PDA

View Full Version : **** 2010 Trikefest Raffle Trike Build Thread **** Dial Uppers Beware Large JPEG"S

sandpuppi101
05-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Well Folk's ~ the cat's outta the bag ~ & with just over a month to go until TF 2010 I am happy to say that the Raffle Trike is getting ready for final assembly.And this year I'm happy to announce that somebody is gonna be going home with a '85 Honda ATC 350X Custom built by Muddogs Restorations from the ground up.And let me tell you all that nothing and I mean nothing has been spared in this build.I dug up some of the best part's and had many part's and services donated from our own 3WW board member's for this build.Why shop around when some of the best trike part's can be found on this site.And let me tell you all that the item's and product's that member's have donated are gonna be found all over this machine .Before I go on I would like too personaly say Thanks to everyone who donated anything to this build I commend you all for what you have done. Let's get the download on how this all started shall we:

This build actualy all started last year when myself and a few other's on the Trikefest Committee had the discussion on what we were gonna have for a raffle trike for 2010.With going with what the member's wanted it was decided that a Honda 350X would be a good candidate as a machine.I mean we really had to try and out do the beautiful Blue ATC 110 that went to it's new home in Missouri with Corey Sprock in '09.So when it was decided that a 350X would be a good candidate we had to then find a machine and someone to build it,so when I was asked if I would be interested in building the machine I had no hesitation in saying yes.

It actually was'nt that much longer that I recieved a phone call from an anyomous member whom told me that they had purchased a donor machine and all I had too do was go and pick it up.I made arrangement's with the owner and picked up the 350X a few day's later in Owosso ,Mi which is only a hop skip and a jump away from my shop.Gotta love Craigslist I alway's say and ya gotta love some of the charachter's that I get too meet along the way,lol.I had the machine in my posession now and as the pic's show's the old girl was just a little tired ,but that's the way I love getting 'em.The pic of the machine in the yard is when it first got unloaded off the truck and how it was ridden.I remember on the way home from picking up the machine thinking of how I could make this a special machine,ya know something other than just another 350X build.After getting a good look at it up in the air it hit me that I should build this machine with product's and vendor's from people in the trike community,so I started making some phone call's sending out PM's and asking for people from the site to donate what they could.I was'nt alone in that either I had people from all over helping with contacting other's and locating rare OEM and custom part's.The frame was in horrble shape so that needed to be replaced as well as many other key component's but at least I had something solid to work with,it just amazes me sometime's as to how people just keep riding and riding there machine's with the lack of maintence and basic upkeep.Basically before long I had a stockpile of item's to go on the machine ,part's were ordered up and other part's were sent out to be customized ,painted and powder coated.

So that's kinda where it's at as of right now,I'm still waiting on a few key item's but most everything is here ready for assembly as some pic's will show.I have part's laying all over my office that are just waiting for assembly for this and other build's that will be done in the next few week's cutting it close to Trikefest as usual just like most of you probably,but with late night's day's before I'll get it all done .All I know is that whom ever is the Lucky person to win this machine is gonna have a very special machine ~ a deffinate one of a kind and I gotta say that I'm glad that Muddogs Restorations has been able too be a part of it.This machine is gonna be loaded with the best of the best from Orginal OEM part's ,Rare Hondaline item's,Custom built part's galore and lot's more all from the ground up.

For the most part all the dirty work as far as disassembly is all done for the most part and now come's the fun part of actually assembling the machine which has already begun and progress pic's will be posted as I get to them.The motor still need's to be assembled but I'm waiting on a few item's for that yet.Some of the donor's wish not to have there name's mentioned so I'm not gonna post up name's of where the part's came from unless I'm told I can do so for the obvious reason's that they probably don't want there e-mail's and PM boxes loaded up with question's and having everybody sore with me.But I will be more than happy to list name's and there design's and product's if they want me too,that's not my call or better yet if you see an item from yourself, you the donor can specify detail's.I will also have a Donation list with the trike at TF in Laurel. That's what make's this year's Honda ATC 350X Raffle Trike a special machine,the fact that this machine has a part of all of us on it.Basically I'm just the lucky person who get's to assemble this machine and put everybody's product's together,so make sure you frequent this thread as I will post update's on the assembly as they happen, as for now I am posting pic's of the tear down and part's that are ready for assembly.

Feel free to let me know what ya think or if ya have questions and or comment's.Ticket's are on sale now and can also be purchased at TF 2010,I will be selling Ticket's locally here in Michigan as other committee member's will be selling ticket's also.I'm sure that Mr. Swinehart will jump in here with more detail's on how to purchase ticket's.Good Luck and cross your finger's that you win this year's machine.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00107.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger586.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger593.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger592.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger509.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger612.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger476.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/IMG_0080.jpg

sandpuppi101
05-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Coming along with the build as the Newly restored frame get's blasted and get's it's new color ,along with some of the part's that are gonna be on the machine.A mixture of 250R and Tecate part's on the table's as well as many 350X item's.New bearing's ~ Fork Boot's ~ Brake Pad's ~ Clutche's are just a few of the part's ready for assembly.Where does it end,LOL...

