PDA

View Full Version : My best score to date!!!

JayBone
06-28-2010, 02:22 PM
02 coleman camper. This was free and delivered.

The guy gave this to me said he just didn't want to bother fixing it. Or to pay a place to fix it. I figured for free i can put some effort into it and see what the deal is. I made up a 50ft power cord yesterday and everything works in the trailer. AC works great so that was running for awhile.

Here is a few pics. Maybe some of you have some good connections on info on thse types of trailers. I called several places in NJ and mid west. I was told i just have to make the beams and buy regular wood for the floor. It's basically all labor at this point for me.

harryredtrike
06-28-2010, 02:40 PM
nice score jay,not bad at all.mine is much worse and i paid four hundred

MonroeMike
06-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Looks good. Price is even better.

JayBone
06-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Thank you!

I'll be taking pictures of each stageof the reapir because this is totally new to me. Come to find out that coleman has been purchased by another company. They are only making pop-up type campers anymore. The ceiling beams i will have to make. This time i'll use either 2x6's or a sheet of plywood (1/2 in or 3/4in & glue 2 together) and rip down some new beams using the best one i remove as a template. The floor is going to be another issue. I have 2 options i think. I may cut around the cabinets leaving about an inch and patching the void with new wood or remove what i can without disturbing the plumbing and major electrical stuff. Right now it's carpet & tiles so i wasn't able to get a good look at the floor yet.

My goal is to have all of this corrected for under $1000 bucks.

atc350xer
06-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Great deal... what happened to it?

JayBone
06-28-2010, 04:39 PM
The owner just didn't take care of it. It looks like it was leaking for a few years, but this past snow storm is what damaged the roof. The weight of the snow busted the beams and the rotten ones just gave out. It doent have any sign of a tree limb. I can see the roof form my side room and i can see where the water sat on the roof.

JayBone
04-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Well it's finally done!!!!

Going up for sale today.

3 beams now have 1/2 in ply on both sides of each beam, 1 side "white" masonite ceiling, flooring replaced with plywood and new sticky tile. I totally detailed the inside of the camper every nook & crany to make it look new as possible. If i could justify buying a truck i'd probable keep it because it's really sweet. Very suprised how well it cleaned up. It's missing a few small things A ceiling vent trim ring, 1 broken cabinet handle, 1 broken slide out handle, missing stabilizer tow ball for truck hitch only i have the rest of the pieces.

I have $1200 into it and i thought about posting it for $7200??. I'd really like your input on what you think it would be worth or if i'm out of my mind starting @ $7200ha ha.

Everything i googled the numbers range between 11k to $6500.

Also the last picture is my 69 chevelle i use to own at the age of 15. Purchased in Queens NY and needed a quarter panel, paint and what not. I owned that car until i was 24 and had to sell it so i could buy a home. It was just a 307, 4bbl holly 650 (i think) little hotter cam, hedders, , 3 on the tree with shift kit, had a 2 speed turbo hydro but i swapped it out. The white things you see on the door are those plastic pices that come on new cars. I worked at a Ford dealer as a car washer back then..ha ha That picture is on our beach. I wish i had the lake in the back ground because it would have been a much cooler picture. ENJOY.

thestud25
04-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Wow, you got a heck of a deal. I would love for someone to hand one over to me in the condition you got it. To bad you are in NJ, that is a great price.

JayBone
04-29-2011, 07:12 AM
I sold the camper!! At a very good price & the family was super nice. It was a good sale.