PDA

View Full Version : trikefest photographer?

djberg
06-10-2010, 10:22 PM
i heard a rumor about the aspect that no one will be there to take photo's of trikefest?:idea::idea::idea:

so well the most of you have seen my photography from icefest @ raffa's(SICK SICK SICK by far the most fun i have had i years and just an amazing time by far! thanks to raffa, bj and everyone that showed up!). and if you have not seen them have a look see here http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd346/zmpolaristech/Ice%20Fest/

i'm in the process of moving to the allentown pa area and really could use some help funding this ordeal. if ai put together a rig to shoot and print shots there, would any one be interested?

and can anyone put me in touch with the people who set up trikefest to make sure it is ok that i'm there?

i have the ability to print 8x10's on site and i can get even bigger than that but i need to have those printed in buffalo, so i could mail them to you after trike fest.

oh yeah and did i mention that i took the pic in the 3whellerworld.com web banner?(thank you to everyone who set that up, billy and those who were stoked on getting it there)

thanks so much dj berg

Billy Golightly
06-10-2010, 10:48 PM
I always bought atleast 30 or 40 bucks worth of pictures from Mike @ motolenz when he was there and printed them. If you take quality pictures (and you do, the top banner is obvious) I won't say that you *cant* lose money, but I'd be surprised if you did! If you want to come out, come on out. Ditchmud has been our photographer the past few years, and taken some great shots. Your more than welcome to come too.

Eric250R
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm definately down for some nice pics.....

Bryan Raffa
06-10-2010, 11:26 PM
your gonna have a line of people...

tecat-z
06-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Yes...... On site pics are the best. Our group always supported Mike's great efforts. As we could browse all shots before purchase.

djberg
06-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I always bought atleast 30 or 40 bucks worth of pictures from Mike @ motolenz when he was there and printed them. If you take quality pictures (and you do, the top banner is obvious) I won't say that you *cant* lose money, but I'd be surprised if you did! If you want to come out, come on out. Ditchmud has been our photographer the past few years, and taken some great shots. Your more than welcome to come too.

ditchmud will you have any issues with this? i dont want to step on anyones toes?;)

also as i'm looking at what's avalible i might step the print size availability up to 13x19.... just thinkin...

Bryan Raffa
06-11-2010, 12:01 AM
go BIG or Stay Home.......Right.......?

Tecate 50
06-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Im definately in on pics......we are traveling down in a group, and all of us will be in on this!

Gag_Halfront
06-11-2010, 01:32 AM
I would not ever try to imply that I speak for Rich, Billy or anybody else, but my understanding is, it's pretty much a free-for-all apart from the organization of the events. If we have 5 guys there taking (and maybe some of them selling) photos, I can't imagine anybody from this crowd getting their knickers in a knot over it. I think there will be enough trikers at TF to support more than one photographer

Also, I think there are slightly different niches. While Rich always takes awesome photos of races and whatnot (when racers are not in process of trying to run him over on the side of the track) he also gets some fantastic shots of the general chaos that is TF. I think he gets into that much more than Mike did probably because Rich is a triker like the rest of us.

I'm happy to be corrected if I have read the situation wrong but my take is "the more the merrier"

Besides,

Haspin is a big place. One photographer can't be everywhere at once. Hell... we need one guy just to follow Kintore, Jake, Tim, and Milk Man around. One guy needs to be following Garage Boy and Flyin' Bryan at all times, we need one person to keep an eye on Eric, Jason, and Lindsey, at least two people following Raffa at all times, and somebody hiding behind a bush with a camera whenever Mamma D gets on a trike. Sprock is always good for an action shot, somebody needs to be there when billy pukes... etc.. etc...

