PDA

View Full Version : Brought my car to have an alignment, and ..................

TheRealFatShady
06-28-2010, 10:27 AM
..............now my BRAND NEW (10 days or so ago I put it in alongside an ASE certified mechanic) rack's boots are twisted to hell. The clips are off on both sides.

The alignment itself is off, one tire is crooked while the other is straight when parked on a flat surface.

No brake lights. No tail lights.

Airbag light is on, never was before.

Horn no longer works.

Shop been in business 80 years, run by my next door neighbor who's father started it. Don't know how to go about fixing it without being viewed as 'that guy'. Would rather not be labeled as a bad customer/complainer since I want my car back to the way it was, they were to do an alignment and instead broke everything else.

Thoughts?

3wheelmecca
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
sounds like something got wrapped in the rack & pinion, wiring???

puggerton03
06-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Sounds to me like they adjusted the tie-rods without taking off the boot clamps. As for the rest of the stuff, I wouldnt have left the shop with it like that.

Thorpe
06-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I would take it back and ask WTF?

TheRealFatShady
06-28-2010, 12:53 PM
That's exactly what I think. Went back, they believe my buddy and I broke it two weeks ago, breaking the 'clock spring' in the steering wheel. Funny how it was ALL good driving to get an alignment, but not the second I got back.

Might be going back, left before I got angry.

dcreel
06-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Bad people tend to show their true colors in instances such as these. Instead of bucking up and accepting responsibility they blame the car owner. Bottom line is that they have a responsibility to make you whole in the eyes of the law.

TheRealFatShady
06-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Seriously, would have been better doing an alignment using measuring tape than this!! I needed tires for my inspection, so I got those as well. Now I won't pass due to this, great!!!

Any tips for the next step?

Red Rider
06-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble, but as I'm reading your story I'm wondering to myself, why does a brand new car already need a front end alignment, and why didn't you take it to the dealership?

Red Rider
06-28-2010, 02:02 PM
D'oh! Scratch that. I just reread your original post, and see that the rack is brand new, not the car.