PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate it when people don't read .........

Howdy
11-11-2002, 05:35 PM
Everyone knows I sell sell stuff on Ebay. A lot of people on here do that. And I am sure everyoe has the same problem.

I state this in my auctions:

Question frequently ask:
"Would you End this Auction Early?" Nope! The only way my auctions are ended early is by E-Bay or if I use "Buy It Now". It's not fair to other potential bidders.
"How much for the whole / complete machine?"Sorry, I can't predict the future. Be the high bidder on every item when they end and find out. Once the items are listed they are up for the duration of the auction.

If you have any other Questions or need other pictures e-mail me before the Auction is over. Be sure to include the item name and or number. I will try to respond in a timely matter.
Thanks
Howdy

How ever I still have people asking me to end my auctions early. This week has been real bad. 1 day into the 7 day auction and I have recieved 20 request to end my auctions early. aaaaarrrrrggg

The last 2 people I e-mailed this reply back:

$10,000 dollars for each item. I do not end my auctions early. If you would have read the description you would have seen that.

The last guy replied: "Thanks for the sarcasm"

My new Mission: I am want to make up a new signature for my e-mail that I can attatch to every e-mail that ask me to end the auctions early.

I have used the simle "NO" before but some people keep trying. Should I use the reply above? Or does anyone have a good "some what polite" reply that they use that works? Or how do you deal with these Clowns?

Any Comments or sugestions??

speed20
11-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Tell them it is stated in the auction Description or wherever it is, and that if they continue to ask, you will not sell to them..........seems harsh but thats what my dad does, and he doesnt have anyproblems.....he puts in the description: "I will not end my auctions early, so DO NOT E-MAIL ME ASKING ME TO, or i will not sell to you." works like a charm for him!\
Brad :-D

OldSchoolin86
11-11-2002, 07:14 PM
If the offer is right I just go in and reset the buy it now to thier offer and let them buy it. Money is money.

jeswinehart
11-11-2002, 09:40 PM
i have only had 1 or 2 people ask me about ending auctions early. i haven't sold nearly as much as you howdy, maybe 30-35 times.
what i get asked alot,,, nearly half the time is "how much to ship it to me ?" i almost always put the info in there that i am only gonna check rates once and that is to high bidder + it will be coming from my zip code to yours via good old fashion u.s. mail. noooo ,,, they keep asking.

john

Howdy
11-11-2002, 10:21 PM
I get those e-mails also. some of the time no zip code is included. I tell them with out a zip code I charge $75 to ship 10lbs via UPS. With a zip code I can ship it for less. lol

I made me up a shipping page that all I have to do is type in a zipcode and weight to compute the cost to ship via UPS. Talk about a time saver.

here is that link. If you know your coding and UPS info you can use it for yourself.
http://www.bright.net/~4howdy/UPSshippingratecalculator.html

TimSr
11-11-2002, 10:58 PM
"Will you end the auction early?" "Ill match your current high bid", is the number one most irritating question I get, followed by "how much is shipping?" when I have clearly stated that shipping depends upon where its going and I cant answer without a zip code. Then there is "how much do you want for it" to which I have to explain, "its an auction, it goes to the highest bidder(idiot)." And of course I cant leave out the questions that have nothing to do with the item Im selling, such as "do you have a shifter for a 72 Yamaha?", when Im auctioning an 86 Kawasaki wheel. Oh yeah, and the other one, "can you send me a list of all your parts with prices?" like Im going to take a day and a half an list all the parts of the bikes Im doing and figure out prices so he can try to get me to drop the price on $4 foot pegs. Then there is what I call the "God questions", because only He would know the answer such as "will that shock from an 84 Kawasaki fit the left rear of 1986 Yugo." Yes, Ive been doing Ebay for a long,long time.

factoryX
04-13-2009, 04:38 AM
for the fun of it, and it being the mother of all bumps.

Thorpe
04-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Howdy-- I love the 10 grand each item line! To heck with them if they can read and cant take a bit of sarcasm!

ProCarbine2k1
04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Good bump.. I dont have too much of a problem with ebay, but I do find it funny that most guys wait until the last hour to ask questions- and I guess it is a good thing I like to stick around as they end!
I get irritated selling on craigslist, but I can put up with a little irritation to save Ebays RIDICULOUS commission and listing fees. I wouldnt gripe if I mosly sold smaller stuff, but they really stick it to you when you list bikes!

Macs
04-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I know the feeling, I have my bike listed right now and if it sales on there i am going to get reamed. I have been posting on CL everyday hoping to get a offer.

300rman
04-13-2009, 05:20 PM
i have some clown on CL that keeps flagging my 3wheeler listing.

what a douche

Triple B!
04-13-2009, 11:12 PM
We do things on e-bay [more frequently lately] and I have a major irritant. Some time we sell things that we'd rather avoid shipping, so when you put "free shipping/ local pickup only" right in the prominent part of the add, then someone from California, Michigan, etc, e-mails trying to ask how much the shipping would be if we 'worked something out'... What are you talking about??? Come and get it, the shipping cost, if you want it that bad, is your gas money, duh! Grrrrr....
:mad:
or when people ask you crazy amounts of questions about whatever things you're trying to sell, then never bid on it at all... jeez...

factoryX
04-14-2009, 04:20 AM
wow, I also thought this was a good read, and I am being called a post whore? have you people not read some of the crap other people posted?

outtaline
04-14-2009, 11:55 AM
A guy on cl kept flaggin me so I found out who it was don't ask how it was some kid and flagged everything he had I work for a guy that has 9 computer programers all his stuff was bogus atc and atv listing his dad was cool about it when I showed up to talk threewheelers his son posted and that weren't for sale but he has a sweet 250r so I told him about 3ww hey Factory X:postwhore

3 weelin geezer
04-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Wouldn't simply ignoring the email be sufficient? Give them time to read the listing again...and again...and again while they wait. Or tell them what they want to hear and that someone else already beat them to it.