PDA

View Full Version : Hi, from England - intro

WilliamJ
07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi there, I joined a few weeks ago and I thought it was time to say hello here.

I have been getting to know trikes slowly over the last five years or so, mostly through my son Will - some of you will remember him well, he went by the name Slothminx on this forum and we miss him more than we can say.

Now I have a duty to look after all his trikes. They are an 85 Tri Z yellow and black, an 83 200x, and an 85 250R. I love them and I want to get them all in top condition so I joined the forum to learn more.

The Tri Z desperately needs rear plastics. So does the R come to that, otherwise it's sound. The 200x needs the motor rebuilding and sourcing a few missing odds and ends.

My main hobby background is cars and car racing. Built a few race engines and transmissions over the years, but not done much 2 stroke stuff, so I'm learning.

Oh yes, I drew the Tri Z wiring diagram that Will posted a while ago;)

Bill

Billy Golightly
07-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the site man! I met Will at Trikefest the year he came over, great guy. Use to chat with him a lot on MSN messenger back in the day. Was absolutely floored when I heard the news. I don't mess with the Tri-Zs much anymore, but if I can help out with anything, give me a shout.

Billy

MonroeMike
07-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Welcome to forum.

Bryan Raffa
07-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Bill..sorry about your loss.. I taught Will alot over the years about the tri-z's ..and would be happy to answer any questions you got!,,,,, and Ecstatic to hear your gonna get em all in TOP shape!

:welcome: to the site!! please tell me you got fire red hair...:D

Kintore
07-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey Bill, I was wondering when you pipe up :)

I miss him probably as much as you do.... I loved the guy like my brother.

WilliamJ
07-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. No, sadly I don't have fire red hair!!! That came from his Mum.

I'll test your trike knowledge just as soon as I can figure out the right questions to ask .......lol.

His sister, Steph is getting involved with them - been sorting out all the engine bits for the 200x, sprayed up the clutch cover sold to us by 'shee recently and stuff like that. Getting stuff painted is easy peasy but finding good stuff in the UK is sooo hard. Can't even get a Tri Z gasket set.......so Steph and me made the clutch cover gasket. I had some gasket paper laying around ;)

New Tri Z sprockets and chain arrived yesterday - wish i38859 would get back to me about the rear plastics he said he'd sell to me...he hasn't posted for three weeks, perhaps he's away or maybe it's a problem with shipping?

Josh, Will would have stayed over there if he/we could have afforded it. He had absolutely the BEST time.

Bill