PDA

View Full Version : New member in nw Oklahoma

Chris1984
05-27-2010, 03:09 PM
New to the site, wish I would have found it before I let my collection dwindle dangerously low! I just got my hands on a Honda 110, not sure of the year, but it's on a bandito frame and front chrome fork, along with some red and gray rims. The previous owner claims that it's bored and stroked, and just says a lot when I ask him how far. I cleaned the carb up and it now starts and runs well, but has no idle at all. Any ideas?

theuglycamel
05-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Welcome, where at in Okie are you? I'm up in the NE corner about 10 min from MO and KS.

Chris1984
05-28-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm in mooreland, about 30 miles from the little sahara state park.

theuglycamel
05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Nice place to have a trike, are you saying your machine wont idle no matter what you set the idle to? My 200 simply idles rough but I've simply bumped it up about 500 rpm and it smooths out. I've got it tore apart now and waiting on a kit. But if yours won't idle no matter where you set the idle screw then I'd look for leaks between the carb and the intake manifold. You might be drawing air throughout the RMP range.

Chris1984
05-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I've messed with trying to set it, and it still has no idle at all, I even have to hold throttle to start it. I've checked for leaks and so far have found none. I like to take my 250sx to the dunes, and I'd really like to get this one going good and try it out there.