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00313-1.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00317.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00322-1.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00319.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger489.jpg

jeswinehart
05-19-2010, 03:35 PM
My goodness, I can tell already this is going to be a NICE build Roger !!!
Perhaps some info about the tickets. There are only 1000 tickets avaialbe for this raffle.
Need NOT be present to win.
If you are not going to be in attendence there is a cash option.
There is a high chance we can arrainge to get it close to your home state but no gurentee.
So far to date that I know of there about 200 tickets sold.
Some of the other board members selling tickets in advance are Bryan Raffa, Ditchmud, and of course Sandpuppy but unsure if they are taking paypal payments.
If you go thru the sites donation thread, and you are more then welcome to do so, DO NOT, and I will repeat this again DO NOT use the word(s) raffle, chance drawing, gamble or anything of the sorts.
Reason being ~ the sites banking folk DO not like it, simple as that.
Simply say you want to donate to 3ww and the 350X project.
be sure to leave complete address and a GOOD contact phone number so one of the moderators can relay the info to me and I in turn mail out your portion of the ticket stub to you.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Can't wait to see some more pics this is going to be sick. Is there a website for trikefest where I can get some information on it?

johnny's X
05-19-2010, 04:28 PM
you are on the website for all the info you need on TF. Wow its going to be a nice X Roger. Count me in on a bunch of tickets

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
05-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Well what I ment was was there a trikefest website?

code200k
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM
if i knew there was a cerain way to get it home i would buy a ticket or two

jeswinehart
05-19-2010, 06:11 PM
if i knew there was a cerain way to get it home i would buy a ticket or two

There often is more members from New York State then any other state. I am sure I can bribe one of them to at least get it inside New York State for you.

If nothing else, should you have the winning ticket, we will call you and see what ya want to do.

Heck, its for the betterment of this free site we all enjoy so much.

tapper190
05-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Looks great Roger! I will buy a ticket from you in person at trikefest this year! Can't wait!
Tapper

code200k
05-19-2010, 08:44 PM
There often is more members from New York State then any other state. I am sure I can bribe one of them to at least get it inside New York State for you.

If nothing else, should you have the winning ticket, we will call you and see what ya want to do.

Heck, its for the betterment of this free site we all enjoy so much.

good point.ill pm you soon ill take 2 lol

jeswinehart
05-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Can't wait to see some more pics this is going to be sick. Is there a website for trikefest where I can get some information on it?

Yes, lots of TF related material in here ~ http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdisplay.php?20-Trikefest-Specific-Discussion

it is in the rides, race, events, location forum

AutoXer
05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
where is that donation thread again ......

Xpress
05-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Already it's looking to be a sick bike :TrikesOwn

jeswinehart
05-20-2010, 04:24 PM
where is that donation thread again ......

right here autoX, Donations@3wheelerworld.com
Again, cafeful with your wording please or I am sure your donation will come right back to you less some paypal fee's and plus the sites account will be jack'd up as well more then likely.

AutoXer
05-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Thank you to everyone who makes this possible

sandpuppi101
05-22-2010, 09:52 AM
OK Gang, Got something that maybe you all can help me out with and I'm looking for positive feedback here if your all into it.I know alot of you guy's have this big obsession with your beloved Trailpro tire's,:)~But I'm thinking of a good tire for the girl.On the front I have a new 23X7.5X11 Trail Wolf that's gonna be put on but on the rear I'm still kicking the can on what too get.I'm looking at something like a 20X10X9 for a general size and they will obviously be mounted on polished wheel's.I've had a few set's of the Kenda Klaw's for a multi purpose tire that I've liked before such as like on this custom 200X I built a couple year's ago,actually I am thinking of the same tire wheel combo for the 350X that is on the trike in the pic's below.Let's hear some thought's please,But no Trail-pro's guy's :lol: ...

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/100_6748_0001.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/100_6766.jpg

zmpolaristech
05-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Maybe its just me, but i can't stand the 4X4 looking front tires on the trikes... gotta find something sportier. Like a 22x7-11 Dunlop kt151. Parts unlimited has em. Looks like a decent front trike tire.

sandpuppi101
05-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Ditchmud ,do you like those tire's then ? That's a good site to checkout too.

ditchmud
05-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Ditchmud ,do you like those tire's then ? That's a good site to checkout too.
I didn't look closely at your post and I posted a front tire. I removed that post and here is what I like for the rear, and it's made in the good ol' USA It's the Carlisle Badlands

krazykane
05-24-2010, 10:19 PM
i dont care what tires are on if i win it .

sandpuppi101
05-24-2010, 11:10 PM
i dont care what tires are on if i win it .

