PDA

View Full Version : young and stupid!! . sadd "WOW" and another unfortunate dummy!! what gives!

aldochina
07-31-2010, 12:49 AM
This was in the local paper a few days ago,what a shame. I am not sure if drugs or alcohol were a factor, it hasnt come out yet, but i wouldnt be surprised judging by time and age. Even if your kids are older, you gotta set some rules when it comes to atv use.
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/ATV-crash-kills-2-teenagers-592769.php

this was in todays paper-
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/COPS-COURTS-AND-CALLS-601655.php

is that a honda??

harryredtrike
07-31-2010, 01:50 AM
what a shame.feel bad for the families involved.i rode motorcycles my whole life and took many chances.im sure luck was on my side

TheRealFatShady
07-31-2010, 01:56 AM
No helmet for the girl, two people on one ATV, no headlights on a street, at 12:30AM. It sucks to say, but what do you expect to happen at a time like that under those circumstances? Certainly isn't a safe (or legal) riding environment.

It's sad that trikes were banned and that today's youth may not be aware of the supposed reason why and take that into consideration.

Must be horrible for the families to lose a child.

puggerton03
07-31-2010, 09:03 AM
That's too bad. Had to of been going pretty fast. Wonder if they were racing the ATV behind them?

250rAL
07-31-2010, 11:44 AM
A very similar accident happened here a while back. A guy and girl around 19 or so hit a tree while running from a park ranger on a paved park road. In this case, the guy lived and his girl died. People don't realize how hard it is to turn on pavement riding double.

Dirtcrasher
08-01-2010, 12:15 AM
If I had one helmet and a girl on the back (albeit legal or otherwise), she would certainly get the helmet. Unfortunately she made as poor a decision as he did; And he'll have to live with that...... Nothing ANY of us would wish to live with!!

3wheelmecca
08-01-2010, 12:20 AM
You never know how lucky you are until you wreck. Happens to the best of us.

Vealmonkey
08-01-2010, 01:07 AM
The sad truth here is people blame things on the ATV, when it's really the parents as well as the kids fault. Many parents don't teach their kids and many kids don't listen. A recipe for disaster. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Wether it was ATVs or cars or what have you. Some people don't learn and it costs them their lives. More people need to be responsible for their actions. Are there innocent victims here? The girl without the helmet and riding double, she made her choice and it was a bad one. I seriously doubt a gun was held to her head. Where were her parents? Link this thread to the poll, "Who wears a helmet?" And why would the parent have the nerve to be angry or sad now? Where were they when all this stuff went down? Stupid people.

RIDE-RED 250r
08-02-2010, 05:52 PM
The sad truth here is people blame things on the ATV, when it's really the parents as well as the kids fault. Many parents don't teach their kids and many kids don't listen. A recipe for disaster. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Wether it was ATVs or cars or what have you. Some people don't learn and it costs them their lives. More people need to be responsible for their actions. Are there innocent victims here? The girl without the helmet and riding double, she made her choice and it was a bad one. I seriously doubt a gun was held to her head. Where were her parents? Link this thread to the poll, "Who wears a helmet?" And why would the parent have the nerve to be angry or sad now? Where were they when all this stuff went down? Stupid people.

well stated.......

haggard 2hundie
08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
If I had one helmet and a girl on the back (albeit legal or otherwise), she would certainly get the helmet. Unfortunately she made as poor a decision as he did; And he'll have to live with that...... Nothing ANY of us would wish to live with!!

right on man i cant believe that selfishn dude didnt give the girl the brain bucket or insist she wore it

brapp
08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
i am not perfect but when haveign someoen on the back i always made shure we both had helmets on.

1grindking
08-04-2010, 02:51 PM
growing up on the farm there were 2 rules of riding anything with an engin (not the lawn mower) but all atvs, motorcycles, minibikes, mopeds, gokarts stuff like that
#1 if you cant start it yourself you cant ride
#2 if ya dont wear a helmet dad will pull the keys

ps; most of our toys didnt have electric start like they do now lol

thestud25
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Very sad. I agree with Veal. Where were the parents? Why were these kids out running around so late? Tragic. I was not the most responsible kid, nor adult for that matter. I am glad that I have wisened up.

aldochina
08-04-2010, 06:08 PM
posted at the top, but just incase you missed it.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/COPS-COURTS-AND-CALLS-601655.php

lets reiterate safety to the young ones please!!

squirrel1182
08-05-2010, 10:11 PM

x2 If i dont have helmet on its first gear. Imo its best to only ride one person on any atv.