PDA

View Full Version : This is Scary stuff but is it true? (Oil Leak)

Fox250R
06-17-2010, 02:05 AM
I heard this late last night.. Don't know if it's actually true but it's pretty scary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPKFoj7sPds

Your thoughts???

Leadfoot71
06-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Richard C Hoagland is a crack pot. He's smart, but still a complete nut. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_C._Hoagland

For more lulz, listen to Coast2Coast AM with George Noory. This guy is on there all the time.

hang&rattle
06-17-2010, 01:29 PM
The gas bubbles are true, don't know about this particular one though. Have seen footage of gas bubbles nearly tipping over small fishing boats in florida. Also have seen methane gas bubbles from swamps come up while looking in water & rock my little jon boat. In ww2 there were documented cases of huge gas bubbles nearly tipping over battleships.

The Goat
06-17-2010, 09:46 PM
if you ever throw on some goggles and dive into a swamp, the natural gas flowing upward almost looks like reverse rain. Louisiana is settled over HUGE natural gas pockets.

Keep in mind, there is no drilling where I'm talking about...it's just flowing up naturally.

DixiePlowboy
06-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Methane bubbles are absolutely real, and they do in fact carry the potential for not only sinking full size ships which happen to be afloat above them when they surface, but being methane gas, can also cause explosions. Hell, enough air bubbles can sink vessels.

Absolutely sickening ........whats going on on the southern coast.

The Goat
06-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Btw, a large dead zone already exists in the gulf due to massive amounts of pesticides and fertilizers flowing down the mississippi from northern states. Will it expand with this spill, of course. But, if other spills are avoided, it can repair itself.

Personally, I'd say land wells need to be drilled. Safer, and more cost effective in the long run. But what do I know, I'm just some dumb redneck sitting on top of an oil pocket 10x the size of the Tuscaloosa trend... Shhhhhhh don't tell.

Aka_am
06-21-2010, 06:57 PM
I would hate to be a ROV ship, if a methane bubble hit. I can't swim haha I heard the bop was leaning as well. Anyone hear this?

300rman
06-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Absolutely sickening ........whats going on on the southern coast.

they WANT the disaster so they can push the liberal agenda further up our a$$es. our stomachs are full...they cant shove anymore down our throats.

i think the whole thing was a setup........

FIGHT ORGANIZED CRIME! RE-ELECT NO-ONE!

TheBlueWale
08-10-2010, 05:09 AM
The Gulf is going to become another Bermuda Triangle. Fox250R, I thought you had an oil leak from your 250r. LOL

300rman
08-10-2010, 10:14 PM
the oil spill is the equivalent to a drop of motor oil in your bathtub......no big deal.....they cant even find the oil out there.....