PDA

View Full Version : Love this site...

Hint's Trikes
07-22-2010, 06:12 AM
Well cant remember if I've ever actually had a second to sit down and type anything on this board but I joined a few months ago and read alot on here. I'm 28 and grew up riding quads but my brother in laws had some old Hondas around the farm when I married into a more rural community. So i took an interest and now I have a few more Hondas lying around than my innercity neighbors probably care to see under my deck, LOL.
Anyway my bike is my Honda 200x its been bored out a little when I rebuilt it last. Somebody cut and stretched the swingarm +3" before I got it and it was running wheel spacers. Pretty fast and best handling trike I own I can dump the clutch and burn dognuts without it even trying to tip.
My wifes bike is an 85-86-87 Frankenstein 250sx. I bought it for 150.00 its basically an 87 frame with all myer plastic, I bought it that way someday I would love to restore it since its actually an 87. I rebuilt the motor but before I knew too much about these I shelled the original rearend after i got it going. Cheapest repair option was an 85 swinger with a "good" rear end on ebay. Well that rear didnt hold worth a damn and so this spring. It saw a freshly rebuilt 86 Big Red rear installed. Gave it a real "Granny" gear or as I call it "Wheelie" gear. Wife drives it in 2nd and 3rd all the time anyway. Finally by Wife's request all the plastic was painted K-State Purple. I also have my 200s with racks for hunting, a 185s parts bike, another 200x frame that my buddy and I are building an "Auto-X" for him since I had the engine laying around. I have and 85 250R that will start construction this winter but it will be my first time working with 2 stroke, No worries though Bro in law has built a few R's and has a sweet all aftermarket 86 trx 250r for the dunes. Anyway thats the "fleet" as it were. Aside from the other Bro in law who managed to buy an 250sx and a Big Red both cherry two months ago for $600.00 for the pair out of some old man's barn, lucky SOB...

MonroeMike
07-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the site.

Mrs.Mosh
07-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the site. When you get a minute, post up some pics of your collection.

dcreel
07-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the site, always nice to see people from kansas here.