That's a good point, Trail pro's it is then :lol:

AutoXer
05-25-2010, 08:59 AM
+1 on that ..... if i were to choose i would pick holeshot hd's unless i could locate a set of the old fastreckers 20" in either tire

ditchmud
05-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Bump Bump Bump. This thread really needs to be a sticky just for the next month!

Itrike
05-26-2010, 08:56 PM
My favorite combo on the 350 was a front max , and 20" fast trekkers. I've had a couple with this combo , works good and looks nice I thought. IMO the front max looks and works better than the trail wolf. I do like the way the kenda klaws look , but have never used them. just my 2 cents

krazykane
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
hey i emailed on the donation i want to get some tickets and nobdoy has sent me anything back .can someone help me thanks

ditchmud
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Krazykane I can sell you tickets I will send you a pm

hublake
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Roger,

I plan on winning the 350x and as far as tires are concerned as long as they are round, black and hold air I don't care what they are!!!!

hang&rattle
05-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Tires will have to be somewhat good all-around, snow, mud, I don't mind, but could you put that bore kit on it while it's out thatta' way, be easier before it's shipped here to me in Montana, Thanx sandpuppi. (Only thing I've ever won was a german chocolate cake in the 6th grade, I am so over-due).

krazykane
05-28-2010, 07:59 PM
hangnrattle i hear ya on that one i never win .but i wouldnt mind winning this one i want and need a x for my toys and this would just save me all around .fingers are crossed

tapper190
05-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Roger,

I plan on winning the 350x and as far as tires are concerned as long as they are round, black and hold air I don't care what they are!!!!

I don't think your doctor would recommend you owning this one Lloyd, :lol: and you thought your sx was snappy, wait until you crack the throttle of that babie :naughty:
Tapper

hang&rattle
05-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Yeah, but krazykane, my kids both have 2 trikes and my 200x is a community trike. My son jumped it so hard this weekend he ripped the tailpipe off. I need a trike that's mine, mine, mine, allllllll mine.

ditchmud
05-31-2010, 07:20 AM
bump bump bump

sandpuppi101
06-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Got some more goodies added to the pile of part's that are gonna be going on this machine,compliment's of a few great Ohio buddie's.I just picked up some more thread lock for the assembly process also.So I wonder where the trike is gonna end up at,so far I've heard from Montana,Michigan and Ohio and I'm sure I'll hear more.All I know is that it's going somewhere,LOL.

krazykane
06-01-2010, 07:47 PM
hang good luck to you man i hope one of us win lol.

cattle-dog
06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
sorry guys but that trie is coming to newfane ny, theres a spot cleared out with a 350x parking sign !!!!!!

krazykane
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
you should lose cause you cant spell TRIKE just kidding man good luck .only thing for me is if i win i have to find a way to get it home i wont be there at tf

krazykane
06-01-2010, 08:15 PM
sandpuppi101 you should post some pics of what you got going on with it

cattle-dog
06-01-2010, 08:42 PM
the k on the key board is sticky

hang&rattle
06-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Good luck to you too. Even though I've picked up a Tecate since then I am selfish, I still am proceding with shipping arangements!

sandpuppi101
06-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Got a few of the part's to show off that are going on the girl.First off I got these awesome custom cap's that go on top of the shock's.The cap's screw rite on to the shock's for a little added Bling Bling plus there 100% functional and look better than just regular cap's.Also check out the custom backbar that's going on and it has the 6 pack rack that bolt's onto the custom backbar,in a dryfit it slid rite on and added yet more Bling ,Bling.In the same pic check out the rear axle,yeah it's just the stock unit ~ Nothin' really special about it other than it's had the Cadium Gold Zinc added !! Sorry for the distorted pic's ,with the flash and all the Bling and shiny stuff the pic's just came out that way.Gonna need shade's to look at it outside :cool:

OK let's get to something else on the trike.On the dry fit assembly of the swinger everything is fitting like a glove ,instead of using the regular swingarm bearing set-up like all ball's or oem needle bearing's ,on this build I'm using the poly krylon rear bushing's that a board member make's.I know myself these are proven as I have used these on many of my other Custom build's such as the MDR 600X that I built 2 year's ago.I've tested the bushing's out in many application's and these thing's work good.So it just seem's fashionable that I use them on this trike.

