PDA

View Full Version : Nazi stuff from ww2

The Goat
05-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Found a flag topper about 10 years ago.

http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img2/item/136/353/159/o_DaOTueZ8nqliWCB.jpg

Looks like that but larger. Missing the emblem when it was taken back to the US.

Anyone have any idea what they are called specifically. Wanna sell it on the old evilbay

Thorpe
05-25-2010, 10:39 PM
I would call it a hood ornament? Everything I can find on the net just calls it a "decorative flag top"...

The Goat
05-25-2010, 11:05 PM
it'd be tall...mine stands well over 16 inches in height.

Nazi German SS/SA Auto Standarte is what I'm thinking...but I can't find a single one like the one I have. It's either worth a mint...or worthless.

Thorpe
05-25-2010, 11:15 PM
If it turns out to be worthless, I would throw a 20 at it and put it on top of my workbench...

Vealmonkey
05-25-2010, 11:21 PM
I have a couple old "towels" that are in presentable shape. One is from the kreigsmarine and is so marked and the other has a bunch of swastikas woven into it and in blue along the border. They are not near as big as modern day towels and they look more like dishcloths, but I guess they were better than nothing. I will get pics of them in the am since I'm getting ready to go to work. Also, when I moved into my house, I found an old japanese arisaka type 99 rifle up in my attic that was pretty much complete. It just need the parts for the firing pin assembly and the safety.

Jim mac
05-26-2010, 12:01 AM
I think I saw the firing pin parts at numrich gun parts. jim

cattle-dog
05-26-2010, 07:04 AM
just a tip you will not want to use the word nazi or swasticka in your heading or discription or your auction will be deleted, i found out the hard way, put ww2 memrobila, the buyers will find it listed like that and you may still get deleted, i had a bunch of nazi stuff i bought to resell and ebay booted me several times.

ATC-Eric
05-26-2010, 10:52 AM
What do you mean its missing the emblem? You mean the swastika was removed?

oldskool83
05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
i had a poker chip once, no clue were it got to, but it was really cool looking, had white and red in it. dont know if it was real but my friend got it from his dad

honda250sx
05-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm interested in it Cade.

The Goat
05-26-2010, 02:05 PM
alright jeff, I'm gonna take some pics and I'll get back with you.

it's not an ss standarte...it's something else. When bringing things back over in ww2 a lot of times they had to knock the swastika out before they could tote it across.

This one is physically larger and made of what I believe to be bronze and silver. the carving is much more intricate.

Antique roadshow was down here recently... the lady said if it still had the swastika it would be worth 7000! unfortunately it doesn't. BLAH.

also have a black forest cukoo clock that's older than dirt...supposed to be worth a mint.

hang&rattle
05-26-2010, 04:07 PM
What's ironic is the swasticka is actually a specific christian cross which is a symbol of peace. Before Hitler it was displayed on doormats etc., symbolizing 'peace and prosperity'.

Vealmonkey
05-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Here are pics of the towels. Notice if you look closely on the white towel, you have swastikas woven into the pattern of the towel, besides the blue swastikas along the sides.

inv3ctiv3
05-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Never understood why people would want to collect this bullshit, you should just put it in the trash where it belongs.

Escanabajosh
05-26-2010, 06:58 PM
man thats history it dont belong in the trash! ya the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that happen is BS but still it's history.theres nothing we can do about it now.

my greatgrandpa was a SS soldier and like 10-15 years ago my oma (german for grandma) found his uniform and stuff in the attic, they brought it all out in the yard and burned it! i understand why, but man i would have loved to have had it, imagine my kids being able to take it to school when they talk about the war! yes it's not somthing to be proud of but they kicked in his door and said if he didn't fight with them they would kill my oma and her family!

my mom is born and lived for 21 years in germany, my dad married her in when he was in the army.

Thorpe
05-26-2010, 07:16 PM
3 wheelers were banned, and yet we collect those...? Whats the difference? History is neat. If I had a Swastika tattoo'd on my chest, that would be f'd up... (not meaning to sound rude or insensitive, I just don't understand?)

inv3ctiv3
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
^^ 3 wheelers were banned, and yet we collect those...?