Not only are you welcome, but bring your friends. :D

djberg
06-11-2010, 09:57 AM
ok so after being up till 2 am searching for printers, paper and ink, i think i have the most of it together.

so i think what i will do is, shoot all day(events, people, gathering points(camps, "race tents" what not.), and of course those lovely candid moments if i can catch them(aka crashes, or johnny's x @ icefest with his new lady friend the inflatable sheep)

then after the most of the big stuff dies down i'll get back to the trailer and print off what i shot in thumb nail sizes to put in 3 ring binders for people to browse through. you come up tell me what you want and what size and if you want a trikefest 2010 logo on there(is there a specific graphic for this and where would i find it? or should i just make one in photo shop?). pay me and it will get printed within a small time frame(depending on how many people are in line and all that jazz{i'm one guy with a small set up...})

also if you would like i can "sell you the rights" aka buy the photo and i'll email it to you and you get it printed where ever you want, or just to keep it for a desktop back ground.

the other idea i have is if you have your own camera and want your pics printed right there i can also do that as long as you have your usb cord with you.

yeah so that's my plan as of so far any body else have any ideas? let me have em!

and oh man am i stoked! cant wait to meet more great people and see those that i met at icefest again!

and always keep me posted on other events going on if i can swing them i'm down to come shoot what ever. aka sprock hook a poor brother up i'll come be your personal photographer at glamis as long as me my stuff and my banshee get there i's ready and waiting! lol

thanks dj

ps and i will also need a little bit of time to ride myself!(no trike just a banshee)

ditchmud
06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
No complaints from me I would rather be riding anyways. I am not a pro and I don't have any good equiptment. I love the sport and lifestyle and try to take pictures with what I have to work with. If you keep your pictures moderately priced and bring enough supplies to keep you going then you should do very well.

djberg
06-11-2010, 11:09 PM
just one final question?

what is the power situation out there? all i need is a 110 utlet can i get one of those? or do i need to bring a generator?

thanks again dj

Howdy
06-12-2010, 12:30 AM
just one final question?

what is the power situation out there? all i need is a 110 utlet can i get one of those? or do i need to bring a generator?

thanks again dj

Call Pete at Haspin Acres and ask him about a power source. I know he wants a Good big Group picture.

djberg
06-12-2010, 09:29 AM
ok so i just got off the phone with some body who works at haspin and they are all about getting me power. and come to find out that moto lenz guy was not there last year either. so

so did any one get any kind of a group photo last year? if so could you send me a copy and i'll make them a 13x19 poster just so they have one.

and wow absolutely wow i wish i caught the guy's name i just talked to, this place sounds amazing! and their prices are great! i see why this is the venue of choice!!! big ups for haspin acres!!!!!!!!

BASHOOR330
06-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Sounds great that we will have photographer, missed mike last year . Alabama gang will down for some prints.
Mabey some basement racing shots ? (do you have a good flash) lol
remeber first rule of basment racing !! No one talks about basment racing

djberg
06-16-2010, 11:53 AM
printer will be here today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! time to learn and play!

and get a real estimate for how much ink i will need to do 10x8's and 13x19's!!!!!

djberg
06-16-2010, 02:28 PM
:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

got the printer all i can say is holy ____!!!!!!!!!!!

so great, the detail and print quality is out of this world. this thing seriously makes any local photolab prints look like crap!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! man am i stoked!!!!!!!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Eric250R
06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Awesome, can't wait to get a few!!

tecat-z
06-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Glad you have decided to come out and support Trikefest. I'm sure everyone will do their best to support your work....

Tecate 50
06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Thats awesome........

Bryan Raffa
06-16-2010, 10:37 PM
wile your practiceing... zip off some ICE FEST Pictures for me...:naughty:

djberg
06-16-2010, 11:15 PM
wile your practiceing... zip off some ICE FEST Pictures for me...:naughty:

icefest prints pre sale only deal!!! (only cause i might have to drive my truck out and if that is so it needs a new clutch before i can take it that far)

$10 8x10

$40 13x19

go to

http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd346/zmpolaristech/Ice%20Fest/

pm me for orders and payment info

pic out what you want email me the links to each pick so i know what ones you want and they will be waiting for you when we i there.

else wise pricing for trikefest goes as follows:

just the pic file emailed to you i jpeg format $10

8x10's $15

13x19's $45

or $60 for a collage of any pics you want on a single 13x19 print(pic sizes depend on how many you want on there, the more you have the smaller they are)

and i will print any of your own pics as long as you have your usb cord for your camera with you and i am not responsible for the quality of the pic you or your camera produce)

thanks dj berg

Russell 350X
06-16-2010, 11:33 PM
I am TOTALLY down for some on-site pics man. Do it up.

djberg
06-16-2010, 11:37 PM
ha ha i have a black and white of you hanging in my bedroom(my ol lady saw that pic and another pic of my daughter and stuck them in an unfinished drywall joint)