PDA

View Full Version : 250 ninja motorin an 86 250r? too heavy?

woodie
06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
i have an 86 250r frame and access to an 88 250 ninja that runs and all exhaust radiators etc is there do u think that motor is too heavy for the frame? just some food for thought u guys got me wanting to build a beast... wife is gonna kill me!
other than the fact it may be too large that is i'll have to measure it should have done that first i guess

NOS_350X
06-09-2010, 04:34 PM
The engine is quite large.

We built a ninja250 3 wheeler, Well acutally just adapted a banshee swingarm to the ninja chassis.

That enigne is a TURD. Dont waist your time and money.

jeddy
06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
I agree, you will not be happy with that engine. The only reason I'd consider putting it in is if I was using it for mock up purposes to replace it later with a bigger engine (600cc minimum), and it would not be good for that since there are probably many differences (otherwise you'd probably see a lot of 250 ninjas with big bore engines for cheaper insurance reasons...). You could probably make a great go kart though...

nick walke
06-13-2010, 03:21 AM
Hello

Although this engine is actually a very good road engine with reasonable power when tuned , it is sadly too heavy for dirt use - i ran a road legal 250r replica for 5000 miles and topped out over 100 mph but the weight caused an axle snap and a big crash into a field of pigs- although very funny for my mates following it proves a point keep it simple keep it light !!