3-wheelers did not represent one of the biggest atrocity's in the worlds history, they also do not stand for hate and intolerance. I am not jewish at all and I do understand they are apart of history and belong in a museum but I don't know why people horde and collect such ugly and disgusting items.

dcreel
05-26-2010, 08:14 PM
3-wheelers did not represent one of the biggest atrocity's in the worlds history, they also do not stand for hate and intolerance. I am not jewish at all and I do understand they are apart of history and belong in a museum but I don't know why people horde and collect such ugly and disgusting items.

With all of the intolerance directed towards punk rock and the people who listen to it, I figured you would be a little more understanding. Granted there is a difference between Nazi memorabilia and a Skrewdriver fan. They still have a right to believe the way they believe. As Punks we fight not only for our own rights of free speech and expression, but for everyone elses too.

SeaBass8
05-26-2010, 10:24 PM
I guess 3WW is a good place to buy/sell Nazi memorabilia?

Mods really? Theres plenty of other places to do this on the net.

Thorpe
05-26-2010, 10:41 PM
This thread was never started as a place to sell historic pieces. If you read ALL the way back to the first post, information was what was being looked for... I think everyone is taking this thread for what it isnt...

bigpimpin
05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
the post is fair game, it is in the open forum

dcreel
05-26-2010, 11:11 PM
the post is fair game, it is in the open forum

agreed.. This wasn't a for sale thread as Thorpe has said. I guess if it bothers you, hit the back button

Thorpe
05-26-2010, 11:28 PM
^^ Amen Brother....

inv3ctiv3
05-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Like the Dead Kennedy's said, nazi punks can trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro off

Thorpe
05-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Good thing none of us here are "Nazi Punks" then...

inv3ctiv3
05-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Dcreel will know what that post was about

Thorpe
05-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Guessing its the punk rock music...? Dead Kennedy's...?

dcreel
05-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Like the Dead Kennedy's said, nazi punks can trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro off

I totally agree with you but people have the right to think how they want to think. Good or bad.

NINJA
05-27-2010, 01:31 AM
I agree, people should be allowed to think what they want to think. I see this as a conscience matter. If you want to collect it for historical value, so be it. If you want to collect the stuff because you think it's badass or cool, then I'd suggest brushing up on your understanding of the history behind it and what it stood for. If you're a neo-nazi or white supremiscist , then you can trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro off!

Me personally, I wouldn't even have any of that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro in my house because it gives me a bad vibe. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night because my conscience would nag at me. That's just my opinion and I'm not directing my post at anyone in this thread in particular.

Dirtcrasher
05-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Man, I bet they make a hell of a powder coating oven!!

:D Mood enlightening statement.....................................

inv3ctiv3
05-27-2010, 02:58 AM
I totally agree with you but people have the right to think how they want to think. Good or bad.

I agree but doesn't mean I have to agree with it or that I can't tell them they're a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro idiot, I realize you used to roll with a skinhead crew back in the day (racist or not) but nowadays at punk/hardcore shows those neo-nazi's retards get the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro kicked out of them like they should. I understand the skinhead (S.H.A.R.P) thing and totally get it back in the day but there just isn't the type of skinheads today as there were back when you were into it.

dcreel
05-27-2010, 06:11 AM
I made a lot of bad decisions, claimed alot of the wrong things and rolled with the wrong crowd for 6 years (15-21) but when you are on the streets you take protection where you can find it. I woke up one day and realized it wasn't for me, and I was fighting for something I didn't believe in. I got jumped out of the gang I was in and moved to Kansas to start from scratch. I've spent the last 18 years trying to be a better man (kharma), and make things right with the world. I took and gave a lot of bruises in a misguided attempt to belong.. somewhere. Being a punk or skinhead (trad or not) was difficult back in the day. Now, I'm just trying to make the world a better place for my kids.

greenhuman
05-27-2010, 06:24 AM
I think all right thinking people are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent right thinking people are sick and tired.
Well, I'm not and I am sick and tired of being told that I am.

