PDA

View Full Version : 4 Wheelers Tip Easiliy and are DEATH TRAPS! (W5 Investigative News Report)

Xhumeka
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Sorry if this is a repost, but I was watching the news this past weekend and was caught off-guard by this "investigative news report".

If misery loves company, us miserable trikers can appreciate the pain 'bad media' might cause ATV'ers.

Seems EERILY similar to the 60 minute report that helped ban ATC's... Now that 3wheelers aren't as common anymore, the fear mongerers have moved on to ATVs.

Here's the news report if you're interested:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091024/W5_ATVs_091024/20091024/

http://www.ragefaction.info/images/psych0/misc/2010/rider_beware.jpg

Xhumeka
05-31-2010, 12:24 PM
lmao, just wondering why my post was moved to the local riding directory for Ohio?

Xpress
05-31-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't necessarily agree with most of the people in that report. If you don't know how to ride it, you're going to flip it.

Dirtcrasher
05-31-2010, 02:17 PM
I rode a Honda Recon 650 the other day and I did not feel safe in the least! It was a huge massive and heavy machine.

I can only imagine that thing flipping backwards on a hill and flatteneing you!

At least with a trike, I get my legs in the way of it and kick it away from rolling on me.

Xpress
05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
I still think a properly trained rider won't ever tip or roll.

83ATC185S
05-31-2010, 02:39 PM
"what happneds when the machine turns on man?" lol like its got mind of its own. just like trikes,its all about the rider

Dammit!
05-31-2010, 03:53 PM
The whole thing is a joke just like the 60 minutes and 20/20 3 wheeler fiascos. Stupidity kills. But you can't regulate dumb.

trikeman78
05-31-2010, 05:07 PM
I believe we should all have the god given right to pursue happiness. 2 wheels 3 or 4. I hate people that always try to kill someones good time just because they forgot how to have a good time. Yes atc's and atv's can be dangerous but its just like guns. People kill themselves. The guns and atvs do nothing without human input.

Mr_RPM
05-31-2010, 06:59 PM
i have rode everything from atc110s, 350Xs YFZ450s to grizzly 660s with 26 inch mud bog tires. i felt safe on everything because i know how to ride and know when to stop. everything takes getting used to and practice. but as far as danger they are all the same to me. maybe with the yfz450 being the most dangerous (just so fast) but not by much. to me not one or the other is more dangerous, the variable is the rider and what they are doing.

i could be in a 5 star safety rated volvo, but rock climbing with it drunk will land me a home in the hospital
i could be in a 1450 HP 350x. but if im just rolling to the mail box to grab my mail, ill be fine.

old honda dealr
05-31-2010, 10:40 PM
I think I am overly biased here. I hate the fact they always want to put the machine at fault. It is not the machine or the manufacturer's fault that the person on the machine does not know how to use (ride) the machine correctly. The lady made a comment that a 12 year old girl riding a 800 pound machine isnt going to live. 12 year olds shouldnt even be on a machine that weighs 800 pounds. I would be willing to bet there is a warning label that clearly states no one under the age of 16. And for the little girl that died. Money says that they were riding double on a machine designed for single occupancy. Amd I sorry that his daughter is dead? Yes, definitly is it his fault or whoever allowed them to get on that machine riding double DEFINITLY. Do i blame the machine for doing what the RIDER told it to do?? NO!! Almost everyone of those riders they were filming did something that caused that machine to flip or rollover. Guy riding a wheelie up a mountain???? Drifting a rincon around a corner??? trying to hit too steep a hill at to low of a entrance speed??? The man that had his leg amputated still rides because he knows that they are as safe as the person riding. EVERYONE that rides or owns a ATV regardless if it has 2, 3 or more wheels knows that they can be hurt at anytime doing something stupid. Don't blame the machine blame the rider.

oldskool83
06-01-2010, 12:25 PM
anything can flip, roll, end up on you. problem is normaly thr rider has to push it for this kinda stuff to happen. id never own a 800lb machine. i feel mfgs have already gone to far by offering these lead sleds to atv riders because the stupid people will find a way to get them.

jessearends
06-01-2010, 01:18 PM
If anyone wants to ban any kind of atv they might as well do away with Polaris, the most worthless handling, top heavy, and by far most easy to roll junk. If i had to choose a machine to ride mx with, i would rather take my stock YTM200 over a Trailboss any day. But as you all say, its all the rider and the machine only responds to what you do to it and there is no cure for stupidity, therefore there will always be contoversy in every aspect of the off-road world.

johnny's X
06-01-2010, 01:21 PM
all atv's are dangerous. Hell lastnight I walked into the garage and caught my 70 grinding out a shank and was trying to kill the zinger.

99.9% is driver error and stupid mistakes

Greiver430x
06-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Ok I saw people doing dumb things with no helmets in the begining. My heart does go out to the 14 year old however why was she riding double. Parents need to step up and teach thier young to ride responsibly. Its like buying your 10 year old a 250r with no experience end letting him ride unsupervised. This stuff really burns my ass.....

three_wheelin45
06-03-2010, 09:39 PM
all atv's are dangerous. Hell lastnight I walked into the garage and caught my 70 grinding out a shank and was trying to kill the zinger.

LMAO :lol:

The Goat
06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
If anyone wants to ban any kind of atv they might as well do away with Polaris, the most worthless handling, top heavy, and by far most easy to roll junk. If i had to choose a machine to ride mx with, i would rather take my stock YTM200 over a Trailboss any day. But as you all say, its all the rider and the machine only responds to what you do to it and there is no cure for stupidity, therefore there will always be contoversy in every aspect of the off-road world.

:rolleyes:

Provide the bikes and I'll race you on the popo lol

Thorpe
06-07-2010, 11:50 PM
People in general are retarded, and need to be protected from themselves... Its sad, but kinda true...

vector292
06-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Its kinda sad, but percentage wise deaths to the number of people who use them are probaly close to the same as cars, planes ect.Like in part two the first people say the bike threw him off,the bikes an object it cant just throw people off at random.Id kinda like to see trikes put in that test just to see how much worse they are.

84atc200
06-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Oh boy here we go again, now are quads gonna be outlawed too? I doubt it but who knows,the problem is- people being on machines that they can't handle, people riding over their ability level, misuse of the machine, poor maintenance leading vital parts to fail and cause accidents. I don't know how many times i've seen new riders get scared and punch the throttle wide-open, instead of hitting the brakes.I'm not a pro rider by a long shot but most of the accidents are caused by lack of common sense.