Note: Is everybody kinda noticing that this trike has a few little extra's on it already and I'm just on the 1st part of assenbly so far.LOL

OK " , Let's take a gander at the swinger~Now on that I went with what I thought was an exclusive color combo,ya know a little something outta the norm than just another build.Being that it's an '85 swinger and it has a few more piece's as far as the brake component's and such I wanted to use a combo of chrome ,Golden Cad Zinc,Grey Zinc,Black and more to accentuate the Powdercoated Silvervein Swinger that's going on.I saw the Silvervein on another build that somebody else is building in Ohio, and it looked killer with the Red frame combo.. I really don't think im gonna be all that dissappointed on this build either.

This rear shock is a comfy one I gotta admit,no playing quarter bounce on the custom seat that going on it.OMG,more Custom Stuff ( Go Figure Ahe' )...It does'nt look like I've even touched the pile of part's and accessories that are going on Betsy yet.I don't have my camera at the moment but wait till I show what's going on the handlebar's for an add on.More Bling yet functional,Any Guesses ??

Give me a day or so and I'll have some more updated pic's .Remember get ahold of John Swinehart for those ticket's or go to the 1st page of this thread for detail's on ticket's.You all liking what I got going on so far,I ain't hearing much flack :lol:

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00710.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00705.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00703.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00714.jpg

RodKnockRacing
06-04-2010, 10:59 AM
lookin pretty sweet

dcreel
06-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Looks great! Can't wait to see it together.

aldochina
06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
is that a NOS axle, or just freshly anodized? someone will get a great 350 for sure, maybe me!!

sandpuppi101
06-05-2010, 09:22 AM
is that a NOS axle, or just freshly anodized? someone will get a great 350 for sure, maybe me!!

Well it's an OEM axle that I had redone with Cadium Zinc,which turned out looking just like I pulled it off the shelf.Thanks for the compliment's guy's but it's deffinatly all worth the extra effort when it's all said and done.Beside's this machine has soo much extra stuff going on it i'd hate for the smallest detail too get overlooked,all I know is it's gonna have a new home in a few more week's.

TrailerRider
06-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Any new updates?

aldochina
06-08-2010, 10:14 PM
what is the going rate for the cadium zinc coating. It looks awsome!!

ClayW
06-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Lookin good!

sandpuppi101
06-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Hey Gang,Oh yeah I got update's but the wife was outta town and she took the camera.Since I was working on the trike in my office in my house ,today I am taking it out into the shop so I can start putting on the axle and that assembly.I should have more picture's up and loaded by Friday or Saturday I'm guessing.I now have my attention focused on the motor ,which is going smooth I mite add.I'm really excited about getting it out on the surgery table to finally see it as a complete roller.Ya know the funny thing about doing a build like this is that if I were just to slap it together I'd prolly only have maybe 3 hour's worth of assembly to do ,but when your working on this type of a build the 3 hour's end up being 3 day's,but that's the funnest part of all ,IMO.

Heck after this I have a Tecate and another secret build that have to be assembled,yeah I even had time in my teadious schedule to get yet another custom build thrown in there somehow,I have to try and defend my TrikeFest " Best Custom Trike Builder's Award" at this year's event.The preassure's on but I ain't afraid,lol.Keep your eye's peeled on this thread people ,in the next week I think your all gonna be amazed with what get's posted up.

jeswinehart
06-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I will be accepting payments up to the 18th of June for the TrikeFest 2010 350X Raffle Trike.
Anything after that date I will NOT guarantee that you sending in money will get you a chance to win the 350X.
If you do decide to support 3WheelerWorld and send in your donation after the 18th. of June, you have my word that every and ALL attempt will be made by me and the Trike Fest planning committee members to get your ticket stub in the ticker tumbler for the drawing at the awards banquet on Saturday, June 26th.
I am not so good with percentage (%) math but I think I can get this one correct. There are 1000 "donation" tickets printed.
If you decide to support the site with 1 (one) 5 dollar donation, that would make it a 1 in a 1000 chance. 20 dollar donation gets 5 times that ,,,,
The total donation count stands at 350 as of right now. Typically, pre TrikeFest support equals half of the donation's, the other half comes at TrikeFest so that equates to a percentage ratio of DARN good chance !
To the regulars that, year after year, show support for this once a year event and to those who are making a first time donation THANK you !

Best of luck to all. john

big specht
06-11-2010, 08:02 AM
So we can't buy tickets at trikefest for the 350????? or the tickets that are sold at trikefest arn't for the 350????

jeswinehart
06-11-2010, 09:17 AM
There will be tickets available at TF2010 for the 350X.
Advance sales of tickets will end June 18th

john

sandpuppi101
06-13-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow !!!! This machine is starting to really take shape now everybody,It's looking so nice that I'm thinking it's gonna be hard too see it going too a new home,I want it now... Although I'd like too keep it for myself Honestly I'm gonna be happy to see one of you lucky people take it home with you's.For you guy's that have'nt bought your ticket's yet I would deffinatly buy a few,I too was doing some figuring on what's going on the build and I can for sure say that we are in the 2000.00 and over price range on this build already,and that's not including some of the custom goodies and bling that go with it.Keep this thread stamped as a favorite and check it daily until TF cuz the pic's are gonna start rolling till the build is finished.Oh' I picked up the tire's today I think you'll all approve,LOL ~ Probably not .... I'm gonna post a ton of pic's tonite so make sure you don't forget to check in....