Vealmonkey
05-27-2010, 07:47 AM
This thread sure has taken on a mind of it's own. I guess I'm lucky I hadn't shown anything else I have. Of course with all the ranting no one has asked why these things are even in my posession. My mothers boyfriend was raised on a farm around Fairfax, Va. During the war, they actually had german prisoners as laborers on the farm. These are the items the german prisoners had on them when they came to the farm. My moms' boyfriends' family gave them normal towels and wash cloths and clothes and such to wear. They were treated way better than most american prisoners were in germany. Anyways, several years ago while helping to clean my moms house out, we came upon all this "stuff" and the story was told to me. It was also told to me that several of these prisoners became friends of the family during their time on the farm and once they returned to germany, sent Christmas cards thanking Hermans parents for their kindness and generosity and they would often send pictures of their family as well. Their are some of these cards and pictures in the boxes as well. The items are family keepsakes from a strange period of time. Sometimes good comes from the bad. Alot of the people who fought on the enemies side during the war were people just like you and me. They only knew what they were told and thought they were fighting for a just cause. There were atrocities on both sides. There are atrocities and unjustices that are going on today. America lies to its citizens more than I care to think about. Does that make you want to burn the American flag or other symbols of America? What about the American civil war? The atrocities that Americans showed other Americans and the life in the prison camps? My family has lost members in WW1, WW2 and Korea and in Vietnam. I served 6 years in the navy and my father spent 3 years in the navy before I was born. I have cousins that served in Desert Storm and that are over in iraq right now. My mothers' boyfriends father, was a survivor of the Bataan death march. He was listed as killed in action and his wife actually remarried. Needless to say, once he returned back to the states after almost a year of recovery and rehabilitation, he was quite amazed that his wife remarried. So Hermans moms' second marriage ended up being null and voided. Hermans father never had contempt for the japanese people, but never spoke too much or too highly of his captors though. Hermans father has one of the swords from one of the guards from where he was imprisoned. He always kept that sword on the wall in the living room. I cannot imagine the things inside Hermans father that he had for the symbolism. Never once did he ever try to destroy or burn it though. And that very sword may have killed a few of his fellow prisoners. I guess it just really has to do with ones point of view. Have you served in the military invective? I would be interested to hear why you have such strong feelings about this. I'm not a neo nazi and never have been a skinhead.

dcreel
05-27-2010, 08:36 AM
My father collects nazi memorabilia, has for as long as I have been alive. He has things from helmets to broomhandle pistols. He was also a cop for 30+ years. Him and I didn't see eye to eye growing up, but he was a good man. I grew up around gun shows as a little kid. People collect what they want to collect, for whatever reason they have for collecting it. At this point they are all just inanimate objects from our history.

Goat, I'm sorry for leading your thread astray, boss.

inv3ctiv3
05-27-2010, 11:51 AM
This thread sure has taken on a mind of it's own. I guess I'm lucky I hadn't shown anything else I have. Of course with all the ranting no one has asked why these things are even in my posession. My mothers boyfriend was raised on a farm around Fairfax, Va. During the war, they actually had german prisoners as laborers on the farm. These are the items the german prisoners had on them when they came to the farm. My moms' boyfriends' family gave them normal towels and wash cloths and clothes and such to wear. They were treated way better than most american prisoners were in germany. Anyways, several years ago while helping to clean my moms house out, we came upon all this "stuff" and the story was told to me. It was also told to me that several of these prisoners became friends of the family during their time on the farm and once they returned to germany, sent Christmas cards thanking Hermans parents for their kindness and generosity and they would often send pictures of their family as well. Their are some of these cards and pictures in the boxes as well. The items are family keepsakes from a strange period of time. Sometimes good comes from the bad. Alot of the people who fought on the enemies side during the war were people just like you and me. They only knew what they were told and thought they were fighting for a just cause. There were atrocities on both sides. There are atrocities and unjustices that are going on today. America lies to its citizens more than I care to think about. Does that make you want to burn the American flag or other symbols of America? What about the American civil war? The atrocities that Americans showed other Americans and the life in the prison camps? My family has lost members in WW1, WW2 and Korea and in Vietnam. I served 6 years in the navy and my father spent 3 years in the navy before I was born. I have cousins that served in Desert Storm and that are over in iraq right now. My mothers' boyfriends father, was a survivor of the Bataan death march. He was listed as killed in action and his wife actually remarried. Needless to say, once he returned back to the states after almost a year of recovery and rehabilitation, he was quite amazed that his wife remarried. So Hermans moms' second marriage ended up being null and voided. Hermans father never had contempt for the japanese people, but never spoke too much or too highly of his captors though. Hermans father has one of the swords from one of the guards from where he was imprisoned. He always kept that sword on the wall in the living room. I cannot imagine the things inside Hermans father that he had for the symbolism. Never once did he ever try to destroy or burn it though. And that very sword may have killed a few of his fellow prisoners. I guess it just really has to do with ones point of view. Have you served in the military invective? I would be interested to hear why you have such strong feelings about this. I'm not a neo nazi and never have been a skinhead.

