PDA

View Full Version : ANy suggestions for converting a 19 ft baot trailer into a hauler

86trizinger
05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I have a almost perfect condition boat trailer.. Holds a 19ft boat so I am guessing its about 21 ft overall length. I am looking for photos or ideas to convert this into something to haul my 3 wheelers around, plus maybe some storage or something.

Anyone have any suggestions or photos for me. At the most I am only trying to haul 4 bikes around so that area will be framed out and diamond plate aluminum put there. The rest could be for whatever.

MonroeMike
05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
This thread has a link to some great info.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?104649-Need-A-Trailer-Measurement

86trizinger
05-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Great Thanks for that link. That give a great idea of how I should move the axle. My frame is very heavy duty frame. About 3"x5" box tubing 1/4" thick. I just am trying to figure out the design for the top. The rails are spread all the way out to the edge of the axle so I should have to widen those any.

The boat comes off tomorrow so I will get pics of what I am working with to get everyones input.

250rAL
05-25-2010, 05:26 PM
This is what I made out of a boat trailer. The ramp slides on a 1/2 inch rod and stows at the rear for transit. It holds 3 machines.

Daltons200x
05-25-2010, 05:46 PM
ive also seen people mount a small popup camper at the back of a boat trailer and then making just a platform for hauling stuff in front of that. i thought it was a neat idea