PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anyting about Arctic Cats?

Jonathan
11-11-2002, 12:48 AM
Today I got an offer for a trade. My 77 K5 for a 97 Arctic Cat 454 Bear Cat 2wd. Anybody know anything about these machines? Are there any problems with these that I should look for? If I do get it, I don't really plan of keeping it, I might try to trade it for something more sporty or maybe an older Camaro in the spring. I think it's a good deal, plus I need something to ride this fall/winter while my 200x and 125 are down.
Thanks for any input.

HemiChallenger71
11-11-2002, 08:22 PM
I've never herd of anything bad about the 454 Arctic Cats, or any Arctic Cat quad for that matter. I have herd they are great machines, but 2wd kinda suxks on a quad liek that. In situation where light weight would get you out with 2 wheel drive, a heavy 2wd quad will just dig in. Like a large 2wd truck, goes through a little bit, but anything sticky, and forget it. If you don't do any mudding or do anythign stupid on it, you will never get stuck.

I would probably trade for the quad if the Blazer if it was rusty, and needed work, but if it's a nice Blazer, I would definatley keep it. You can't beat a 4X4 truck for the snow, and off roading, especially a Blazer, its the lightest full size Chevy you can get.

Jonathan
11-11-2002, 09:08 PM
I would probably trade for the quad if the Blazer if it was rusty, and needed work, but if it's a nice Blazer, I would definatley keep it. You can't beat a 4X4 truck for the snow, and off roading, especially a Blazer, its the lightest full size Chevy you can get.

It is rusty and needs some work and I have another 4x4, so I'm probably gonna go for it. If it's worth $2500 or more, I think it's a good deal cause that's what I was asking for the K5.

Any of ya'll ever ridden one of these? How are they on power? How do they handle? Does the semi-independant rear suspension make for alot of body-roll in turns?

HemiChallenger71
11-12-2002, 11:49 PM
Knowing those facts I would have traded it a long time ago. Good luck.

Jonathan
11-14-2002, 05:32 PM
TTT

yamaha 250
11-14-2002, 10:33 PM
i have. they have pretty good power but like he said they get stuck easy and the handiling is okay. but if u whant to know the speed is about 55 then dropes to about 50 after a while.