PDA

View Full Version : heading south bound, and any body from luisiana

yooperman
07-24-2010, 11:08 AM
luisiana here i come!! the wife got a job in west monroe. she is scheduled to start aug 9th so there aint much time left i will have to relax down there lol. Any body on here from around that erea? and know much about the erea as in riding erea's and the laws? if there is any luisiana riders on here let me know maybe we can hook up for a ride in the near future.

code200k
07-24-2010, 12:40 PM
the goat is from there.pm him.

The Goat
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm about 4 hours south of you...a lot of mud parks and crap around. I have a fair amount of land we can ride for free if you're interested. We can go about 6 or 8 miles in any direction of my house. lots of tight woods stuff and crazy long gravel roads.

Ironbnder
08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Welcome! I am 90 miles south of you. We have tons of National Forest around the state that over the past 5 years has went from ride where and how you want, to organized trails and designated parking areas. It is still a cool ride though. It is mostly trail riding but there are a few sand dunes here and there that were old gravel pits. We also have MUDFEST in Colfax. It is 2 hours from you but if you like to camp, ride and watch the rednecks act like rednecks, it is a must do. Our state is full of mud and the fadd now is big huge 4 wheeled machines that can go through deep mud and water. There are those of us though that like to stay clean and ride on three wheels.

You being from way up there- get ready for a culture shock! PM me if there is anything I can help you with.

yooperman
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
hey fella's it is awsome! that there is good riding down there, i am getting pretty pumped! to head down there and get settled in. we got the company to push back the wifes start date to the 16th to give us lil more time to get crap ready. oh man!! i will be hitting that MUDFEST!! i love that kinda crap. first few weeks to a month will be lil hectic at first while we get every thing figured out. this is another time i have to say that the people on this site and the site itself is AWSOME!!. because every one is willing to help out a total stranger i dont even have that with the people in my town and every one knows every one. cant wait to meet some fellow trikers.

82300R
08-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Good way south of where ya gonna be but we ride alot at red creek offroad. North of biloxi. Mostly 4x4 riding but we bring the 250r's for the wow factor! LOL!

The Goat
08-08-2010, 01:27 PM
calculated it out the other day... over 70000 acres of riding area behind the house... chaching!

I also learned to always bring water...because walking out 14 miles can be a near death experience...

yooperman
08-11-2010, 07:46 AM
What u get stuck or break down goat? Well we finally made it here to la. After 3 days of traveling. We ended up getting a house in Calhoun its west of west Monroe. Now we just have to change over utilities. We have to go and get a fridge, wascher and dryer. Seems like it is spend spend lol

sdm111
08-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the great state of La., and the humidity!

yooperman
08-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Well survived my first week here in LA. And you aren't kidding about the humidity WOW!! Its crazy but I like it so far, just have to find a reserve unit that will accept me. Then I am ready to go.