My first post was out of line but in a later one I said I understand why some people would want to collect it, I most definitely would not. To me it represents something so disgraceful I wouldn't want to see it on a daily basis. I was born in Texas and my whole family is from Texas (hell my grandma was born in 1912 and she says things sometimes that would really offend a lot of people but she doesn't know any different, she's just oldschool) but I was raised my whole life in California (besides every summer in TX). We have a much different view then most of the people on this forum that are from different parts of the country and I would not want such an ugly symbol in my house. Hell there is a tattoo artist here that is mexican but has an entire room in his shop dedicated to the SS and WW2 German trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, the wall is even painted with the SS soldiers on it and like I said he is full blown mexican and not a racist, I just don't understand it.

And for the record yes I am ashamed of some of the things America has done and still does, unlike most of you probably I think the Arizona Immigration Law is completely un-american. While I do think illegal immigration is a HUGE problem I don't think that law is helping anything. And when I was younger and much stupider I would have told you yes I wouldn't mind burning an American Flag. I was very into the whole trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro capitlism, the police, the government thing, I grew up going to punk shows since I was a little kid but have since grown up a lot and realized my mistakes. I used to be vegan and fought for Animal Rights but that has since changed. And I realize you guys would probably say my old Anarchy/Punk posters or patches are completely stupid and I shouldn't have them just like how I feel about this WW2 stuff, I'm just saying why I don't like it, you have the right to tell me why you DO like it.

bigworm626
05-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Just like everyone here that collects 3 wheeler's. I have a chance to kick the trike addiction & get a banshee quad instead, but I love the fact that you can still own a part of history & be able to ride it! So f#$@ the quads for now!! This is the beat gift the Japenese could give to the Americans. Vealmonkey coming with the straight knowledge !!!!!

The Goat
05-27-2010, 12:26 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/roundheya/99f76910.jpg

here's a rough pic

would post more but I'm on my phone.

If you don't like the thread, alt+f4 gtfo

bigworm626
05-27-2010, 12:38 PM
If you don't like the thread, alt+f4 gtfo

The Goat, Me likie!

The Goat
05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Like I said, if it had the swastika, even with a dent it would be worth seven thousand easy. Appraised less than two weeks ago at 600.

I also have some other pieces as well. Non Nazi stuff.

A mesh woven purse that's over 100 years old. Worth 300 bucks. Polished up it looks like pure silver. No idea what it's made out of. Also got a black forest cuckoo clock from Germany, appraised at 1300 bucks. Crazy what you can find in your attic/shed lol

The Goat
05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Man, I bet they make a hell of a powder coating oven!!

:D Mood enlightening statement.....................................

Incredibly trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro up steve. But I laughed.

I'd like to clarify something. It was never my intention to sell this on here. I want to know what it was used for. The craftanship an metal tells mr it was for someone deemed far more important than SS.

I hope there was a collector on here who might know just that.

Furthermore I have a story for you. A few months back my gf and I were hanging out with her friend and her friends friend. We head back to his room and this little emo trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro has a swastika flag on his wall.

It wasn't a collectors item. It was a freshly purchased pieces of trash. I pulled it off his wall and whn he began to throw a feminine fit I said: Ich bin deutsche...

Perhaps that explains my interest in this.

Billy Golightly
05-27-2010, 02:38 PM
That looks like something that would have hung outside a building or inside an office/war-room of some sort to me.