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger612.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger476.jpg

Wiat till you see what happened to the motor,To be continued Sunday PM :

aldochina
06-13-2010, 10:54 AM
my donation is on its way to Raffa, hopefully he has that lucky stubb for me. Lol...

Bryan Raffa
06-13-2010, 01:39 PM
my donation is on its way to Raffa, hopefully he has that lucky stubb for me. Lol...

:naughty::naughty::naughty::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Dammit!
06-13-2010, 02:04 PM
I bought my tickets. One of you guys will have to bring it to the imperial invasion for me because IT'S ALL MINE BABY! I GOT THE WINNING TICKET RIGHT HERE! :p

krazykane
06-13-2010, 02:19 PM
i will be keeping my fingers crossed for this i soooo bad want a 350 x .and with other project and trying to get a house money just isnt there right now for it .so this would be awesome to win .and dammit i dont know how you have it when it was sent to me last week .lol

Pafrig
06-13-2010, 02:27 PM
im thinking you should go with some sort of white walled tire.

aldochina
06-13-2010, 11:25 PM
waiting on those pics man. lol!!

sandpuppi101
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
LOL,Pic's are getting posted today guy's.I had my camera batterie's in the charger all day only thing is I left the charger sitting on the bench in the shop all day ,so they were dead.I am mounting tire's today and I'll show ya some more out of the goodie box.Sorry about the delay in pic's but I'll have a bunch to post in a few.

krazykane
06-14-2010, 11:20 AM
well dont want to seem pushie but you said a few .and its been a hour

T3 LOPES
06-14-2010, 12:28 PM
i know whats going on roger? i waiting to see what im going to be taking home with me.

sandpuppi101
06-15-2010, 12:54 AM
well dont want to seem pushie but you said a few .and its been a hour

Oh man Fella's,My Camera won't work.I had it coming on and it would just die ,so I charged the batteries and I had the same issue again with the supposed charged batteries.I went to Meijer and got a charger kit with 4 batteries and had them charging for a few hour's but I still can't get it to come on.The trike is coming along really nice and if all else fail's I guess I'm gonna be buying a camera today.Picture's are priority and someway somehow I'll have some up ASAP.FYI I would'nt buy another Sony Cybershot again .Sorry for the techinical delay here gang just bare with me as I'm sure the suspense is killing all of ya's.

aldochina
06-15-2010, 12:59 AM
that sucks about the cam!! I always love sony stuff!! But you do get a dud everyonce in awhile!! Hopefully ya wont have to buy a new one.

sandpuppi101
06-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Well I'm back up and running as far as the camera goes,check out all the batteries I was desperately going thru last night ,but I ended up getting a new charger and batterie's and this morning I was up and running all day.I took a few but did'nt get as far as I had planned.Ya know what really is bad is when I put part's in certain place's so I know where there at and then when it come's time to where you need those special part's I can't find em'. Is that just me or what?:lol:

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00760.jpg

As far as getting all this stuff done I have'nt really started sweating bullet's yet but I do know that the preassure is soon to be on plus I have another 1 1/2 project's that still have to be wrapped up and loaded by 1 week from tomorrow.Tire's are ready to get mounted up and the wheel's are all polished up,as you can see.The tire's are gonna be New ITP Holeshot's and I went with a set of 18X10.5x9 on Betsy ,so she's gonna look tite.Going on a set of OEM wheel's and off-set with the silvervein powdercoated hub's.

My A.M. is gonna consist of having the tire's all mounted up and ready to go on the machine by 9:00 and starting on front end assembly after that and having it a roller by afternoon.I packed the rear bearing's and installed the swinger bearing's today so that should go relatively quick.All of the tiny rubber piece's are pretty much laid out so that should go fine( as I'm knocking on wood)..As you can see in the pic's a few of the bolt's are getting replaced with polished one's and the motor's almost done getting detailed.That should be in the chasis mounted up and good to go by Thursday morning.
Other than having the stupid issue's with the camera everything is coming together just like clockwork ,oh' and me hiding these part's from myself is getting to be quite frusterating.While cross referencing I found that this new style rear brake cylinder may fit,it's looking like it could be a cake walk with that part of the brake system,which should be Friday when that's completed the pic show's the updated brake cylinder..

