PDA

View Full Version : Weedwackerb ID help etc. RYOBI stuff..........

Dirtcrasher
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I've done my share of GOOGLE searches for the day............

I have a 2000 1sh RYOBI 990R 18" trimmer.

The lines in the tank are swollen, the fuel filter could be changed. I will buy a carb kit too; Problem is that this particular (4 stroke POS) is a bit rare; The worse part is that the primer bulb worked (now cracked though and I have to get a new one), says prime 5-7 times; I felt gas in the plug would draw up the rest of the fuel, but 10 pulls an an hour later and it won't stay running. Even if I bypass that primer bulb (broke) (which led me to believe I could get it running through the spark plug)) and dump fuel in the cylinder, it does fire for a second, then it dies. It's my opinion that the carb is plugged as putting gas in the plug works, but it won't run any longer. It SHOULD stay running no?? Or maybe those 5-7 primes fill the bowl internally......... The intake valve/suction isn't apparently enough.

Tomorrow I will remove the HI/LOW adjustments and get carb cleaner through there.

I guess primers have me baffled, I don't have it COMPLETELY apart but it has a fuel valve so I imagine that there is some type of fuel holding tank that fills and shuts the fuel down............

So, I have a WALBRO carb. Best info I can get is "WALBRO" a "HY" and below is WT456.

I've searched online and found PLENTY of kits that MAY work but I can't play games, it has to run . I always ran fuel stabilizer in the fuel and through the bowl in winter (I'm assuming it has some sort of bowl or reservoir.....??) Although it is suction fed, hence the diagaphram style carb. Now years later it is ripped which is no shock.....

I just have NO SHOPS near me so this will be an online dealio.

Problem is the ONLINE dimensions of the primer bulb seem off by a MM or 2 and the rebuild kit seems to have far too much in it for this quik job. It merely needs a good cleaning, maybe a new tank filter (the washers stacked next to it were plain steel and corroded so I changed them.

I bypassed the primer bulb, fed the combustion chamber but got it to firee no more than 30 second s did it last..................................

My fault not running it dry and adding some stabilizer or it did not work.

I can't buy a new one, this is a 4 stroke but generally works well aside from the "self advancing" trimmer line.

I lost all my links, If anyone has a link to a lawnmower/small outdoor equipment type site, it may help, me as I lost all the websites.

It's been a couple months since I mowed/whacked so I'd love to pick your brain, yet not be referred to the same websites I dealt with today.

It should have ran while I primed it, but I guess there is a whole small carb bowl to fill before it will stay running. Or some plugged crap..............

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any help!! :D ":beer

DeePa
05-23-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.outdoordistributors.com/Ryobi/Ryobi_Parts_Lists.html

parts list on there...

part numbers...prices are from jackssmallengines.com

Primer - 181054 $14.01
oem rebuild kit - 181068 $33.00
gasket diaphragm kit - 181069 $20.00

call you tomorrow or tuesday

Dirtcrasher
05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
I lost that link along with all your emails! I'll check it out......

Thanks Mike!!

Bryan Raffa
05-24-2010, 11:09 PM
wtf .. you guys cant call each other...lmao!! I got a leaf blower that giveing me the same issue.... seems like it wont top out on anything but Race Gas with koltz.. and now the recoil pulled out and stayed out....:rolleyes:.....:lol:

Dirtcrasher
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Michael is a VERY busy guy, even a response is appreciated!! :beer

Question 2) Any idea where to get a cogged drive belt for an AEG HBSE 756 Belt Sander?? Looks like the UK is my only hope........................

Belt is19MM wide, German made and about 50-53 teeth. Dad must have had this 20 yrs. or more....Shame to see it go, it's built well otherwise :D

We don't want a new plastic POS!!

Says - "Please reload the window....."

What is up with this new software??