Dirtcrasher
05-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry GOAT, glad you understood me, I was just lightening the topic. Seems like many of us are VERY passionate about this and if my great grandparents were tortured and abused, I'd be one pissed off MO FO!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sincere apologies if that offended anyone.

I saw that picture of Grandpa Bush shaking hands with Hitler and wearing the NAZI symbol - I just don't know WHAT to think and many of you are much more educated than myself.

I just see broke stuff and repair/improve it :D The stuff I see makes my stomach turn be it true or otherwise..............

Vealmonkey
05-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I wasn't bashing anyone on here and everyone has the right to believe or do what they want. Even if people have these things that some consider the "wrong" reasons, they are entitled to that. I'm just curious sometimes why some people have such a total hatred of some things. Even though the implements of war wether weapons or other atrifacts, are hideous and destructive, they are still fascinating to a certain degree. I can't believe more people haven't gotten on any of the gun threads and bashed them. Heck, I work in a factory blending and bottling alcohol, and that in itself can open up a can of worms. But no matter what most people agree or disagree with, everyone has their right to thier own point of view. I have lost realtives fighting for those rights and I myself spent 6 years defending and fighting for those rights. And as far as I know, all but my family who died in Vietnam, volunteered for the privelage to die for this country and your and my rights to believe what we believe in and say what we want to say. So please have fun agreeing and disagreeing. Enjoy your guns. Enjoy your Punk Rock. Most all, Thank a Veteran.

NINJA
05-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Furthermore I have a story for you. A few months back my gf and I were hanging out with her friend and her friends friend. We head back to his room and this little emo trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro has a swastika flag on his wall.

It wasn't a collectors item. It was a freshly purchased pieces of trash. I pulled it off his wall and whn he began to throw a feminine fit I said: Ich bin deutsche...

Perhaps that explains my interest in this.
This is why you're always welcome in my house.
This is why I feel the way I do about this matter in a language taught to me by my grand parents:

Ich bin deutschen Abstammung von beiden Seiten, und meiner Meinung nach die Ära der Nazis etwas beschämend wurde. Es gibt ein guter Grund, warum meine Großeltern in den Staaten verschoben. Ich bin stolz, Deutsch zu sein und ich bin stolz, ein Punk zu sein, aber ich bin nicht stolz auf den Teil der Geschichte. Die Nazis vertreten reine böse und Unterdrückung. Wenn Sie mit Nazis mitfühlen, können dann Sie trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro aus!

Woodsrider
05-27-2010, 11:14 PM
During the war, they actually had german prisoners as laborers on the farm. . .

I just deleted most of your post to save some room...but I have to say...what a fascinating story/history lesson. Being of German ancestry, I have found this thread quite interesting, but your post was VERY interesting...thanks for sharing that cool bit of family history, Vealmonkey !!

Vealmonkey
05-28-2010, 09:06 AM
I wish I knew more details and my moms boyfriend was quite young at the time. The farm was quite large and they had a bunk house for the prisoners. I think they were more trustees than prisoners though and there was no mention of any kind of guards. There was mention that the government provided some money to help feed them and to help provide for their basic necessities, clothing and toiletries and such. I'm sure they worked hard, but they were treated well as I was told and many of them became somewhat close to Hermans family. There were many differnt things that happened in this part of the country during the war. Here in MD, you had aberdeen proving grounds where many foriegn tanks, vehicles and guns were brought back and tested thouroughly. Also some enemy aircraft and ships as well were brought back around here for testing. There are German prisoners of war buried around here in different areas. There is a German U-boat Captain buried down in fort meade. And of course there were many germans who cooperated with the US during alot of the testing of their weaponry. There were several german ships and a sub that were brought into the David Taylor research center near annapolis. Several foriegn planes were brought into Pautuxent (spelling) for testing.

aldochina
06-04-2010, 10:02 PM
wow!! unbelievable how sensitive people are!! This is American history guys!! Our grandfathers fought against the genocide of the Jews!! Lots came home with memoribilia from the enemy!! It was a sign of the pride of defeating the Germans for most i'm sure! Not sure how it can be viewed as garbage. There are countless times in history when ignorance by few caused the death of thousands/millions. Yet for some reason WWII/Nazi Germany gets put in a catagory by itself!!( Liberal media are mostly jewish) Genocide has been going on thousands of years, and will rear its head again in the future i'm sure. What do you think the Taliban/Al-qaeda want to do to the western world, especially americans!! to the ovens!! Roust!!

