PDA

View Full Version : Any bow hunters in here?

Thorpe
05-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Never spent any time with a bow in my hand (short of screwing around) I am thinking of buying a bow and spending some time trying out the archery thing... Looking at buying a PSE Brute... Anyone have an opinion on that bow?

cattle-dog
05-26-2010, 06:56 AM
i learned to shoot bow from one of the northeastern top compitition shooters terri canada, he got all of hoyt`s prototypes, a starter level hoyt is a good forgiving bow for a first timer and has top quality, you may want to go to a local archery range they allways have used setups forsale, that was how i started, save some coin and if its not for you your not out the big bucks.

outtaline
05-26-2010, 05:49 PM
The pse Deer hunter is a good bow and not that expensive its what I hunt with never seen the brute

yj350
05-26-2010, 11:02 PM
I hunt with a PSE Bow Madness XS. It is a great bow for the money and I have had several Mathews bows to compare it to. The last few years I have been spending most of my time in the woods with my bow instead of a rifle. It is a lot more of a challenge.

Thorpe
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Was out and shot a Bowtech for a few minutes yesterday... Felt really good in my hand... Try to go shoot that PSE this weekend....

aldochina
06-04-2010, 10:12 PM
check your local craigs before buying new!! the bows arnt so much, its setting them all up!! It adds up fast. Buy a used one thats a few yrs old, and you can save yourself some serious bucks. I would not bother with top dollar Mathews + such, they are excellent bows, but so are the lower priced competitors. Martin is an excellent bow for the money!! Just get one with a single, or hybrid cam, and 70-90% let-off. Shooting technic, and repitition will make you a better shot than any 1000.00 bow.

Thorpe
06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
^^ Funny you mention that... I am going to look at a Bowtech Mighty Mite and a Bowtech Extreme tomorrow... Both CL finds...

Didnt care for that PSE Brute all that much...

Thorpe
06-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Picked up a 2004 Bowtech Extreme VFT today... Came with Trophy Taker drop-away rest, Trophy Ridge 3-pin vertical sight, 4-Arrow Kwikee Kwiver, Limb Saver stabilizer... (could stand a fresh string) Paid $200 for it... Think I got a decent deal.