PDA

View Full Version : My dealings with Works performance.

YTZ250#1
09-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Well about 3 weeks ago I called works to order a set of front struts for my
polaris sportsman Ho.They told me 1.5 weeks to build and 1 week to ship.
I received them like they said and paid cod.When I took them home and pulled the old struts out I noticed the new one were about 2.5 in longer.
That pissed me off a little and I called them the next day and explained
my problem.Sure enough they sent the wrong struts.They wanted me to pay to ship them back and I said no way send a call tag.I told him not to bother with the call tag till they send the rite struts out and we could swap packages then.He says no prob.Any way the call slip comes and no struts.
so I call them back and talk to a lady this time.It was kind of a blow out
because I'm out $256 and some change.She says that as soon as they have comfrimation that the first set is on the way back then they can build and ship the new ones out.She asures me that I will have them by weeks end.The next day I put them on the truck back to them and call her to let her know.(I got her voice mail).The following day she calls me back to tell me that after doing inventory they found that they don't have the strut bodys I need.She tells me it's going to be another 2 weeks to
build them and she will ship them over night as soon as they are done.
So now I'm out $256 and 5 weeks + and the quad is in parts in the garage.WHAT AN F*@%ING JOKE,I'll never do business with them again.

hrc200x
09-06-2003, 11:26 PM
yea, it seems like most of these companies have forgot about customer service. I just ordered a tapered 350x bearing carrier from some C and D racing out of Nebraska I think. I talked to the guy and he said they were out of them. He said if I order it tommorow you should have it by friday, this was on a tuesday or somthing. Friday comes no carrier, Ride over the weekend with bad rear bearings, Monday comes no carrier (holiday), Tuesday comes no carrier, so I call. She said oh, we still havn't recieved the carrier yet. I said well your husband said that I would have it last friday. She said he must have tried to direct ship it to you but couldn't. You should recieve it in 3 days after we get it, here we are, saturday no carrier. As of a few days ago the credit card hadn't been billed yet.

YTZ250#1
09-26-2003, 08:16 PM
HEY GUESS WHAT I GOT TODAY!!!My struts finally came in and I put them on already.The original order date was 8/5/03.I installed the struts and progresive springs with preload adjusters on the front,and I'll do the rear springs and clutch kit tomorrow.I hope it was worth the wait for handling and performance.I'll let you know how it works.

Wickedfinger
09-27-2003, 01:23 AM
I don't see how you are out $256 though .... You didn't lose it or anything - you ended getting what you paid for. Mistakes happen - the person shipping the product is a human beeing just like the rest of us. I don't know, years of working in retail managment may be swaying me here.

YTZ250#1
09-27-2003, 06:11 AM
I'm not out the 256 any more because I finally got them almost 2 months
after I ordered them.But if you factor in the riding I missed in that amount
of time than I'm out even more.It blows when your paying for somthing you can't ride.

samster143
09-27-2003, 08:50 AM
There is no excuse for sloppy work and failure! Sorry does not cut it....I am tired of dealing with deadbeats frequently. Sometime, somewhere people have decided that mediocrity can be the accepted level of performace.....THAT SUCKS!