inv3ctiv3
06-05-2010, 03:42 AM
I completely understand wanting American pieces from the war but I personally have no interest in keeping something that TO ME represents something so despicable and shameful in my house. And you are right, genocide has been happening for years but that doesn't mean I want Nazi trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro around me, I wouldn't go around collecting stuff from the mass genocides in Rwanda, Panama, etc. And to down play the Holocaust as being an event blown out of proportion by liberal jewish media pretty laughable to me, 6 million Jewish were killed (close to two thirds of Europe's Jewish population) and about one quarter of these were children under 15. And since you liked to point out that it was blown out of proportion it was indeed the largest genocide in the worlds history that was a completely and totally cold blooded mass murdering session for those short few years. More people died in those years in more brutal ways then any other genocide, while more people were killed in "The Great Leap Forward" in China that was not a genocide like the holocaust. It was a new economic plan that ended up with 30 million people dead (11 million total in WWII) but most of those peopled starved to death, they were not brutally killed on purpose for the reason to purify the world....The swastika to me represents ignorance and hate, plain and simple, and that is not something I want in my house. That's great you guys do but since you are saying I am so sensitive I am going to explain myself and defend myself, I understand this stuff is a part of history but I am merely explaining why I would not want it in my house.

aldochina
06-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I never said anywhere in my post it was blown out of proportion!! Just talked about, and dwelled upon the most. Which is so true! In my opinion starvation, and gas chambers are alot more humane than what people did to eachother in the 5 hundred years leading up to WWII. What about the persicution of the Christians!! Millions burnt alive, and tortured in the most grusome ways!! And this went on for hundreds of years!! I dont think the Jews were the largest group persicuted in the worlds history at all, just the most documented by far because of the time in which it happened!! I'm just saying, people get so worked up over the Jews. Maybe because it is fresher in the mind of many, but it is just one of many cases of such atrocities in the worlds history!! I have no nazi memoribilia in my home, but as a kid, my grandpa had a large cache of stuff displayed in his basement(WWII Vet) and i always remember going down there with my brothers and checking the stuff out!! My brother has it all now, i will try to get some pics sometime to share these historical artifacts with those who would like to seee them.

fabiodriven
06-05-2010, 11:24 AM
History is very interesting boys. If you burn every piece of Nazi memorabilia guess what? The history is still going to be there! There are people who collect this stuff because they are ignorant bigots who think Hitler was god but for the most part the people who collect this stuff just find it interesting. I personally love all war/military memorabilia and I find the Nazi uniforms to be the sharpest looking uniforms in military history. I don't collect any Nazi stuff, but the stuff is definately cool.

I did my time in the army and served in Iraq. I brought home three Iraqi soccer jerseys that I bought while I was there, along with a few other odds and ends. I find the stuff very interesting and although I was only gone to Iraq for one of the 30 years I've been on this earth, that one year still feels like it was yesterday and there are parts of that trip that will never ever leave me. Even though Iraq is a giant pile of shite and the citizens of that country shot at myself and my friends, I still have a fascination for that country.

It is history boys. History is interesting. Take it easy and appreciate what has happened be it right or wrong in your own eyes. It already happened and no one can change it.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/beshow/Iraq_flag.gif

The Goat
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
This sucker went to ebay... still no idea what it was. But talked to the old man who pulled it down...and from what he could remember billy...you were right. It sat outside of a freaking WAR ROOM. Many a person burning in hell (and maybe a few who aren't) walked by this thing...it's downright creepy to think about.

Thorpe
06-07-2010, 11:46 PM
^^ Got an auction number goat? Just curious to know how it does....

The Goat
06-08-2010, 12:06 AM
You can search it if you want, rather not piss off the riff raff. German ss standarte eagle wreath.

If a mod thinks this thread the wrong way, by all means delete it. I've got more watchers than the dollar amount currently is. Lol

it should be interesting on the last day.

factoryX
06-08-2010, 06:22 AM
this is really cool actually. We have a bunch of stuff like this, my grand mother's birth certificate having a eagle/swastika on it lol.

