PDA

View Full Version : First post...

Dammit!
06-18-2010, 04:27 PM
From my new Macbook Pro!

My first ever Mac. They're... weird. Cool but... weird. Nothing is where you're used to it being, little things work differently. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I'm just not used to it. So far all I've done with it is play around with Garage Band and iMovie. Haven't decided if I like iMovie yet. Seems a little too basic on the surface. Can't be any worse than Movie Maker though. I'm trying to locate some better software because I don't want to wait for school to hand it over. Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro 9 are at the top of the list of stuff I want for it. I should be getting Adobe cs4 or (hopefully) 5 from school real soon.

The HD GoPro videos I got from Hans back at Easter look SICK on this thing. My PC could never play them right but the Mac has no problem. Unfortunately iMovie apparently doesn't support the mp4 format so I have to convert them before I can do any editing. PITA but whatever. Now I need my own GoPro HD camera... :twisted:

Billy, the site has some minor issues with the Safari browser. I'd get you a screenshot but I haven't figured out how to do it on here yet. Basically the header area is goofy. The ice racing image doesn't appear and the formatting is wrong. Still entirely useable though.

Any other Mac users on here besides in3ctiv3?

Billy Golightly
06-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Yup...Unfortunately aware of that templating issue. Another one of those gremlins that vBulletin just shakes their head and shrugs their shoulders at!

twitch101
06-19-2010, 07:45 PM
never been a fan of macs just cause the price you pay for the hardware that can be had cheaper. i like the ipod line but i just dont have a need for one. congrats on the new pro though.

Dammit!
06-19-2010, 10:00 PM
The price is the reason I've never owned one before. The Mac OS would be SO much more popular if it wasn't so picky about hardware and people could just build their own like a PC. If I weren't going to school for film and video production I would have never gotten one. Some of the required software is Mac only.

twitch101
06-19-2010, 10:02 PM
wow id be kind of ticked about that. im glad all my cummins software is PC. our electrical trainer is windows 95 though so i have to run a virtual machine. makes me never use it for the most part.

petesatc
06-21-2010, 04:38 AM
Mac's rock had mine for about a year now never crashed on me and say good bye to virus's.......yes takes a little getting used to but soon as you do there's no going back to PC's!!!!!