PDA

View Full Version : After a long spell of unemployment.....

DixiePlowboy
06-05-2010, 01:34 AM
....I get a call a couple days ago from a local cycle/racing shop with a job offer. Not alot of money to start with, but.....I took it.

I'm the designated 2-stroke guy that also works on thumpers(unfortunately):).

I've worked a couple days there and found out the last new guy lasted 6-hours before he screwed up bad enough to get fired.....and he was an MMI graduate. I have a degree in Hackleburg (only one Hackleburg in the world) engineering(Master of shade tree mechanics:D), so I was a bit concerned...lol.

So far, dead machines are coming back to life on my lift/station. I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to keep the ball rolling.

BIG difference in doing this on my own time in my carport and doing this in a shop ran by someone else....but I'm still loving the opportunity.

Among the positives are access to specialty tools that ensure I'll never have to pay for bottom end work again, as well as a brand new DynoPort powersports dyno machine....ohhhh yeah!

Dammit!
06-05-2010, 01:49 AM
That's awesome man. Congrats and good luck!

Now I need to find a job myself...

dcreel
06-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Yes, congratulations.. sounds great.

Escanabajosh
06-05-2010, 06:29 AM
cool man, there hard to come by. hope to jump back on the wagon any day now myself, it was fun the first few months.

SeaBass8
06-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Congrats! And good luck!

Looking forward to rejoining the workforce too. (Hopefully soon)

Vealmonkey
06-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Congrats and best of luck on the new job. That dyno sounds really cool. Hopefully you will get to use it some.

harryredtrike
06-06-2010, 11:39 PM
congrats on the new gig.take your time and do it right,if your not 100% on something look it up

DixiePlowboy
06-07-2010, 12:58 AM
I appreciate all the words of encouragement. I'm going to do my best to turn out quality work so I can hang on to this job.....even if speedy work comes later on.

I've got some thoughts and plans for the dyno, Vealmonkey. If I owned more than a couple 250R pipes, I'd like to run them back to back (with the sniffer in the exhaust and corrected jetting) to compare them heads up.

Dirtcrasher
06-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Thank GOD you got something - or your skills in speaking and past work got you the entry level.

Hope it works out for you :beer:

skippy
06-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Congrads! Its a tough world out there!