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00751.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00743.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00761.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00737.jpg

Tomorrow should be a Big Day on the build and thing's should'nt be so time comsuming and as teadous as it goes from there.Once I get Betsy a roller and have a set of bar's on her I can start adding Bling and accessories which I'm getting really excited about putting on . Camera permitting I'll be posting up pic's every night till she's done so make sure you's all check in on it.Only a week to finish her thing's are looking good...How's she looking for ya's??

Remember if your not attending Trikefest and you still wanna have a chance of taking this build home ya better get your ticket's soon. This is'nt the actual machine pictured below but if you think this 350X is nice wait till ya see your 2010 Trikefest raffle trike !! Until Tommorrow.........

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/100_0312.jpg

aldochina
06-16-2010, 12:42 AM
glad to see the camera was ok. They really eat up the batteries!! I prolly got more into buying lithium batteries than the cost of the camer!! Finally got around to getting a rechargeable set!! I cant wait to see this coming together!! Someone is sure gonna have there year made when this drawing is held.

Preddy05
06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
looking great! Nice work can't wait to see more pics

Mr. Clean
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Looks great, if I win you can bring it with you to the Imperial Invasion next year!!!

Bryan Raffa
06-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks great, if I win you can bring it with you to the Imperial Invasion next year!!!

LOL.......:lol: all coverd in SALT!

sandpuppi101
06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Well this deal of me posting up every night is'nt really working for me timewise so i"ll be posting up pic's in the morning instead.I was out later than intended last night,12:30 am that is,so posting last night was outta the question.But per the schedule I got it up on three tire's so it's officially a trike brought back from the depth's now ,so for us that's a good thing...

I had more issue's of me playing hide the part's on myself again which is starting too get really old,it's like I created a game called (let's mess with Roger or something).And there alway's stashed so I don't sell them which I'm alway's doing .Well anyway's, today is put the motor in day:w00t:.I have my neighbor kid who come's over and help's me out every now and then ,working in the shop later today to help out with some of this work I have to finish up here in the next few day's before I load up.I'm anxiously waiting on the UPS and Fed-X guy's everyday now for goodies that are coming in,thing's are on schedule so far,knock on wood again.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00802.jpg

Here's the bearing's getting all lube'd up and getting ready for assembly,there is'nt gonna be any slop in this Girl :).

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00821.jpg

This is what I hate ,when all of the part's start getting mixed up and piled on one another.here's the rear end pretty much complete other than just a few odd's and end's.On the next pic's you'll see how the rest of the build is going.She's finally starting to take shape.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00796.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00813.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00811.jpg

This last pic's is showing exactly what I have to wake up to today and start with,which is where I'm wanting to be schedule wise.I still ai'nt sweating it but I also understand that it's another day closer to TF.Look for pic's in the morning unless I get way ahead and have a few minute's free to get on the computer.I'm planning on having the motor in plus alot more by day's end.I know one thing for sure,I wish those little gremlin's that Kasey has hanging around his shop would come out here to Michigan and help me out ,I sure could use them for a few day's :lol:

Dammit!
06-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Just make sure you keep it covered up when you bring it to me in March. :lol:

puggerton03
06-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Thats going to be one sweet ride. I just bought some tickets, so Im keeping my fingers crossed. Sandpuppi, Do you get re-imbursed for your time and money you're putting into this thing? How does that work? Great job.

krazykane
06-17-2010, 04:16 PM
i was wondering the same thing but wasnt going to ask but since you did .i will ,so how does that work?lol

krazykane
06-17-2010, 04:17 PM
also do you have a thread for the other builds you are doing at the same time. cause i would like to check them out

thestud25
06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Looking good!!!!

Gag_Halfront
06-17-2010, 05:37 PM
My bike has never looked so good, Roger! Awesome work, as always.

tanks350x
06-17-2010, 05:39 PM
That is coming along very nice, But, you should've had the frame gusseted, and reinforced at the normal cracking points

Dirtcrasher
06-17-2010, 05:44 PM
^ Agreed, but I'm biased :D

Plenty of 85 350X's will never see a crack because they aren't ridden in an abusive way (like we do) :lol:

Looks great PUPPI!!

Someone else had asked (Aldochine?) What is the average cost to blast and zinc coat an axle?? Does it build up the seal and or bearing surface if so desired?? - I'll go away now............

atc350xer
06-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Looks super nice... great work Roger!

Gag_Halfront
06-18-2010, 09:54 AM
i know whats going on roger? i waiting to see what im going to be taking home with me.

The 350x will be on _MY_ trailer, Lopes. Here's a preview of what you'll be taking home with you:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1380/806274385_eb1be017f1.jpg
:D :beer

T3 LOPES
06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Nice! Thanks for offering to bring it back to NW IN for me Dave your such a pal!

TrailerRider
06-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I will probably jinx it now but, no worries on the gussests, I don't ride that hard :)

sandpuppi101
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Thats going to be one sweet ride. I just bought some tickets, so Im keeping my fingers crossed. Sandpuppi, Do you get re-imbursed for your time and money you're putting into this thing? How does that work? Great job.

