PDA

View Full Version : New guy from WNY

250x
05-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I am an avid atv addict. though it rarely is on all fours, most of the time 2, and alot of time, none. I am eagerly awaiting my project 250sx to become available (Cattle, I would really like the white n blue one lol) I have a roller waiting for me to pick up. I have a few other very large project underway right now that are far more important, like my own house and a nice flat piece of prperty wher there is going to end up a flat track. My quad, currently, is a '91 250x with the 390cc big bore kit, custom cam and crank, (courtesy of D.J. Custom Performace Inc.) ported and polished head, DG Race pipe, AND..AND...it marks a driveway just like an old shovelhead (Courtesy of Steve Custom Screw-up, I mean Cycle, in Lockport, NY) they left out 2 head bolts, stripped 4 of 10 valve cover bolts, forgot to put 3 in and 3 were good, 3 for 10 isn't bad. The engine is getting ripped apart, tonight actually, for a complete new gasket kit and retapping those stripped bolts so I can take them all from 6mm to 7mm. Fullbore plastics waiting to go on,ITP Beadlocks waiting to go on,LSR Axles/Carrier/A-Arms/Steering Stem/and bar mount waiting also, but Greg at GKingPolishing is going to have his hands full with engine parts, frame parts, and suspension parts for this. I still need to find a local powdercoater in/around/near buffalo NY. I seen there was a guy who was doing this privately, I would love to touch base with him and let him take care of this for me.
I also have a website and forum put together to bring the local WNY riders together 250x.webs.com

addicted to noise pollution, and the smells of anxiety from those I embarass.

MonroeMike
05-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Welcome aboard.

Bryan Raffa
05-12-2010, 11:18 PM
:welcome: to the site fellow NY'r touch base with (Honda250sx) here on the boards his name is jeff and is in buffalo.. he may be able to help you on the powder;)

honda250sx
05-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Funny you mention Steve. I know him well.

250x
05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
well I do hate to discredit folks, and they are now willing to work with me if I should need something, but im not happy with the way the machine turned out. The guys them selves are great bunch of guys. Just not happy with the engine. Last night we tore the engine apart (a honda tech and myself) and found the valve adjust screw and nut backed off and were laying inside the cover, the screw lodged under the cam lobe and cracked the head when the lobe hit it. It is repaired now, and I did call them to let them know what the diagnosis was, so we are now all on the same page.

You do powder coating (Honda250sx) ? I have some things I need to get done.

And here is the engine pictures, and repairs thread on my forum.
Forum Thread: http://250x.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=steves01&action=display&thread=11

pics from tear down last night:
http://250x.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=downloadattachment&board=steves01&thread=11&post=205&key=TCjcARykUcXWR89iUeNx
http://250x.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=downloadattachment&board=steves01&thread=11&post=209&key=TrS5xSOeRY7sclO6mBe4

250x
05-13-2010, 11:53 AM
and thanks for the welcome folks.

trikes4life
05-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Nice, a local. Welcome to the boards.

250x
05-13-2010, 12:26 PM
thank you.

trikes4life
05-13-2010, 12:40 PM
not to be weird, but whats your name. i used to ride and party with a few Attica people in the past.

250x
05-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Wayne, I am recent back to NY from Illinois (Last February), but I grew up and went to school here. Where you from?

trikes4life
05-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Le Roy my whole life. My name is Jeremiah. Wayne, doesn't ring any bells. Sound like you have a few years on me, i used to hang out with Nick Donnelly and Cody Compton from Attica back in the day.

250x
05-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I know Dave Compton, and Nick's Cousin Mike and Jim (Jim is passed now) I am only 30..but know quite a few from the early 90's