PDA

View Full Version : My 83 250r build

JohnnyBeGood
06-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Ok so I finally went and picked up the 250r! To my surprise it came with a full dg exhaust and an 86 flatslide carb! The bike is much rougher than i thought. Im missing the shift lever everything except calipers for the brakes and all the plastics are shot(seat is brand new lol). Anyways, my original plan was to bore it over and put a new piston in it however the jug looks to be in excellent shape though it could use some honing. So I dont plan on boring it. Just all new bearings and seals as well as new piston rings(guy I bought it from said that he took it apart cause it had low compression). I guess I'm going to have to take the motor somewhere to get built(which isn't going to be cheap) as I don't have anyone around here with any knowledge to help show me the ropes. Also the bike really looks to me like it has an extended swing arm aswell as an extended axle. Can anyone give me the stock measurements so I can compare. I'll have pics up tomorrow with daylight as i strip it down more to start painting. Keep your eyes out for master cylinders and a shift lever.

nitrodude81r
06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Cant wait to see the pics. I will look around for a shift lever. Congrats on getting the Fooler!