PDA

View Full Version : Funny story...

Xpress
06-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I had a mini bike for sale for a couple days, and got one guy interested in it. He lives about 30 miles from me, and started asking me questions about its top speed, what the gas mileage is like on it, does it have turn signals, and is it registered.

Well, for one, it's not made for on road use, it's an OHV, lawnmower powered mini bike. I made it very clear that it's not to be used on the road.

The guy that wanted to buy it from me showed up in a taxi cab. "OOoookayyy..." I thought.

As it turns out, he had every intention of riding it home, which is probably about a 35-40 mile drive. He handed me the cash, I gave him a bill of sale, then he took off on it. :lol::lol:

I had warned him a few dozen times that it cannot be driven on city streets. Police around here give no warnings- they just write tickets. He kept on asking me why he couldn't drive it on the streets.

In the end, he got what he wanted (and likely a nice ticket) and I got what I wanted... :crazy:

Anyone else have a similar story? :lol:

200xfreek
06-02-2010, 12:21 AM
I would like to think i can fix anything but, stoopid aint one of them!

three_wheelin45
06-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Thats awesome...thank god for stupid people

rdlsz24
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
All I can think of is Harry and Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber haha. This hog gets 80 miles per gallon

http://www.willandbeyond.com/pics/news/july08/dumbanddumber.jpg

Rob

oldskool83
06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
thats pretty good.

Gearheadtom
06-03-2010, 03:25 PM
when I sold my old honda 200e, the guy I sold it to drove it down a walking trail to get it home.

thestud25
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I had a guy call to buy my 185s. He asked if it was driveable and I said it was but the tires leaked air. He asked me if It could drive the 6 or so miles to his house. I said "Yeah it will probably make it, but you will probably get stopped by the police first." He then replied that he was going to take the bike path from the park by my house to his. Long story short he wanted something to ride to Wal-Mart and back. I live in a town with a population over 200k!