PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Weird Kawasaki Mojave 250 Problem

moto man26
07-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Hey everyone!! I have a 2 problems with my atv it's a 250 mojave... I know this isn't a trike but hopefully someone can help with this hell hole...

#1 The bike has no balls! Its so lame... I have trouble climbing over a 6-10 foot sand hill. Even in 1st gear the bike won't be able to barely spin the rear tires... This is not too normal, I should be able to get more out of this bike... What do you think this can be? To all the people I talk to they seem to say that the mojave has some decent power(not mine!)...

#2 It has been 2 rides I do with this bike and it leaves me stranded every time... I'm able to ride for about 30-45 minutes maybe an hour, and then the bike just starts to bogg out like crazy! I can't give it any throttle at all or else it will just die / bogg... It did this to me on both rides... On the 1st ride I had to get pulled back to the truck :mad:, but on the 2nd ride my buddy and I decided to figure out the problem in the woods, so we took off the air box cover to see if the filter had water or dirt, but it was extremely clean. Here is the interesting part: We took off the air filter and gave it some throttle , but nothing better it still bogged like crazy and died. I then told my buddy to stick his fist in the intake to block it completely, I then gave it throttle, and it responded well!!!???!! We didn't believe / understand, so we shoved the air filter in the intake to block it, and rode it like this for another 20- 30mins and then it started to act up again:mad: Since then I have not tried anything else!! I'm completely lost and don't know what to do!

Can someone please help me!! Thanks alot!

moto man26
07-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Also forgot to mention that on the 1st time it died on me, I completely cleaned out the carb, and it started back up... I thought I had the problem solved( I guess not)..

Dirtcrasher
07-08-2010, 02:48 AM
You have a fuel issue, maybe even a venting issue. Have you rebuilt the carb? Does leaving the cap off or loose help?

One time I duct taped the tank at a low gas level and duct taped the lid with a big hole in the center........

That resolved my venting issue, it was the cap.

You cleaned the cvarb, did you remove EVERY jet and blow air thru there??

Are you running a metal tank and not an inline filter? Take the petcock out asmd apart and clean all the screens......

Whats the plug say, is it whitish?? (lack of fuel) or black, dark brown indicating oil past the rings........

Is the air filter on, oiled and cleaned? Good plug? adjusted valves?

Any chance of an exhaust LEAK or a plugged silencer??

I'm trying................

Hoosier_Daddy
07-08-2010, 04:25 AM
Yep dirtcrasher is right. It certainly has something wrong with it. Mojaves are one of the most powerful fun 250 4 stroke ATVs available. they have a lot of poweer so you have some issues to resolve. once you get it figured out, you'll have a blast with it. They are very reliable too.

juggaloclownz18
07-08-2010, 06:56 AM
I would have to say maybe the jetting is way off, or you have an air leak somewhere??