Thorpe
06-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Very wise goat... Thanks...

The Goat
06-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Deutschland Erwache standard...

An incredibly rare surviving piece.

THE250RKID
06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
wow, its the start of summer, i didnt think i would get a history lesson, and i did. And i read every single post on this thread. Cool :p

SeaBass8
06-26-2010, 04:31 PM
The other night I was watching the military channel or maybe it was the Discovery Channel... Anyway the show was Secrets of WWll and at the five minute mark they show a b&w clip of some Nazi rally and I swear I saw your flag topper. Except it wasn't a traditional type flag it was more like a vertical banner.

The Goat
08-08-2010, 01:28 PM
yep... if mine would have been complete and had the flag it'd have been worth 150k easy... yeah you read that right.

as it is...i think I made out pretty well.

D-dub
08-08-2010, 05:23 PM
The only good WW2 memorabilia came from the Allied forces.

factoryX
08-08-2010, 06:04 PM
to you maybe. And whats funny is that as soon as the war was over, the Russians killed far more than the Germans, and they are considered allied? They raped and plundered the Germans and other countries as well. Look up the book called "As far as my feet will carry me" By Josef M. Bauer.
Axis Russians vs allied Russians?
http://i36.tinypic.com/1z1fh3p.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2vd1t8p.jpg

HuffieVA
08-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Never understood why people would want to collect this bullshit, you should just put it in the trash where it belongs.

Granted there a groups that use the insignia of Nazi Germany to promote hate and stupidity, there are those with legitimate reasons for collecting it...

EXAMPLE:

My uncle was killed during a training exercise known as Operation Tiger, it was a training landing in preparation for D-Day, they were torpedoed by German Uboats off the coast of Slapton Sands (UK). I have his purple heart, personal effects that were returned to my Grandmother and his casket flag proudly displayed in my home. I also have a small display of Nazi memorabilia displayed as well, Why, you ask? Because through dedication and determination our Uncles, Fathers and Grandfathers we able to bring these small relics home with them as souvenirs of there time fighting for the freedom of many around the world, they were only able to do that because they Kicked Ass, so to me its a reminder of victory as well a a symbol of what could have been had they not been successful. Would you rather have it the other way (i.e. a Nazi flag flying high at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave)

With that being said, I certainly understand the emotions the symbols tend to stir.... But like it or not it is History, its those that treat it as the present or future that cause the problems....

D-dub
08-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Soviet Russia was for the Axis until 1941 when the were forced to fight. The allied forces fought on the western front.

factoryX
08-08-2010, 07:18 PM
LOL, Soviet Russia fought against Germany when Germany started to invade Russia, there motives where still the same. Russia's plan on world domination never stopped and Joseph Stalin almost succeeded in conquering Europe even after the war.

mudbogger
08-08-2010, 07:36 PM
man thats history it dont belong in the trash! ya the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that happen is BS but still it's history.theres nothing we can do about it now.

my greatgrandpa was a SS soldier and like 10-15 years ago my oma (german for grandma) found his uniform and stuff in the attic, they brought it all out in the yard and burned it! i understand why, but man i would have loved to have had it, imagine my kids being able to take it to school when they talk about the war! yes it's not somthing to be proud of but they kicked in his door and said if he didn't fight with them they would kill my oma and her family!

my mom is born and lived for 21 years in germany, my dad married her in when he was in the army.

It can also be considered offensive to some as well as history.

cattle-dog
08-08-2010, 08:18 PM
i dig history also and think what happened at the nazi hands was terrible. i also love america. but our govement has also did very much the same things to others and even its own citizens, used our soldiers for testing, lsd testing ,poisoned a intire town with radiation here in the states on purpose to see its effects. if you want to feel sickened look right here at home and our own history, it is not so nice in itself.

The Goat
08-10-2010, 06:53 PM
calm down guys... just trying to give an update.

I was bored on the road and decide to give this site a look when the weather got too bad to drive... no need for preaching.

harryredtrike
08-12-2010, 01:26 AM
what did that stuff go for? did i miss it?