?!

MonroeMike
05-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Welcome aboard.

EatBacon
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the welcomes. I found a 250R remotely in my area so I'm going to check it out tomorrow, will see what happens. I f I do bring this home I'm sure I'm going to need the help of the members to fix it up.

Thanks

JayBone
05-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey Good idea Eatbacon,

I'm also a new memember as of yesterday.

This is a great site many of you have helped me out a few times the last few weeks.

My new projects are 2 200x's with many parts. I scored these last month for the low low price of $450 for everything!!!
Yes it was a great day for me.

What I have owned over the past 20 years: (anything worth mentioning)

83 110 sold
84 KDX sold
84 200x sold
69 Chevelle @ 17 sold
2 Mojava's beaters sold
2 FL350 odyessy's sold
TTR 90 sold
86 Quadzilla sold

Currently own:
03 grizzly 660
84 200x
85 200x

Mr. Noodz
05-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Welcome Eatbacon:
Yea, it is hard to do some things in the military! But look at the cool places you could potentialy ride your trike! If you get sent to Iraq or Afganaistan, just think of the cool dunes and how fast you could do a patrol! Run over a few Taliban in the process! (:-O)
Coast Guard guy myself. Oh, and thank you for your service! God Bless!
Chris:beer

Mr. Noodz
05-13-2010, 07:48 PM
How long have you been in the Army!

dirtbiken
05-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Welcome to 3ww, we are glad that you joined us. we are still growing.

EatBacon
05-17-2010, 11:40 AM
How long have you been in the Army!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, Mr. Noosz, as for your question: 16 long years, not much more to go.

One another subject I picked up the 86 250R. It's in pretty good condition, needs work but that will make it even more special when I complete it. I plan to overhaul it next year, I'm not doing a restore on it I plan to put some modern parts on and get it the way I like it. I think I need front forks, might like to put some inverted ones one but don't know where to start. When I say next year I state that because I found out I'm on my way to Korea for a year or so. Just when I get something I have been wanting since childhood The Army sends me away. I'm trying to get some info and see if I can take it with me. If they have those rental storage garage type things I could keep it in there and work on it throughout the year. I plan to do a frame up refreshment on her. I know someone who has some 86 TRX 250R parts, swingarm and such. I wonder if they would work, I know the engine parts will but the other stuff I'm clueless.