PDA

View Full Version : My new to me trike hauler

jeswinehart
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Dive/camper/trike hauler.
This is van # 6 for me. Hopefully I out live this one too :)
2007 ford E-150 super cargo van. 4.6 motor a/c, cruise, awesome sounding radio-c.d. player and a few other goodies I have not figured out yet.
Has 111K on it and I am the 2nd. owner now, first was a lease company (leased to Mattel corp. as a disply set up vehical since new).
Was 7995.000 but sales man dropped price to 7495.00 (eventually).
The bad, most likely will need a front windshield (maybe, got to talk with glass people first)
With driving a company vehicle for the last 20+ years, I put about 750 to 1200 miles a year on my vans since it is basically only used for Sunday diving, and the 3 or for trips to silver lake dunes plus TF meets once a year.
Been doing some saving to replace my full size Dodge van that I bought with extremely high mileage (200K +) 11 years ago.
So, gonna have a new look at TF2010 this year !

dcreel
06-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Looks good John, and that would definitely haul the Tecate around..

aldochina
06-12-2010, 10:40 PM
nice, thats what i need!! gonna leave it nice and white?? or sticker it up lol!! how many miles the dodge end up running for?

jeswinehart
06-13-2010, 07:22 AM
leave it white. I am not much into advertising for what/who ever.
There is one 3ww decal, one dive store decal on the old doge van.
225K on the old van. A new oil pump would do wonders for the oil pressure,,,
It has one more dive duty run today to one of the area lakes, kind of a fare well party of sorts with my dive buddys.

tapper190
06-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Looks great John, looks like somebody has some gardening to do with all those bags of mulch!
Tapper

atc350xer
06-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Sweet Ford! I'm a Dodge guy at heart, but since Ford didn't take any bailout money, I respect them alot.... oh, and you know, they do sell mulch in bulk :lol:

jeswinehart
06-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh i am with you on the Dodge being my favorite but they quit making cargo vans a few years ago.
I would have had to up size huge to one of those large walk thru delivery type they produce now. Sprinter, that's what they are called. Very nice but just a tad bit big for my needs (and my garage).
I struck a deal on that mulch for the company, 75 cents a bag. I will haul it into our Elkhart, In. plant Monday with my DODGE work truck.
that load might put the finishing touch to the old van. I spotted the empty trailer and van at the place i got the mulch from Friday morning and brought it home Friday afternoon, about a mile and a half round trip.

jrwebb8324
06-13-2010, 09:14 PM
That van should work great for the trikes. Do you haul your trikes inside the van or pull a trailor. I have a 93 ford aerostar panel van i use to haul my trikes. Only has the two front seats but i can put two trikes in it. Works great and cheap on gas.

atctim
06-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Very nice van John! Shelly and I have also upgraded to a van early this year. We got a 94 Dodge Conversion van also in white. We now sleep in the van - way better than a tent!

See you soon Buddy!

Eric250R
06-15-2010, 12:04 AM
My buddy got one just like this. Used to be a miller lite van....lol. He's having a 3ww logo made to put on the side for TF.

tecat-z
06-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Nice van John. Looks like you have a newer work truck too. I love the way those ford vans drive. My carpenter buddy has a pair of 08 E250's and they really work well on the highway. Smooth riding, comfortable, and a great view of everything. I still find myself wanting a full size van from time to time. I'm glad it came with the 4.6 instead of the 5.4. Not sure if the 5.4 was even availiable in the 1/2 ton E-series?

jeswinehart
06-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Yes, way better then a tent for sure Tim. Not as nice as a enclosed trailer (like TecateZ's new spiffy trailer) but pretty close.
Before I bought it I stopped by 2 auto parts dealer and asked about the 4.6 motor figuring they are the guys selling parts and would know what they replace most often.
Both said no problems with that motor but like you said Ed, I found out that the 5.4 motor is prone to certain issues.
Instead of decals, Mattel used a "body" wrap on this van and that helped keep the paint nice and fresh looking and did not leave any decal sticky residue behind.

hublake
06-15-2010, 07:52 AM
John,
What happened to the covered wagon idea you were working on?

jeswinehart
06-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Well Lloyd, if I was towing the trailer I would use it (as the covered wagon).
Liway is not to fond of the covered wagon so she might have a tent ALL by herself at sandpuppys ride :)

Escanabajosh
06-15-2010, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=jeswinehart;884219]
Before I bought it I stopped by 2 auto parts dealer and asked about the 4.6 motor figuring they are the guys selling parts and would know what they replace most often.
QUOTE]

a good site to check befor ya buy a car www.carcomplaints.com