PDA

View Full Version : Is this worth $500? 350x bad plastics

TheRealFatShady
06-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Looks like it needs a cover, rear fenders. Wheel bearings too?

Is it worth $500?

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/rvs/1789162119.html

If it is worth this/more, I will pick it up. Got just about enough money for it. Please lmk ASAP. Going that direction tomorrow.

Thanks

twitch101
06-12-2010, 11:09 PM
the running motor alone is worth 500. plastics are cheap compared to rebuilding a motor.

JohnnyBeGood
06-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Ya thats a damn good deal wish deals like that came up down here. The closest deal ive ever seen to something like this is the $180 I paid for my 83 250r. Which was in pieces! Go for it!

TheRealFatShady
06-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Alright, I will see what I can do. Who knows, maybe if I put 4 $100 bills in front of the guy the day after its posted (when no one from Craigslist ever even shows up....) he may bite. If it starts and runs, I think it's worth it by far just needed some reassurance.

aldochina
06-12-2010, 11:42 PM
ya, i was looking at that! LOL i got enough stuff though! def worth 5 bill s if the motors good, and tank and frame are good.

TheRealFatShady
06-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Anything in particular to look for in it? Never rode a 350x. Hoping it's relatively close to central MA and not way out near NY or something.....

twitch101
06-12-2010, 11:53 PM
check out the rear brakes, look for a crack on the left side of the frame near the back, look inside the gas tank for rust, thats all i know to check. thats what i checked for when i bought mine.

aldochina
06-12-2010, 11:53 PM
brakes are a plus on a 5 hundred dollar machine. Check the stator cover around the sprocket for dammage, lots are busted there. there is a crush void there, so it wont affect the motor, but could be a point to shave some off the price. check the cener case in the same area. If the frame, motor, tank are good, everything else can be repaired fairly cheeply. bearings, brakes, cosmetics!! Also watch for broken exaust studs! other than that, pretty solid machine, other than your typical wear items.

TheRealFatShady
06-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Will inspect to see if chain cracked case or any other damage to the bottom end/leaks.

I'd really like to get this. I am building a nasty torque machine (380cc Big Red on 30" tires), but I could use this for the trails rather than the in-progress ATC 480R.

aldochina
06-12-2010, 11:59 PM
if you contact him, and he's to far for ya, let me know, i may pull the trigger. Prolly wont last to long at that price.

TheRealFatShady
06-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Alright, will do. If you want PM me your number and I can call soon as I find out. I swear I saw it a few times before at like $700-$900? Maybe same guy or something wrong with it that it keeps getting whored around. Maybe I will try to start it and ride in all the gears?

3wheelsinPA
06-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Like others have said, check for stator side case damage (blue circle- yes, the dark gray area by the chain is JB Weld) and frame crack (red arrow, behind the plastic). When I bought mine I didn't know to check there, got it home and found a repair job that looked pretty badly done.

Fungo Wizard
06-13-2010, 12:20 AM
They is in better looking shape than one here in Mo that I oofered a guy $500 for and he would not even think about it. This one needed rear brake work, rear bearings, had 400ex rear fenders, front fender was frankenstined and it had some awful wheels and tires. The only thing it had was a good tank and it ran good. Long story short, I would snatch that up quick.

Nicholas5225
06-24-2010, 04:21 PM
They is in better looking shape than one here in Mo that I oofered a guy $500 for and he would not even think about it. This one needed rear brake work, rear bearings, had 400ex rear fenders, front fender was frankenstined and it had some awful wheels and tires. The only thing it had was a good tank and it ran good. Long story short, I would snatch that up quick.

You must have looked at the same one I did this week. lol Wentzville? I am heading to get my first 350x tonight. Paid $650 for it only needs exhaust. Everything else is stock.

thestud25
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
You must have looked at the same one I did this week. lol Wentzville? I am heading to get my first 350x tonight. Paid $650 for it only needs exhaust. Everything else is stock.

It is good to see another Missouri Rider. Where are you located at?

Nicholas5225
06-24-2010, 10:27 PM
It is good to see another Missouri Rider. Where are you located at?

I am located in St. Louis. Just picked it up. It is in decent shape. Will need the tank done and the breaks done all around. Besides that it was worth the money. Runs good. Going to start cleaning it up soon.