PDA

View Full Version : Dman450R introduction

Dman450R
07-01-2010, 05:04 PM
What's up Guys! Just joined the site and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dman450R and I live in Georgia, just outside the ATL. Always rode bikes and trikes back in the day (1980's), but was out of it for a while. Now I'm back. Current ride is an 07 TRX450R with quite a few mods, but that's not why I'm here. I recently came across an 83 250R project and I had to buy it. It brought back too many good memories! I'm tearing it down and going to restore it.

This brings me to my first question for the group....

I can't get the swingarm bolt out....I've search the forums and found a lot of great ideas, but none of them are working. I haven't cut it out yet because I can't find one for sale anywhere. I've been working on it for a couple of days now, but it's just not moving. Does anyone know who might have one for sale or where I might be able to find one?

Thanks folks!

Dman

SYKO
07-02-2010, 09:49 AM
welcome to the peach state homie! pm yamahondaman for a swingarm bolt the best bolt you will ever see in your life!! need to get my beast going we got tons of ridign areas trike freindly down here!

Dman450R
07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks Bud! I went out and bought a second 250R last night. That makes 2 in 2 days.....This may become an addiction. Both are projects, but between the two of them (and a good bit of $$) I should be able to make a pretty decent trike. Atleast I have my quad until that happens.

I'll PM Yamahondaman and get the bolt asap.

D

SYKO
07-02-2010, 12:57 PM
both air cooled? im building one for a buddy (83) it just needs the engine done now and im waiting on his slow ass to give me some money

MonroeMike
07-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Welcome to 3ww.

Dman450R
07-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Yep. Both air cooled. one motor's great the other needs a complete rebuild. I'll rebuild it when I have a chance. With my luck, It's always good to have a spare motor.
Do you guys in South GA ride OHV trails or mostly private land? Up here we're mostly GA OHV.

SYKO
07-25-2010, 11:16 AM
there are no ohv trails down here its all private stuff but large acres of it though

SYKO
07-25-2010, 11:18 AM
oh yea my buddies R needs a good rear shock are you willing to part with one? $$$$