PDA

View Full Version : Considering moving to Florida - Need info

350Xhilaration
07-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Hey all...we're considering making a big jump and moving to Tamp/Orlando (or other) in FL somewhere.

We've vacationed there quite a bit and really like the beaches, but living and vacationing are a whole different animal.

I know a lot of you guys are natives and I'd like some input from you on Housing, Taxes, Schools, Jobs (Tech and Medical), Home Owners' Insurance, etc.

We have 3 daughters 13, 10, & 7. My wife is a Registered Respiratory Therapist and I am an Information Security Engineer. She's worked in hospitals and nursing homes and I've mainly worked for defense contractors.

We would like to live close enough to things that are fun but also not in the heart of a city. We will be looking for a 4 BR house, no apartments or town homes.

Being close to a beach would be awesome, but I understand the closer you get to the shore, the higher the cost of homes and HOI. Depending on how much that is will depend on how close we can get.

Thanks in advance!!

SYKO
07-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I think you would do well around the Tampa area I lived there for a bit and loved it, they have MAJOR hospitals lots of nice beaches and just north of tampa is CROOM state riding area with tons of riding. To me Tampa is an easy city to live at lots to do but dosnt seem over croweded in any way. I lived just north of tampa as well in Dade city (20 miles by interstate) I worked right off 275 in downtown and morning comute was 1-1 1/2 hours some times less and about 45 in the afternoon.... plus if your in tampa your not to far away from yamahondaman!