PDA

View Full Version : (AZ) KXT500 $500 +4 westcoast

dcreel
06-07-2010, 10:22 AM
http://mohave.craigslist.org/mcy/1770799272.html

i have a tecate 250 three wheeler with a kawasaki kx500 dirtbike engine mounted in it,it is a running and driving bike.
westcoast +4 stretched swingarm,huge drag pip,flat track new rear tires on nice aluminum rims,this bike just needs small things like grips,better gas cap,and a better condition rubber intake boot.

i can start it on site.

i just need this bike gone,500$ firm,killer deal.you wil never find another atc 250/500 three wheeler for this cheap,i need the money to rebuild my trucks small block chevy.plus,this things always in my way haha

reply to the email craigslist gave or call dylan at 928-219-9015,if no answer call ricky at 928-219-9012.
thanks

http://images.craigslist.org/3kf3p13l35T35X25S4a618a306cfae1711e92.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3nd3k43ma5V55Z45W6a61d8bad59ff93e17ea.jpg

Zane
06-30-2010, 12:02 AM
FYI - be careful what is advertized by dcreel. I drove 5 hours to check out this bike and found out it was a POS. The only thing I wanted from the bike was the Westcoast swingarm witch was the only thing on the ATC that was in good conduction.
Quote "this bike just needs small things like grips, better gas cap, and a better condition rubber intake boot"
Wrong!!! - The bike has no brakes at all - The oil plug hole was broken out - The oil in the engine was white. - Both front forks where shot - The rear shock was blown - The wire harness was cut up and the chain was missing the master link clip.
I was pretty mad at this point about the deception and left to get some lunch. Normally I would go elsewhere to buy what I want. Thought it over lunch and figured out I was not going to find a +4 Westcoast in good shape so I went back and gave him the $350 bucks he wanted for the bike.
So the next day I removed the Westcoast swinger from the bike and fully checked it out. The swinger was truly the only gem on the bike. I removed the Honda HK2030 bearings and cast shock mount. Next stop for the swinger is the powder coat shop for a fresh new shine. :)
Just for kicks I put on my old stock chrome swinger onto the junker and cleaned the carburetor and set the float and put on a good used intake boot I had laying around. I then flushed the old oil out of the case and put in some fresh new oil. I also borrowed my rear brakes off my good Teacte to put on this one. Found out I was not able to start the bike. I'm able to start my friends kx500 with no problems. So we decide to put the Raptor to use and pull start the bike. We got it started but the bike would hardly run at all. I kept it running for about 15 minutes and then shut it off. Found out the antifreeze went right into the oil and turned it white again. Not sure if it's a blown gasket or what. At this point I believe the bike is ready for it final resting ground.

code200k
06-30-2010, 12:33 AM
FYI - be careful what is advertized by dcreel. I drove 5 hours to check out this bike and found out it was a POS....... At this point I believe the bike is ready for it final resting ground.

what do you mean becareful of dcreel?

dcreel
06-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Dang!! I was just showing something I found on craigslist. I live in Kansas. Secondly, I still would have paid $350 for it. Quitcherbitchin.. :lol:

code200k
06-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Dang!! I was just showing something I found on craigslist. I live in Kansas. Secondly, I still would have paid $350 for it. Quitcherbitchin.. :lol:

my thinking.i just went real easy on the newbie

Zane
06-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Sorry about that dcreel. I thought you where the guy. Whats this about me being a newbe? Look at my join date :)

KASEY
06-30-2010, 01:06 AM
low post count,,, just a lurker for 4 years? hmm,, take it easy on my fellow zonie!!

cbx1170
06-30-2010, 02:19 AM
I feel better I just about went 8-10 days ago to buy it but decided not to. Kid sounded funky. NO SALE. Found a complete 250r with Klemm Research package on it. everything. Carb to intake/reed cage, ported cyl, head mods, ignition mods and yes Pipe and Silencer. pipe not dented anywhere, silencer a little oily. decals good. kickers were steer damper & headlite guard. I feel a little guilty. OK rubber and plastics are fair.

dcreel
06-30-2010, 03:07 AM
I feel better I just about went 8-10 days ago to buy it but decided not to. Kid sounded funky. NO SALE. Found a complete 250r with Klemm Research package on it. everything. Carb to intake/reed cage, ported cyl, head mods, ignition mods and yes Pipe and Silencer. pipe not dented anywhere, silencer a little oily. decals good. kickers were steer damper & headlite guard. I feel a little guilty. OK rubber and plastics are fair.

Dude, Let's see some pics.. sounds awesome

3Razors
06-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I thought about driving to check it too. But I could tell it was rougher than described, plus 85 KX500 motor was like a one year only motor, impossible for parts, but the westcoast swingarm was worth the price. It looks like its actually a +6, hard to tell from pic.

Zane
06-30-2010, 10:15 PM
It is a +4 swinger.

3Razors
06-30-2010, 10:21 PM
What brand of pipe is it? Any markings?

Zane
06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
There is no markings on the drag pipe. The pipe itself looks well made but the welds for the braces dont look as good.

D-dub
07-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Damn! that Tecate was a helluva steal! drag pipe and swinger aside!