That's a question that deserve's an answer and I'm gonna lay it down for ya and be done with it just because I honestly don't like Drama and I know how thing's can get twisted on issue's so here's my answer.
I've been a member of 3WW since the late 90's when I did'nt have a computer ,but I did have web-tv and have alway's had a passion for trike's.In '04 I got a decent computer and became a member again since it had been year's since I had orginally joined and forgot my info from the 90's .Anyway's I ended up joining the 3WW Committee a few year's ago to try and help out with lightening the load for other member's of the committee.I never would have thought that just too put on an event such as Trikefest was so much work or that it would cost so much to be honest with ya's but it is and it does.We as a TF committe group decided last year what we would be doing for this year's event's and it was around then that I decided that I would build this year's Raffle Trike,Now let me say this is all collectively with the group ,I was asked if I would be interested and I accepted sound's better.Anywho the orginal trike was donated and I picked it up in Owosso ,Mi and it went on from there.Now let's understand here that this machine has ton's of part's that have been donated also,but I spearheaded the build~so I started asking for donation's from all over these board's from certain member's speciality product's that they themselve's Build,Design,Assemble etc and so on.Now like I stated already putting on TF cost money ,lot's of money and that's where the Raffle trike come's into play.
Now to answer you question more direct,Yes I do recieve a small portion back, but compared to what this would cost one of my customer's to recieve a machine of this caliber it is'nt even close money wise, which I have absolutely no problem with,actually I donate item's for the award's ceremony and my time's also.I alway's have and alway's will donate to 3WW as it has given back too me and still does.That's why I also donate my time on the Drag's and other event's when I can.And MDR Racing aka Muddogs Restorations whom is also me Sandpuppi101 get's to show off some of my talent and or lack of in the process.Basically I'm just a good guy doing a good thing trying to get by.People who know me also know that I tell thing's the way it is and I guess that's the way I see it,and if you don't know me and see me at TF don't be afraid to come up and chat with me,just don't hollar at me,LOL.. OK with that being said and no Drama let's put that to bed and continue with this awesome build ,sound good.

OK somebody stated something about gusseting the frame which I agree the 1st gen. '85 frame's had issue's for sure ,most of the time.I guess my response would be ( yeah I coulda done that and I also coulda put in a Big Bore kit also but the frame appear's solid and honestly where does it end).Basically I coulda done ton's of upgrade's but IMO the frame was in good enough shape.On with the progress :

Yesterday we got the motor in and I started putting on some of the smaller item's such as the rubber grommet's and little tab's and stuff.I did get a few boxes in the mail,1 from Fed-X and the UPS guy stopped in also.It's like Christmas at MDR HQ..The fender's came in also which are gonna be New Maier Front,Rear and tank Shroud's.I wish I coulda got OEM's but ya know how that goes Ya wish in one hand and $**t in the other.Well today consist of getting all the wiring in place ,getting the Brake's all wrapped up and the exhaust system which I'm kinda undecided on.I also need to go thru and double check some of the torque value's and get some of the small stuff all done.I'm gonna let the pic's do the talking for now cuz I gotta get out in the shop but I'll have more pic's posted up in the a.m.

Remember time is limited on the advanced ticket sale's, if your not gonna make it to TF ya better order them up.All I know for sure is that today alot of bling is gonna be going on the ole' girl.Make sure ya check in torrow for updated pic's..To Continue:

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00837.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00828.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00829.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00826.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00824.jpg

tapper190
06-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Great job Roger! I can't wait to see it in person!
Tapper

Brockey
06-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Awesome sandpuppi, if I were only closer I would love to check out your work in person. Someone's gonna win a nice machine.

jeswinehart
06-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I would like to add to what Roger touched on about the parts/services that are donated.
To those that are contacted about doing some of their specialty work or parts that they may have, they automatically get 1 free raffle trike ticket (advice, uhhh no,,,, that don't count ~ sorry:)).
Having the honor of basically being in charge of advance ticket sales, I have knowledge of those folks that have stepped up to the plate to help the site with this once a year fundraiser drive.
Over the years I been involved in this capacity, it never ceases to amaze me at the humbleness of those willing to help. To the point that NOT wanting their name mentioned.
Hmmmm, how about a FREE ticket,,,, lets see who has great memory AND doing their reading.
freaksfix (Matt) donated a awesome new in the bag, PART to the DONATION door prize table that everybody in the house gets at the awards ceremony, just for being there. My ticket was drawn and I choose that part.
I donated it to sandpuppy to use as he seen fit.

The first person to PM me what that part is I gave, that was donated by freaksfix, I will buy you 1 ticket.

