PDA

View Full Version : Trikefest Group trail ride to the Devils Backbone ( info inside )

Derrick Adams
06-18-2010, 05:33 PM
I will be leading the group trail ride this year and it is set to start directly after the motocross races on friday afternoon. We will be allowing a 20 minute time window for people to organize as well as give the MX racers time to change/ refuel/ etc.

The trip will start at the Small MX track and venture thruout Haspin Acres, hitting all the tourist spots in route to our destination of the "Devils Backbone", where the hill climbing crazies will be unleashed.

If your coming to TrikeFest for the first time, or never really explored the hills of Haspin, then this is a great ride to join in on. This is a slow to moderate paced ride that will be Mini trike friendly.

Some of the sights you can expect to see include:

The Drag Strip
The Main Camp and Pond
The Large Motocross Track
The Mud Bog
The Sand Pit
The Shoe Tree
The Devils Backbone

For those that like to take pictures or video, we will be traveling in a large caravan right down the drag strip, so hanging out at the end of the drag strip should provide excellent pics and footage.

djberg
06-18-2010, 07:18 PM
nice depending on my time frame i very well might be joining this, but it really depends on time...

keister
06-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Nice!!! I'll be sporting the 110 for this ride.
Let's see how many 110's we can line up for it.

ditchmud
06-19-2010, 11:45 AM
The group picture should be taken prior to this ride at the MX track IMO. I am going to set up to video at the end of the dragstrip as the entire group passes. I don't think that this has been done before and I believe that would be a neat perspective of the masses of trikes that attend this event.

KASEY
06-19-2010, 05:53 PM
i am definatly going on this ride... i want to pour some glamis sand on the devils backbone!!! i have some packed already ..........

Louis Mielke
06-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Kasey, it's really just a sad little hill, just very rocky and usually slick which makes it a bit technical.

Very exciting to hear your comming! Can't wait to meet up!

Bryan Raffa
06-19-2010, 10:43 PM
First time on a Tri Z.. and my own bike ... this may get Ugly............every year I have gone I've done it on a 350X...

jensenracing77
06-19-2010, 10:46 PM
i am definatly going on this ride... i want to pour some glamis sand on the devils backbone!!! i have some packed already ..........

i have a jar of Glamis sand in my bedroom. i sure would like to get some more someday.

i don't think i will be there in enough time to go on this ride but i can meet up with everyone at the hill.

ditchmud
06-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Raffa will you wear my nhelmetcam for the ride up the backbone???

djberg
06-19-2010, 11:57 PM
any one with any shot idea let me know and i'm down if you want your trike shot let me know and we can set up a time other than when main events are happening.

and from a photographers stand point just as the sun is setting makes the best light to shoot in. fyi

Eric250R
06-20-2010, 02:29 PM
The group picture should be taken prior to this ride at the MX track IMO. I am going to set up to video at the end of the dragstrip as the entire group passes. I don't think that this has been done before and I believe that would be a neat perspective of the masses of trikes that attend this event.

If the race were still being held on Saturday I would think that would be a great idea. But, witht them being early on friday there may still be some people who wouldn't be able to make the photo. I have a couple of friends that won't be there til later in the day on friday.

Eric250R
06-20-2010, 02:31 PM
any one with any shot idea let me know and i'm down if you want your trike shot let me know and we can set up a time other than when main events are happening.

and from a photographers stand point just as the sun is setting makes the best light to shoot in. fyi

I wouldn't mind having a nice shot of our rides before we get them filthy. What day will you be there ? We're showing up Wednesday about mid-day.

djberg
06-20-2010, 08:52 PM
we are leaving wednesday afternoon like 1pm at the latest. so if all calculations go well we should be there around 8 or 9 pm. so thursday morning would most likely be best for me.