PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash dead at 71

Billy Golightly
09-12-2003, 02:22 PM
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=133773

R.I.P. "The Man in Black" Feb. 26, 1932-Sept. 12th, 2003.

ATC crazy
09-12-2003, 04:25 PM
:( :( :(

I liked Mr. Cash...he had some pretty good songs too.

motoman1012002
09-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Him and willie were the best

hondajas
01-08-2004, 01:08 PM
I know that I dug up this post a little too late, (I didn't know about this sight that long ago) but when I saw it in the search I had to say something about it. How can I see something about Johnny Cash and not say anything about him? It was very sad news when he passed away, but his music will live on forever. Currently I own more then 30 of his albums, each on of them are great. If only I would have seen him in live concertone, gosh I would have loved that. Anybody else big time Johnny Cash fans out there, that's all I ever listen to, in fact right now in the CD drive I'm listening to his album Unchained.

JasonJ

long live Johnny Cash

BigRedRunner
01-08-2004, 08:33 PM
I know that I dug up this post a little too late, (I didn't know about this sight that long ago) but when I saw it in the search I had to say something about it. How can I see something about Johnny Cash and not say anything about him? It was very sad news when he passed away, but his music will live on forever. Currently I own more then 30 of his albums, each on of them are great. If only I would have seen him in live concertone, gosh I would have loved that. Anybody else big time Johnny Cash fans out there, that's all I ever listen to, in fact right now in the CD drive I'm listening to his album Unchained.

JasonJ

long live Johnny Cash

I bought a Telecaster and D-28 just because of him. I can play just about all of Luther's bits on the songs.

hondajas
01-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah, me too I want to get me one of those D-28. I can't play guitar too well, just a few solo's like I walk the line, wreck of the old 97 and some of Folsom Prison Blues. But I can play what Johnny plays, you know regular chords without a pick, go along and sing the songs, just like his American Recording album.

jakey
01-10-2004, 02:16 PM
he is like my 5th cousin... He used to come and pick up my Great Grandmother and take her to church when he came in town(Kingsland, Arkansas), My great grandma died the day after Christmas 2001. He will always be a legend of our town....

it seems many people are from Kingsland...Johnny Cash and Paul Bear Bryant... Paul Bear Bryant was born in the bottoms of land we now own.

peace