P.S.,,, i am not accepting a ticket for donating a part nor will I buy any so NO conflict of interest.

jeswinehart
06-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Ya-all need a hint ??? I have only had 1 PM about to what the part may be and fender(s) was incorrect.
Okay, here is a hint.
Sandpuppy spoke of it directly and has pictured it twice in his updates.

Gag_Halfront
06-20-2010, 08:30 AM
speedometer?

tapper190
06-20-2010, 08:50 AM
My first guess was wrong, so my second guess would be the tires
Tapper

KASEY
06-20-2010, 10:39 AM
will tickets be available at trikefest?

jeswinehart
06-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes Kasey. There will be tickets available right up to about midway thru the awards program then I cut the sales off and let all the ticket stubs tumble until the drawing.
The drawing is done by a small child, typically by Garage Boys young daughter ,,,, I think she just wants the free Tee shirt but seems to enjoy being center of attention :)

Mosh
06-20-2010, 10:54 AM
HA I remember in TF 07, a few cute gals were riding into campsites asking "Any you guys want to get lucky?"....
Many Hell yeah responses, only to find out that the girls were selling raffle tickets..LMAO
But it worked, they sold out in a hour...LOL

krazykane
06-20-2010, 05:36 PM
well thank you for building a sick trike for one lucky winner .i mean i hope its me but i dont win much but i think thats pretty cool .soounds like you are pretty cool guy . also do you post your other builds .thanks again

jeswinehart
06-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Okay folks.
The item I was hoping someone would know (or outright guess) is the 6 pack rack.
That is what Freaksfix had donated to the donations table last year and when my door prize ticket number got called I choose that part. I had no clue as to what i was going to do with it but I am attracted to nice shiny new in the bad parts so that 6 pack rack was my choice.
I built the rest of the "back bar" as Roger calls them, having a couple of the mounting bars machined flat for fitment and very happy to hear that Roger said it fit up just fine.

john

sandpuppi101
06-21-2010, 09:19 AM
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00714.jpg

Sorry John I was gonna put this picture on yesterday as a HINT but these guy's wanna win a sick trike so putting the 350X together was at the top of the list for me yesterday.I can't believe someone is gonna be owning this machine and it's not gonna be me,LOL..That's the best part of this is the fact that somebody's gonna have one of the sickest build's i've ever done going home with them,I wish everybody luck.The plan is to have it in the lobby at Haspin where you go in and sign in for TF so make sure too check it out and make sure I did a good job.

I'd like for everybody to check out this absolutely awesome seat that was Donated by no other than Rob and Tammy over at Cosmic Quad's,I mean when you want quality seat work done you go to the best and that's exactly what I did.The seat was in bad shape so they put on new foam ,put on a new cover which I mite add matches the OEM fork boot's to a T ,and the graphic's are spot on to the oem honda seat's.Thanks guy's~and just so you all know Cosmic Quad's are member's of this board and can be reached at Cosmicquads.com and they deffinatly get an A+ in my book.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00831.jpg

Another donation on the build came from none other than Good Ole' Harlan Lynse from Minnisota with his awesome decal's.I know that Harlan offer's up Decal's for many ATC model trike's and again his work is absolutely awesome,and he's also a member here on 3WW.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00834.jpg

When I had the powder coating done for this build I called out my buddies ATC Sam,Jake and Carp from down in Ohio.Not only do these guy's build some sick one off custom and race trike's but there just good guy's in general.Doing this as a favor was really appreciated guy's and the work look's awesome .A personal Thanks from MDR Racing.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/krisroger489.jpg

That's just the tip of the iceberg as far as donation's and if you donated i'd like to personally say Thanks for your Hospitality and for the awesome product's you brought to the build.And get with me at TF so I can formally chat with ya.If you donated to the build Please drop me a PM so I know weather or not I can mention your name as I know some of you wish to be anoyomous .The build's in it's final stage's,Yep I'm cutting it close just like OCC would fashionably do but it will all be worth it when it's said and done,and don't worry I'm sure everybody's gonna see the final trike,I'm just looking for a beautiful girl to model with it,HINT: Maybe at TF ahe' Girl's~But FYI I'm married,LOL.. But for now I'm only gonna show ya this pic,sorry gang!! This thread to be continued tomorrow but that will be about it as I myself will be heading down to TF10......

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/sandpuppi101/DSC00829.jpg

Brockey
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Coming together nicely. Watching and waiting to see the end result as well as the winner.

3Wheel_Gunner
06-21-2010, 08:21 PM
BEAUTIFUL trike:Bounce:Bounce

krazykane
06-22-2010, 05:53 PM
i think you should get a hot girl next to it or a couple of them and get posters made of them and sell them to drum up some money for the next build and to help the site.just a thought

MagicJames
06-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Time is up, and you should have that baby done!! Where are the pictures at?

thestud25
06-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I love pictures!!!